Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2026 posts
39 upvotes
ordered 10am this morning, just got email saying that the unit has been dispatched!
Mar 31, 2010
253 posts
120 upvotes
jurassicworld wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:21 am
is there a length of time for how long we need to keep our subscription for?
can you sign up for one month and then cancel?
Once home mini ships, you can cancel I think
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6044 posts
232 upvotes
Scarborough
I got an email earlier, my google home mini has shipped :)
Apr 8, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
I canceled immediately after ordering Google Home. The only connection between Spotify and Google is a promo code. Once that promo code is generated and used, Google won't check if we still have the subscription or not.
Feb 17, 2015
676 posts
219 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Signed up for it had existing free account got screen saying it's backordered then 20 minutes later link to click which ordered it from Google and waived the $79 on it's own using the guest checkout sweet deal OP
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9930 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
az27 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:51 pm
Once home mini ships, you can cancel I think
Once the order is placed I think you're fine. I am going to wait until it ships as well, I have placed the order about an hour ago though. The only one available was Chalk (white/gray). Really wish they had the charcoal but I didn't want to wait.

Looks like google loves clearing these things out regularly... that or they want to have one in EVERY home (Which is probably more true). Christmas last year I bought one for my friend and one for my cousin. $40/ea if you purchased 2 I think the deal was. Seems like a regular promo that comes and goes.

As for anyone worried about being charged full $ value for the GHM, there is nothing in the basic writing / fine print that states otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2789 posts
673 upvotes
sonajatt wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:02 pm
For mine within 2 minutes
Weird. I only got 2 emails from spotify, one for confirm my account, and another one for receipt. I didn't click the box to agree to share my info during signing up. Am i out of luck?
Nov 29, 2013
176 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
braveblade wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:01 pm
Weird. I only got 2 emails from spotify, one for confirm my account, and another one for receipt. I didn't click the box to agree to share my info during signing up. Am i out of luck?
Make sure after you made your account, you go back to the Spotify website and click the reserve my google mini in order for it to send you an email. If you don't do this then no code will be sent to you!
Dec 8, 2010
31 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!

If somebody in Toronto is having second thoughts about their color choice and wants to trade their Charcoal for Chalk, please pm me. I have an extra Chalk.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2789 posts
673 upvotes
DenNinja wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:04 pm
Make sure after you made your account, you go back to the Spotify website and click the reserve my google mini in order for it to send you an email. If you don't do this then no code will be sent to you!
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Finally got the code after click reserve.
Jun 14, 2011
40 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
For the ones who got there ordered cancelled when using guest check out. How long did it take to get the cancellation email?
Nov 29, 2013
176 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
braveblade wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:06 pm
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Finally got the code after click reserve.
You're welcome and enjoy your Google mini!
Apr 30, 2016
399 posts
235 upvotes
GTA
Just signed up and was able to reserve a google mini. ETA for delivery is two weeks in Toronto. Have a feeling will be getting it sooner.

Thanks OP!
Aug 19, 2007
72 posts
28 upvotes
I got an email form google saying your order has been cancelled. Google is telling me to contact spotify to get it resolved. I did not use the guest account.

The only think I can think of is that I use my gmail address as my login for existing spotify family premium subscription and I used that google account to claim the mini!

For the spotify premium sign up I used my yahoo account, so that is different.

Did spotify cross check the google account used to get the GHM against their existing premium subscribers? Any help here would be appreciated...