Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Ninja15 wrote: Signed up nearly a year ago with every intention of cancelling when the 3 month promo ended. Turns out I enjoy the convenience of streaming and Spotify has every single music release I've requested.
Similar situation myself.... A few years I signed up for 3 month for ¢99 and ended up buying a pair of Audio Technica m50x's and got hooked, had them around my neck all year round while I was in school and since then have built up quite a large library.... I had a notification many times saying I reached the limit of songs to save offline, thankfully they've upped that limit recently.

I've tried apple music in the past & what a complete disaster the UI is compared to Spotify nevermind all the bright white space but things just are un-simplified for no reason.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
SilviaT53916 wrote: You guys know if you can cancel straight away? I got my email this morning saying it would be delivered May 15-16, so would there be any penalties if I just walk away now that I’m supposed to get it? lol This sounds too good to be true.
To quote myself from earlier
Why are y'all canceling right away, maybe you end up enjoying the service and decide that you'd prefer it over something else or it's your first music subscription then you have more steps to do to reactivate it?

If y'all think you would forget to cancel if you don't like it you can always ask Google using your new GHM to remind you in a few days to cancel.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1575 posts
4117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Question for the ones who used Guest Checkout yesterday and didn't get their orders cancelled, any update on dispatch of GHM?
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
SilviaT53916 wrote: I had Spotify premium for free with the app I just mentioned before, so yes, I would like to save that money if I can. I used to pay for the premium and it’s a good service for a good price, I just found something better at the moment. But thanks.
And how legal this thing you're using?
May 22, 2018
255 posts
455 upvotes
Ontario
I just saw on Twitter that someone who had their GHM "delayed" today just had it shipped out. For all those who were going through this issue, I think your GHM should be here soon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
sparklingjaney wrote: I just saw on Twitter that someone who had their GHM "delayed" today just had it shipped out. For all those who were going through this issue, I think your GHM should be here soon.
Ordered mine yesterday around 2pm and it still hasn't shipped.... Not too worried.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
My wife and I are both spotify subscribers and both claimed our Google home minis yesterday. I did mine first, then hers. Hers was immediately cancelled so I reached out to Google. They got back to me just now saying try again (which doesn't work) or contact Spotify. Judging by previous posters response from Spotify, I'm guessing this is just going to turn into a run around. Hopefully I'm wrong, fingers crossed
Nov 30, 2010
130 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
bpcrally wrote: My wife and I are both spotify subscribers and both claimed our Google home minis yesterday. I did mine first, then hers. Hers was immediately cancelled so I reached out to Google. They got back to me just now saying try again (which doesn't work) or contact Spotify. Judging by previous posters response from Spotify, I'm guessing this is just going to turn into a run around. Hopefully I'm wrong, fingers crossed
Oh no, that's really annoying. Best of luck!
Mar 17, 2019
46 posts
20 upvotes
I heard form a friend that Spotify spoke at a big market research conference. They opened by saying something like they have 300 million+ subscribers worldwide?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
bpcrally wrote: I did mine first, then hers. Hers was immediately cancelled
Do you know why it was canceled? guest checkout? same CC?
Nov 30, 2010
130 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
squarepantsyo wrote: I heard form a friend that Spotify spoke at a big market research conference. They opened by saying something like they have 300 million+ subscribers worldwide?
I don't think quite that many. Just under 100 million paid subscribers or in free trial. Another 100 million on the free tier. Apple Music apparently has 50 million subscribers.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/04 ... bscribers/
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Well crap, mine was "delivered" but is nowhere to be seen in my community mailbox. :facepalm:
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Do you know why it was canceled? guest checkout? same CC?
It was either same cc or address. On my account I used the same credit card, but through PayPal. On her account I used the credit card directly. So I don't think payment method was the problem.

Regardless, it says one per account, not household. So I'm sure they'll sort it out. We're legit subscribers.
Mar 17, 2019
46 posts
20 upvotes
Totally, and I think they may have an algorithm where the system learns what you like and recommends more stuff you might like.
Mar 17, 2019
46 posts
20 upvotes
They other cost if you like spotify is... suddenly I'm craving a premium set of headphones. But even using a cheap pair of $6 headphones from Dollorama, it sounds really good.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
2108 posts
433 upvotes
Got an email @ 8:05 pm saying my order has been dispatched.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Well crap, mine was "delivered" but is nowhere to be seen in my community mailbox. :facepalm:
Sometimes they scan delivered before it's actually delivered.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5702 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
squarepantsyo wrote: They other cost if you like spotify is... suddenly I'm craving a premium set of headphones. But even using a cheap pair of $6 headphones from Dollorama, it sounds really good.
You know.. I'm no audiophile and I generally think spending $200 on headphones is kinda ridiculous but $6 Dollarama headphones would even drive me nuts
Aug 1, 2018
156 posts
164 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Ordered yesterday morning and received when I got home today. Hopefully the other 8 I ordered all show up as well!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)