Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Sep 11, 2009
71 posts
26 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
can2000 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:02 am
What is the reason for Google to cancel?
Using same payment method (in my case using same CC cos I was buying for my brother with my CC) when checking out at Google Store.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2008 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:38 am
wait, so its not confirme we will get these minis right? google will send out cancelations? i don't wanna waste time, i don't use spotify either, i use amazon music with alexa
They cancelled my order. Google said Spofity is cancelling the promo but this phone call happens like 24 hours ago and Spotify is still advertising it.

Google Checkout just is a crappy shopping cart software. I told Google to retry my order and they said their system will try again... Nothing has happened.

I'm waiting on Spotify support.. but I expect the canned answer others got in this thread.

For those with Twitter, we need to get on their social media and point this out. Not one company wants to stand behind it's promotion.
Aug 16, 2015
656 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ShehrajS66424 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:14 am
Might be a stupid question, but Spotify has a 14 day refund policy, so would there be an issue if you ordered your google home mini, received it in 5-6 days, and then refunded your premium membership?
No issue if you are a douche bag.
Jul 4, 2013
242 posts
64 upvotes
I don't need one. Already have 3!!!! Minis in my house. That's 1 too many. Don't need this but bought it anyways. Apparently the order went through. It's chalk. Expected may 10th. So looks like a big back order
Jan 9, 2010
99 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: wait, so its not confirme we will get these minis right? google will send out cancelations? i don't wanna waste time, i don't use spotify either, i use amazon music with alexa
You've posted 4 times in the last page. Why don't you scroll up and not waste other people's time.
Oct 26, 2012
623 posts
835 upvotes
JohnF100 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:04 am
You have a good point about the smartphones, but it is still very suspicious that Google has been selling this product for absurdly low prices for a while now (they go for amazing discounts every now and then), and now they are damn near free with this offer. Over 110,000 people viewed this thread alone so I can imagine how much people got this just from RFD alone... I HIGHLY doubt Google is benefitting from this purely from only spending $10 on Spotify. With the features and technology used to create this you're looking at around $10-15 to make this product. Google Mini technically could have more privacy concerns than smartphones too depending on how you set it up (if you set it up to control all your smart-devices, house appliances etc....)
They're damn near free because it's cheap to produce so they can take a cut the price a lot. It's harder to do that with a phone. But even the Pixel 2 went on a heavy sale earlier this year by going $0 on a $5 or $10 tab (I forget) with Koodo. They definitely want more Google devices for you to use period.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7426 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
pny128 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:30 am
Assuming that the initial stock was the same, the charcoal running out so fast means that it is generally more desirable.
Thank you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

I honestly don't think charcoal will come back in stock. People, just order chalk if you still can.
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 10th, 2019 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7426 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
Ferny111 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:23 am
Delivery date May 10-21...you may be looking at $20 now just FYI. Not sure if Spotify will inform Google to cancel orders on prematurely canceled accounts.

Also only Chalk was in stock...sad because I wanted the charcoal one which is typically unpopular.
Why $20 now?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Nov 22, 2015
542 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:54 am
Why $20 now?
If you cancel after you receive and the ETA is in 1.5 months then you do the math. 1+1=2
Apr 30, 2009
511 posts
273 upvotes
GTA
People who ordered yesterday morning and are in GTA should expect delivery today.
May 24, 2013
666 posts
113 upvotes
Ordered last night after debating all day. No cancellation or shipment email yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3892 posts
1057 upvotes
GTA
People who are suspicious about why Google is giving these away like hot cakes

It's considered a loss leader. It's the same reason Costco sells hot dogs for $1.50 or their rotisserie chicken that they make a small margin on. It brings you into the store so you can spend more on other things.

The Mini gets you into the ecosystem to give them more data. You're less likely to switch to competing products when you're invested in another.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6064 posts
2108 upvotes
Moncton, NB
mikka2017 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 8:38 am
wait, so its not confirme we will get these minis right? google will send out cancelations? i don't wanna waste time, i don't use spotify either, i use amazon music with alexa
If you follow the terms and condition of 1 per customer/address, not using a guest checkout etc.. you should be fine...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3648 posts
784 upvotes
Thanks OP, got mine. Ship date is almost a month from now, I'm ok with that, I use these as intercoms around the house and bluetooth speakers.
Mar 25, 2013
358 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I received mine today. That was a super quick deal!
DroidKid