Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

May 17, 2012
56 posts
9 upvotes
Auckland
been in contact with support for about a week now sending emails back an forward about a code not working and they basically said the code has been redeemed no google home mini for you. am i the only one that its happened to?
Oct 18, 2010
113 posts
99 upvotes
lazygizmo wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 11:59 am
been in contact with support for about a week now sending emails back an forward about a code not working and they basically said the code has been redeemed no google home mini for you. am i the only one that its happened to?
You're not the only one. It happened to a bunch of people and neither Spotify nor Google will help you.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1275 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
In a way, this is similar to McDonald's happy meal toys.
They have a particular toy you want to collect, you buy the happy meal, find out the one you want ran out, and you got something else instead.
Jun 14, 2011
2 posts
Wow what a crock of crap. I actually switched from Family Premium to Premium and it had to expire April 17th to be eligible. I was on vacation, now on my return it's no longer there.

I think I will check out Amazon Prime music again, maybe their library has improved since launch.

The worst part is the people who signed up for a month, cancelled just to get it...or worse the guy who even cancelled it through his CC to get it free. Meanwhile, I'm paying them $15 a year for years and my business means nothing it seems.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39425 posts
5822 upvotes
King City
stasik wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 12:39 am
anyone else receive a charge of $116.19 from GOOGLE *GoogleBestBuy on their credit card?
This charge was previously pending but is now charged on my card.
My google order shows an owed amount of $0.00 (after the -$75 discount). Will be contacting google and the cc company tomorrow.
No issues here. What the other person said, maybe your account was compromised. Definitely call Google and your CC. Plus change your password.

Google and Bestbuy doesn't make sense. I doubt Best Buy is involved in this program.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
27 posts
34 upvotes
0Sense wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:46 am
Update to my lost ghm by canada post. Spotify ended up giving me a new activation link and it works on any colour! Gonna get me that aqua one because why not?!
That's actually kind of interesting for those of us who had our orders cancelled, and Spotify basically said "too bad" and we're not issuing you another code. Makes me think there's something more to why Google cancelled it, other than a glitch that I was told by google.
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
0Sense wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:46 am
Update to my lost ghm by canada post. Spotify ended up giving me a new activation link and it works on any colour! Gonna get me that aqua one because why not?!
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what did you provide Spotify and were there a lot of back and forth? I have been getting "One device redemption code per account" mumbo jumbo even though it was my first order.
Nov 7, 2017
245 posts
528 upvotes
liltennyo wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:28 pm
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what did you provide Spotify and were there a lot of back and forth? I have been getting "One device redemption code per account" mumbo jumbo even though it was my first order.
After emailing google first, They told me that Spotify will help me out. When I emailed Spotify, they told me to send screenshot of the email from google, I also sent proof of canada post package being stuck.

There wasn't a lot of back and forth, I got 3 emails from them. Spotify asked for proof, then said they're investigating, then provided me with a new link today. It was 6 days in total. Is it possible that your code was sold on one of those ebay listings :O
Nov 7, 2017
245 posts
528 upvotes
TheRockNL wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 4:46 pm
That's actually kind of interesting for those of us who had our orders cancelled, and Spotify basically said "too bad" and we're not issuing you another code. Makes me think there's something more to why Google cancelled it, other than a glitch that I was told by google.
That's really unfortunate to hear. There's no way they're out of codes because I just got one today. I hope you're able to get it eventually :/
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
0Sense wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:39 pm
That's really unfortunate to hear. There's no way they're out of codes because I just got one today. I hope you're able to get it eventually :/
Would you be able to share the details of the email that you received (after you redeem your GHM)? I would love to copy and paste it as a response back to the Support team and ask why did they tell me "one code per account"
Nov 7, 2017
245 posts
528 upvotes
liltennyo wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:58 pm
Would you be able to share the details of the email that you received (after you redeem your GHM)? I would love to copy and paste it as a response back to the Support team and ask why did they tell me "one code per account"
As much as I want to help out another RFDer, I don't want to get the rep that helped me out in trouble especially if I was a special case that can be traced back. I'm sorry :(
May 23, 2013
34 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
I registered on the 16th. The Gmail email says estimated delivery around may 14-15. No shipping notification yet. Should I contact Google or just wait it out?

Thanks
Jan 27, 2014
105 posts
76 upvotes
Burnaby
0Sense wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 8:52 pm
As much as I want to help out another RFDer, I don't want to get the rep that helped me out in trouble especially if I was a special case that can be traced back. I'm sorry :(
No problem! I understand - I thought i just ask.

Cheers to your GHM
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1337 posts
837 upvotes
Land
hush12 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 9:44 pm
I registered on the 16th. The Gmail email says estimated delivery around may 14-15. No shipping notification yet. Should I contact Google or just wait it out?

Thanks
I'm in the same boat, and a RFD's members @BobSagget answered my question:
"BobSagget wrote:
When it ships you will be notified, along with an included tracking number. Just like any other order you'd make online.
If your estimated delivery is in May, there's no sense worrying about receiving a shipping email any time soon. You'll get notified when it ships and from my experience, it was a day or so before the estimated delivery date."
. . . .

No Karma for instigators...

. . . .
Jan 26, 2017
77 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Got 1 to give as birthday gift (have 2 GHMs myself) but it wont arrive in time. I am going to buy one from Costco and give that one as gift, then return this one to Costco. Anyone tried that? It should be doable as long as Barcodes are the same. Can anyone please post their barcode?