Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

May 6, 2010
494 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
Bzzzzt wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:23 pm
How do you get 1000+ codes, or even 50+ codes that several other sellers are selling at cost or $5-10 above? Don't you need 1000+ unique CC numbers? Amazing!

I think this is the UK eBay seller with up to 1029 sold so far at below cost ($9.40 CAD or best offer) so if you're not interested in Spotify this is a better alternative:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Google-Home-Min ... crveM%20NJ
From the thread summary:
"Ebay is swarming with phished/stolen Spotify premium accounts, these accounts could all be used to create "illegitimate" codes. If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true. Remember once you use the code it can only be traced back to you and the phisher is out of the loop."
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4579 posts
3721 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:23 pm
How do you get 1000+ codes, or even 50+ codes that several other sellers are selling at cost or $5-10 above? Don't you need 1000+ unique CC numbers? Amazing!

I think this is the UK eBay seller with up to 1029 sold so far at below cost ($9.40 CAD or best offer) so if you're not interested in Spotify this is a better alternative:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Google-Home-Min ... crveM%20NJ
Only need 1 credit card as far as I know...

People are having issues using the same card for redeeming the GHM.

I haven't seen any posts about problems signing up for Spotify using the same card.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1901 posts
1392 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Finally got the shipping notification last night
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16789 posts
22896 upvotes
ONTARIO
The broadcast feature is cool. If you already owned one google home device and now thanks to this promo you now have another as well, you can send messages back and fourth.
On Amazon's Alexa devices, you can straight up talk back and fourth between devices, which is cooler, but maybe that would come to google devices in the future.

Right now you can say "hey google, broadcast <message here>" and it will send your message (in your own voice) to all other google home devices.
Could be useful for telling your kids to wake up if they have their own mini, or letting everyone know dinner is ready or even just to screw around with for fun lol.
Last edited by BobSagget on Apr 17th, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1901 posts
1392 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
aniadoor1 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:46 pm
when did you order?
Mid-afternoon on the first day, so it took a week to fulfill it.
Aug 6, 2012
366 posts
34 upvotes
EDMONTON
So like some of the others here, I was able to redeem my spotify offer and had my order cancelled.

I've tried to contact the Spotify support, and they haven't been too helpful. Am I out of luck, as this is the last day for the promo?

Does anyone have any advice? I know the summary kind of touches on it, but am i just screwed unless I bark up the right tree?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4579 posts
3721 upvotes
technique wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:50 pm
So like some of the others here, I was able to redeem my spotify offer and had my order cancelled.

I've tried to contact the Spotify support, and they haven't been too helpful. Am I out of luck, as this is the last day for the promo?

Does anyone have any advice? I know the summary kind of touches on it, but am i just screwed unless I bark up the right tree?
Doesn't sound like anyone here has successfully had Spotify or Google re-issue or re-instate a used code.

I think people are just signing up for another Spotify account and either giving up on the first one, or getting it reversed through Paypal/chargeback
Jul 12, 2013
333 posts
174 upvotes
Halifax
technique wrote:

Sorry, how did it get cancelled? is it due to Credit card address mismatch ?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1197 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
technique wrote:

how long after your google order did your cancellation email come?
May 3, 2008
887 posts
443 upvotes
Markham
Since you order the GHM directly with Google on your own google account, it is completely separated from Spotify. There is no harm to cancel Spotify as soon as you receive the redeem code and able to place to order at $0 successfully. I dont believe Spotify has the "authority" to cancel your Google order under any circumstances (as its not listed out in the offer).
Spotify ended up cancelling the promotion earlier than planned due to either huge demand, or experience a lot of "immediate" cancellation or both...
I believe Spotify has to pay Google X amount for each redeem code.
Apr 8, 2007
215 posts
47 upvotes
Spotify's response to the cancelled orders is brutal. Talked to spotify through chat a few times now. Have sent emails back and forth (with screenshots) with the "special team" and all the responses are basically different versions of tough sh*t.

I'm considering at this point to order a few more to sell, just to make a point and recover my loss. I have more than enough CC's and accounts. I had two legitimate and active spotify accounts, only wanted two google homes (one under my account one under the gf's) and upgrading to premium was only to get the google homes. If this was to prevent hoarding I can definitely get around that if I wanted to. Pretty dumb to punish legitimate users. I had considered splitting a spotify membership with some family and friends (I honestly don't use it enough to care but for the right price why not) but after learning how sh*t spotify's customer support is I'm not interested in giving them anymore money.

I will say google's support has been quite nice to deal with. They actually follow up. Now they basically haven't been able to do anything, which is disappointing, but they seem to at least try and seem to care. We'll see what happens with them as I'm waiting on another follow up from them currently.

I also now asked spotify for a refund which I know I won't get but was worth a shot.

Pretty simple spotify, I paid $10 to get a GHM. I either get the GHM or my $10. You don't just get to keep my $10 because of some ordering issues.

For reference, emails from spotify:

First email, after a chat session with spotify
Hi there,

This is a follow up email regarding your Google Home mini issue.

Google should have emailed you regarding the cancellation of your order. We don’t have any more information our end, and we’re unable to provide you with a new code.

If you have any questions we recommend contacting Google Store directly.
After telling them I had contacted google and that google told me that spotify had to provide me with a new code, I got this response.
Hi there,

Thanks for your patience with this, we appreciate it.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, however we’re still unable to assist you further with redeeming a Google Home Mini device.

We’re unable to provide you with another code as we can only offer one code per customer.
Last edited by bnevets27 on Apr 17th, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 6, 2012
366 posts
34 upvotes
EDMONTON
jasonchewy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:59 pm
how long after your google order did your cancellation email come?
Almost the same day, apparently they were unable to validate my information?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1020 posts
222 upvotes
Winnipeg
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:49 pm
The broadcast feature is cool. If you already owned one google home device and now thanks to this promo you now have another as well, you can send messages back and fourth.
On Amazon's Alexa devices, you can straight up talk back and fourth between devices, which is cooler, but maybe that would come to google devices in the future.

Right now you can say "hey google, broadcast <message here>" and it will send your message (in your own voice) to all other google home devices.
Could be useful for telling your kids to wake up if they have their own mini, or letting everyone know dinner is ready or even just to screw around with for fun lol.
Yah I would really like the Alexa style communication on the google home. Google is actively working on new features so make sure you let them know that this is something you want. You can do that straight from the Google Home by saying "Hey Google, Send Feedback ....." and then the feature you want.