Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1167 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
I used my STACK card when ordering from Google, I know they charge $2 and paid back later (dunno when) for verification.
But I'm seeing $2 charged twice yesterday, no pay back yet.
Anyone seeing something similar?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2056 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Anyone know of a brick and mortar store that carries a plug/wall mount for these things? Or is my only option Amazon. I want to do a plug mount in the bathroom for one.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2262 posts
363 upvotes
cyphon21 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:44 am
Anyone know of a brick and mortar store that carries a plug/wall mount for these things? Or is my only option Amazon. I want to do a plug mount in the bathroom for one.
Seen them in homedepot about $20

edit: $17.97 https://www.homedepot.ca/product/360-el ... 1001181319
Last edited by Rooster on Apr 16th, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of the farm
Apr 6, 2017
710 posts
479 upvotes
Westmount, QC
jasonchewy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:25 am
I used my STACK card when ordering from Google, I know they charge $2 and paid back later (dunno when) for verification.
it happens to me for other charges with visa.
In the end, I get charged once
Aug 31, 2014
307 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cyphon21 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:50 am
I would just order from Amazon instead then - quicker time and for not much more. Seems like quality ones there are around $10-15
I picked up this one from Amazon and I have to say I really like it. You can have it mounted directly on top of the plug and it doesn't block the other socket, also comes with an extra magnetic base so that you can attach it somewhere else and keep the cord nice and tidy.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07F3Z ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2056 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:53 am
I picked up this one from Amazon and I have to say I really like it. You can have it mounted directly on top of the plug and it doesn't block the other socket, also comes with an extra magnetic base so that you can attach it somewhere else and keep the cord nice and tidy.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07F3Z ... UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! I was looking at these. I think I am just going to go with this one. Now to find other 'useful' stuff to get my free shipping haha.
Apr 3, 2007
145 posts
55 upvotes
cyphon21 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:57 am
Thank you! I was looking at these. I think I am just going to go with this one. Now to find other 'useful' stuff to get my free shipping haha.
That's the one I got too, works great. The only downside of it is the google home will be mount at the electrical plug level instead of sitting on a table / coffee table or whatever, so you may have to speak louder for it to hear you.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2056 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
pigwinner wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 10:52 am
That's the one I got too, works great. The only downside of it is the google home will be mount at the electrical plug level instead of sitting on a table / coffee table or whatever, so you may have to speak louder for it to hear you.
I plan to use this mount in the washroom, which is counter level height. The main floor we have the google home mini on one end up on top of a desk, and the Nvidia Shield at the TV picking up commands.

Thanks though - glad to hear positive feedback on it :)
Jun 18, 2018
319 posts
121 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:25 am
Exactly same situation here. I am just hoping it will refund altogether when it gets shipped. If not, I'll have to escalate w/ Google.
Aug 31, 2014
307 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SuperMocha wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 10:59 am
I picked up this one instead of the magnet one...https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HSY ... UTF8&psc=1 Just because it's cheaper...$15.99 for two...
"Allows it to project louder when she's singing out facing you instead of yelling up from flat on her back, providing good audition experience"

I love the engrish on these products, absolutely hilarious.