Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Dec 27, 2007
18801 posts
9935 upvotes
Kitchener
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 1:50 am
at the top it says "it looks like you're not eligible for that offer" about the mini. It's because I'm on the trial still for another day right? Does that mean i have to wait to April 12 to reserve the mini?
Yes and Yes.
If you are an existing subscriber to a free or discounted trial for any Paid Subscription, you are not eligible for this Supplement Offer. You may register your interest in receiving a Promotional Code (subject to availability) at the end of your trial period if you become a paying subscriber to Spotify Premium.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1326 posts
74 upvotes
Subscribed, was on the fence anyways - thanks op, good deal. Waiting for a charcoal as they are unavailable.
Sep 4, 2017
112 posts
207 upvotes
fatcowxlive wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 12:35 am
I always see this type of post... man, do you own a smartphone? Because that is also a device that always listens to you. Also unlike the Google Home Mini it's not plugged into a wall but taken everywhere with you. Also has other sensors that can abuse your privacy like cameras and a GPS. And now that there's a speaker put in your home that's when you draw the line?

Also getting a free Home Mini which is usually $80 is not downvote worthy because of privacy concerns. If you're not going to use it you have a free gift valued at $80 to give away... no downsides.
You have a good point about the smartphones, but it is still very suspicious that Google has been selling this product for absurdly low prices for a while now (they go for amazing discounts every now and then), and now they are damn near free with this offer. Over 110,000 people viewed this thread alone so I can imagine how much people got this just from RFD alone... I HIGHLY doubt Google is benefitting from this purely from only spending $10 on Spotify. With the features and technology used to create this you're looking at around $10-15 to make this product. Google Mini technically could have more privacy concerns than smartphones too depending on how you set it up (if you set it up to control all your smart-devices, house appliances etc....)
Last edited by JohnF100 on Apr 10th, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7267 posts
2358 upvotes
Toronto
dealhntr wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:56 pm
No GHM in charcoal. Is it worth to wait or just order in chalk?
I said just order it ....I think the chance charcoal being restocked is low
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7267 posts
2358 upvotes
Toronto
YasirAli wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 11:00 pm
Am I the only one who went with chalk color :/ ? I ordered at around 11 am and both colors were available at that time. order has shipped. O well I have 3 echo dot in charcoal so chalk is.good for Google mini
I chose chalk rite away this morning so u weren't the only one that got chalk too right off the bat Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Apr 9, 2019
0 posts
1 upvote
Might be a stupid question, but Spotify has a 14 day refund policy, so would there be an issue if you ordered your google home mini, received it in 5-6 days, and then refunded your premium membership?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1707 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto
My friend just had one ship straight from Sweden lol wtf
May 14, 2018
150 posts
27 upvotes
I just got chalk as I have one charcoal already and another Google home at our home. I didn't want to wait... I just grabbed one what I available.
Aug 18, 2013
502 posts
441 upvotes
AB
can't find most of my music on spotify, but 10$ for a mini, why not. Pretty quick and easy
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4456 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
If you sign up now and try to go premium, it will try to give you a 1 month trial. But if you're on the trial you won't be able to get the mini (at least not until a month later)..

So instead, go thru the link in the very first post, and it will let you pay for the first month immediately (no trial) and you can get your mini.

First time i had to actively reject a free trial.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2022 posts
446 upvotes
plllll0 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:32 am
can't find most of my music on spotify, but 10$ for a mini, why not. Pretty quick and easy
Just curious what kind of music you listen to?
Mar 31, 2017
696 posts
298 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm this is super tempting but I already have a GHM and in an average 1 BR unit, 1 GHM is already one too many

If they had the GHM in Aqua color though, I would buy this blindly
Aug 18, 2013
502 posts
441 upvotes
AB
Thrasher wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:42 am
Just curious what kind of music you listen to?
Obsure soundtracks/japanese music mainly.
May 14, 2012
241 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal! Just got a code.

I actually like chalk but I already got one. So I think I'll wait a bit to see if charcoal become available.