Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Oct 1, 2017
82 posts
30 upvotes
I paid $9.99 on Apr 16, and haven't received my code to order, is it normal? Should I contact somebody for it?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2179 posts
430 upvotes
Gta
5168898 wrote: I paid $9.99 on Apr 16, and haven't received my code to order, is it normal? Should I contact somebody for it?
Yes,email Spotify and let them know you signed for the promo and while you activated the premium account you have not received an information on how to get the mini. They should send you instructions with the link .they will ask for your Spotify email name .
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1202 posts
3348 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
madelineacting wrote: i really wanted chalk. so mad I got a charcoal. where you located. want to trade?
First world problems
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1391 posts
307 upvotes
GTA
Also ordered April 9, and no change to order status which still says May 1 to 2 delivery.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10396 posts
1242 upvotes
Brampton
madelineacting wrote: i really wanted chalk. so mad I got a charcoal. where you located. want to trade?
I want charcoal but only had chalk as an option. But my shipping date is late may.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Aug 5, 2008
518 posts
314 upvotes
aliikram wrote: Also ordered April 9, and no change to order status which still says May 1 to 2 delivery.
I ordered on the 9th at 10:30pm and just received it last night. So they are still rolling them out.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1398 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
We have 3 google home minis and 3 home members each with their own Spotify free account. Each member uses voice recognition to play their own Spotify accounts from any google home mini.

After upgrading my account to premium through this offer, every member now has access to my premium account and it no longer uses voice recognition to determine individual Spotify accounts.

While this may seem good it has 2 side effects. First my recommendations are now skewed because I’m getting all these suggestions based on my kids selections. Second if one person is steaming Spotify on one google home mini and another member starts Spotify on a second it will stop it on the first. Before each member could listen to their own playlist on their own mini simultaneously.

Any idea how to fix this?
Jun 9, 2004
324 posts
112 upvotes
Saint John
kasm wrote: We have 3 google home minis and 3 home members each with their own Spotify free account. Each member uses voice recognition to play their own Spotify accounts from any google home mini.

After upgrading my account to premium through this offer, every member now has access to my premium account and it no longer uses voice recognition to determine individual Spotify accounts.

While this may seem good it has 2 side effects. First my recommendations are now skewed because I’m getting all these suggestions based on my kids selections. Second if one person is steaming Spotify on one google home mini and another member starts Spotify on a second it will stop it on the first. Before each member could listen to their own playlist on their own mini simultaneously.

Any idea how to fix this?
Upgrade to a spotify family account, then 'invite' each member of your family to your google home, and link those accounts with each of their spotify accounts under your family plan. You can add their spotify accounts to your spotify account once you upgrade to the family plan. Spotify premium is really aimed at only one person using it. I hope that made sense.
Oct 1, 2017
82 posts
30 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: Yes,email Spotify and let them know you signed for the promo and while you activated the premium account you have not received an information on how to get the mini. They should send you instructions with the link .they will ask for your Spotify email name .
Thanks for reply, got below message after e-mailing them:
We understand that you've made a Premium payment on April 16, 2019. However, we've checked on your Premium account and haven't seen any attempt of registering to Google Home Mini bundle
Anything I need to do?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17737 posts
24803 upvotes
ONTARIO
5168898 wrote: Thanks for reply, got below message after e-mailing them:
We understand that you've made a Premium payment on April 16, 2019. However, we've checked on your Premium account and haven't seen any attempt of registering to Google Home Mini bundle
Anything I need to do?
You should have went https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ and made sure you were registered for the offer. If you can no longer register, than you're probably out of luck.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2179 posts
430 upvotes
Gta
Anything I need to do?
Email them again and tell them you signed up for the premium account and paid for it on the 16th while the promo was still running, And then tell them you have not heard any information from them about how to claim your google home mini. After my second order got cancelled ,on the very last day of the offer, I did another account figuring it was still cheaper than buying a GHM outright. I waited days to get an email telling me I could reserve it. After getting tired of waiting , I emailed them and the first 2 replies I got , honestly,based on the replies, it felt like no one actually read what I was asking . Email them again and be very clear that you have not recieved any information about how to claim it.
Good luck!
Koodo member
Aug 14, 2010
56 posts
46 upvotes
Patel151 wrote: People can be so greedy to make profit lol
I’ve been checking kijiji and FB marketplace for cheap ($30-ish) GHM but most people are selling for $45-$70. I don’t think many of these sellers realize these are retailing $49.99 everywhere - RCSS has them in their flyer last week and BBB has an ad when I scroll through Kijiji even.
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
Anything I need to do?
Did you actually sign up for the promo using the offer link? or you just upgraded an existing free account to premium without going through the offer link?
Dec 27, 2007
19820 posts
10918 upvotes
Kitchener
lavender_lux wrote: I’ve been checking kijiji and FB marketplace for cheap ($30-ish) GHM but most people are selling for $45-$70. I don’t think many of these sellers realize these are retailing $49.99 everywhere - RCSS has them in their flyer last week and BBB has an ad when I scroll through Kijiji even.
The retail price is $80+taxes that's why some find it reasonable to ask around the $50. The $50 is the every now and then sale price, but given you can almost get them free as a part of a bundle every other month supply is way greater than demand for someone to buy at 60%~75% retail from Kijiji

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)