Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Apr 19, 2008
13 posts
BobSagget wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 9:52 pm
What does it say when you go here: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/

If it doesn't have a captcha and a redirect to google store to order yours, you didn't properly register for the offer and you're out of luck.
Thanks for the info. I thought I did request it. Any idea how to contact the customer service department of Spotify? Thanks a lot.
Dec 27, 2007
18526 posts
9687 upvotes
Kitchener
liltennyo wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 4:36 pm
I am with you.

A supervisor from Google confirmed that they sent me a faulty promo code; yet, Spotify is stating that it is one code per customer. I spoke to the Executive Team (Spotify). Also, they refused to give me my refund...I filed a dispute for the amount. They dont deserve one cent.
What does a "faulty promo code" mean? didn't it work during initial checkout then the order was canceled later on by Google?
Jan 27, 2014
103 posts
74 upvotes
Burnaby
aasoror wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 5:27 pm
What does a "faulty promo code" mean? didn't it work during initial checkout then the order was canceled later on by Google?
Google told me that I may have received a faulty promo code so once I placed the order, it would be cancelled right away.
Dec 27, 2007
18526 posts
9687 upvotes
Kitchener
liltennyo wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 5:34 pm
Google told me that I may have received a faulty promo code so once I placed the order, it would be cancelled right away.
Ah, they are making up stories then :)

Again, it was Google that accepted the code, validated it, applied the discount, confirmed payment, just to, later on, cancel the order, as far as all the cancellation emails say it has nothing to do with the code, orders were canceled because Google's own fraud detection mechanism (whatever that was) was triggered ("unable to validate payment info" they say in the email).

While Spotify holds part of the responsibility for delegating the fulfillment to Google and not intervening when things went bad don't let Google feed you BS, every single cancellation is on Google.
Jan 27, 2014
103 posts
74 upvotes
Burnaby
aasoror wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 5:42 pm
Ah, they are making up stories then :)

Again, it was Google that accepted the code, validated it, applied the discount, confirmed payment, just to, later on, cancel the order, as far as all the cancellation emails say it has nothing to do with the code, orders were canceled because Google's own fraud detection mechanism (whatever that was) was triggered ("unable to validate payment info" they say in the email).

While Spotify holds part of the responsibility for delegating the fulfillment to Google and not intervening when things went bad don't let Google feed you BS, every single cancellation is on Google.
You are right. I am still in contact with Google Supervisor; but, they have been taking their sweet time replying back to me. Obviously, Google can do something about it; they just choose to do nothing (thats what I think anyways).

In hindsight, I should have just made a new account and order another GHM.
Aug 11, 2018
202 posts
205 upvotes
TheRockNL wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:04 pm
1. Work time
2. It's the principle of false advertising. They didn't say they were out of stock, just cancelled for no reason.
3. Where can I get a GHM for $10?
how's it false advertising if it worked for thousands of other people, including myself?

i did it twice actually because, i admit unlike some, i'm a greedy bastard and i'll use both (not for resell).

i fully expected my 2nd order to get cancelled by google given i put in the same info as my first order but with a different card. obviously you, and many others, didn't follow instructions and now you're on here complaining about it. user error but blame everyone else and cry for your $10. goodluck i hope you don't get paid a cent back.
Nov 2, 2012
962 posts
1272 upvotes
Caerus wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:00 pm
I was looking for a multi-pack mount for my previous GHMs and the one coming soon. I ordered the 3 pack of these for $22.99 https://www.amazon.ca/Mount-Genie-Affor ... r=8-5&th=1. Most on amazon are about $15 each. The 3 pack makes these less than $8 per mount. That's getting close to ebay/direct from China price, but showing up in a couple days instead of months. I'm expecting it to be super cheaply built Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes, but if it works, that's all I need.

I was looking at picking up the same ones you did, but these ended up being cheaper for me and also they won't cover up the other plug.
So I got the mounts today and they work perfectly. The build quality does seem a bit cheap, not breaking or falling apart bad, but not super sturdy plastic. It's better than what I was expecting it to be though. Also, once everything is carefully snapped into place, it is pretty solid. I'm happy with them. If you're looking for some mounts and you don't want to spend much, these ones will work. Not amazing quality, but does the trick just fine. And they give ample space around the other plug.

They also do provide a little hole for access to the mute switch, which is nice. But you kind of do need to jam your finger in there to get to it, so unless you have tiny fingers or long nails, it's not really all that useful.
mount.jpg
Sep 5, 2018
25 posts
33 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 9:41 pm
how's it false advertising if it worked for thousands of other people, including myself?

i did it twice actually because, i admit unlike some, i'm a greedy bastard and i'll use both (not for resell).

i fully expected my 2nd order to get cancelled by google given i put in the same info as my first order but with a different card. obviously you, and many others, didn't follow instructions and now you're on here complaining about it. user error but blame everyone else and cry for your $10. goodluck i hope you don't get paid a cent back.
What the hell are you going on with? It's false advertising because they advertised a free product along with a purchase and didn't follow through with it for many people. What instructions were "not followed"? You signed up, you get the email with the link to redeem the free GHM, follow link, login to spotify, forwarded to google store, add to cart and checkout with discount applied at checkout. All instructions followed correctly, and it worked, up until Google cancelled the order for "incomplete information". Please, enlighten me on what instructions were not followed?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1327 posts
834 upvotes
Land
TheRockNL wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:50 pm
What the hell are you going on with? It's false advertising because they advertised a free product along with a purchase and didn't follow through with it for many people. What instructions were "not followed"? You signed up, you get the email with the link to redeem the free GHM, follow link, login to spotify, forwarded to google store, add to cart and checkout with discount applied at checkout. All instructions followed correctly, and it worked, up until Google cancelled the order for "incomplete information". Please, enlighten me on what instructions were not followed?
From some of the members answering to comments, it looks like some are just just blowing up steam.
Some RFD's members expect us to read 260 pages...

Yes a few got cancel..
Nov 30, 2007
492 posts
72 upvotes
North York
anyone else receive a charge of $116.19 from GOOGLE *GoogleBestBuy on their credit card?
This charge was previously pending but is now charged on my card.
My google order shows an owed amount of $0.00 (after the -$75 discount). Will be contacting google and the cc company tomorrow.
Apr 22, 2019
1 posts
BB88 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 8:58 am
Is it safe to cancel Spotify before Google ships out the Mini? Cuz my estimated delivery date is more than a month away.
hey did you cancel it before google mini shipped?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16960 posts
23307 upvotes
ONTARIO
stasik wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 12:39 am
anyone else receive a charge of $116.19 from GOOGLE *GoogleBestBuy on their credit card?
This charge was previously pending but is now charged on my card.
My google order shows an owed amount of $0.00 (after the -$75 discount). Will be contacting google and the cc company tomorrow.
I just checked my CC to be sure and nothing like that here.
It does sound like your card has been compromised though. I mean you shouldn't have been charged for the google mini, but even if you were, $116.19 is too high, even with taxes. So that sounds like a charge for something else.
Definitely contact your CC and change your passwords.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4866 posts
5595 upvotes
HemilS73360 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:26 am
hey did you cancel it before google mini shipped?
Not yet. I'll keep it for a month
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Nov 7, 2017
241 posts
519 upvotes
Update to my lost ghm by canada post. Spotify ended up giving me a new activation link and it works on any colour! Gonna get me that aqua one because why not?!
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11353 posts
5781 upvotes
Toronto
cessnabmw wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 9:58 am
Why is this in expired deals?

I see the following on the link:

Premium for $9.99 CAD/mo. One device redemption code per account. CA only. Shipping & handling by Google: a Google account and Google-approved form of payment required to redeem a device. Offer available until May 9, 2019, or while supplies last. Devices must be redeemed by May 31, 2019. Trial users not eligible. Terms apply.
Because it's expired, the deal no longer exists.
ncnmra wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:06 am
I presume because of this:

https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/artic ... offer-faq/

Spotify has really pissed me off over the last little while. Considering dumping and going to Google Music. Anyone have any experience with migration?
This page doesn't exist. Ordered on April 15th, still listing end of May for delivery. Used one account to order one and used my real CC in google so I have zero doubts this will be fulfilled.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke