Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
6831 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
Spinthedeal wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:17 pm
Well I guess he is gifting it to me. I didn't ask too many questions, I just said thanks. And a thanks to you as well for the answer to my question..
Nice friend Smirking Face
Nov 30, 2011
105 posts
62 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:54 pm
Ending so soon Crying Face not even two weeks

I ignored the thread for a whole week, glad I finally decided to check it out today.
Oct 29, 2011
105 posts
44 upvotes
For safe cancelling, after you cancel the service on Spotify site, for people use Paypal, please login and go to your wallet page. Make sure you “inactive” pre-approved payment with Spotify.
Nov 7, 2017
226 posts
513 upvotes
Nice ordered on first day, and after an investigation from Google, my order seems to be lost by Canada Post. Zzz, hope Spotify sends me a new code or reimburse my premium.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
queenofhearts wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 1:53 pm
I have this and it is great. I also have the battery pack they make so I can make my GHM portable.
How long does the mini last with a full charge on that 7800 mah power bank you own?
Aug 5, 2012
236 posts
107 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ordered a chalk on April 10, 2:30am in the morning, estimated delivery date is May 2-3 and it still remains the same as now.

aasoror wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:20 am
Alternatively, you can make it (next to) free at many public libraries.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2695943
Toronto Public Library limits each printing to 2 hours and cost about $5 for the 2 hours. The pieces look like needs 4-6 hours, so will cost $10-$15, may well just buy a ready manufactured one.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16798 posts
22913 upvotes
ONTARIO
Growingupisold wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 9:53 am
I picked up this one from Amazon and I have to say I really like it. You can have it mounted directly on top of the plug and it doesn't block the other socket, also comes with an extra magnetic base so that you can attach it somewhere else and keep the cord nice and tidy.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07F3Z ... UTF8&psc=1
That is definitely a really slick looking design.
I got a cheap one I got from china that works well. but definitely not as nice looking as that though.

I want one but I don't know if I can justify spending $17 on a mount for a $10 device lol. Maybe if it was a 2 pack
Last edited by BobSagget on Apr 16th, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2007
18339 posts
9516 upvotes
Kitchener
roosterOON wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 3:06 pm
Toronto Public Library limits each printing to 2 hours and cost about $5 for the 2 hours. The pieces look like needs 4-6 hours, so will cost $10-$15, may well just buy a ready manufactured one.
YMMV per library (and the demand on 3D printing at that location), it goes from free to a much smaller nominal (0~$2) charge + a per gram of filament cost.
Aug 31, 2014
365 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 3:17 pm
That is definitely a really slick looking design.
I got a cheap one I got from china that works well. but finitely not as nice looking as that though.

I want one but I don't know if I can justify spending $17 on a mount for a $10 device lol. Maybe if it was a 2 pack
Well, they do have a 2 pack. Bad news, it's still not super cheap, brings it down to $15 per mount though.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F3W1BNV/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Nov 21, 2005
291 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
Mine showed up yesterday, so that was quick. Three annoyances that I've ran into so far, no aux port so I can't use it to control my shop stereo, I can't change the wake up command from "Ok/Hey Google" which is annoying, and I have a "g suite" legacy free apps for business account for Google Home and I can't link a standard Gmail account to it as well.

I mean free is cool so I'm not mad but I'm glad I didn't actually pay money for this.
Heatware
Ebay Username = hwakboxen
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1197 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
hawkbox wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 3:29 pm
Mine showed up yesterday, so that was quick. Three annoyances that I've ran into so far, no aux port so I can't use it to control my shop stereo, I can't change the wake up command from "Ok/Hey Google" which is annoying, and I have a "g suite" legacy free apps for business account for Google Home and I can't link a standard Gmail account to it as well.

I mean free is cool so I'm not mad but I'm glad I didn't actually pay money for this.
You can either pair the GHM with a bluetooh receiver or Chromecast Audio.
I have a Chromecast Audio plugged in to a set of speakers, and my GHM always plays to the speakers.
Nov 21, 2005
291 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
jasonchewy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 3:40 pm
You can either pair the GHM with a bluetooh receiver or Chromecast Audio.
I have a Chromecast Audio plugged in to a set of speakers, and my GHM always plays to the speakers.
Yeah that's what I expect I will do, but it means additional reworking of the system I was already happy with. I guess I'm just not courageous enough to let go of my aux ports. ;)
Heatware
Ebay Username = hwakboxen
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1197 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
hawkbox wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 3:48 pm
Yeah that's what I expect I will do, but it means additional reworking of the system I was already happy with. I guess I'm just not courageous enough to let go of my aux ports. ;)
You could get tiny usb powered bluetooth receiver that outputs with a 3.5mm plug.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2013 posts
325 upvotes
Gta
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 2:59 pm
How long does the mini last with a full charge on that 7800 mah power bank you own?
Um...so I don’t know. I actually live in a condo so I only move it from the bedroom to the kitchen with the battery pack or on the balcony and I have never used it long enough to know. For sure at least an hour. Sorry I can’t be of of more help. Disappointed Face
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7560 posts
1341 upvotes
Great, my internet died while checking out of google and the coupon is used.
Should I contact google support or spotify?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)