Expired Hot Deals

[Spotify] Free Google Home Mini for Spotify Premium subscribers (till April 17th)

Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1065 posts
816 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
TURNIPtheBEET wrote:
Personally I dont buy any devices that are voice activated. The issue isnt that they are listening to me, it's that they have the opportunity to if they wanted to. They've already proven that some of these devices have been bugged and are in an always listening state. It's not that I'm worried about someone listening to what i have to say, it's the fact that that the devices can listen in general. If you're ok with that then by all means go right ahead but I will never support a product that has the ability to farm data from inside my house. Period.

For some people privacy still means something. The arguement that everything has the potential to listen is absolutely ridiculous. These devices are specifically made to listen so they can respond to whatever question you ask them. My laptop isnt sitting powered on waiting for me to ask it something.

This is the problem with stuff like this, people chalk it up as well everything is listening to me so why not just buy this? Its ludicrous.
I completely agree. When it comes to hot deals at RFD, it's often a matter of buy first and think later.
Gtaphotog wrote:
You're still here talking about something you can do without, why?

Is your day that slow?
Thanks for reminding us again that we all have to think alike and dissenting opinions should be frowned upon. I didn't catch that the first time. /s

I do have spare time today but I won't spend any more of it going around in circles here with you.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6744 posts
5834 upvotes
Toronto
GabbyWC wrote: Despite its popularity, I'll pass on this offer. Sure, you'll save a decent amount of money by signing up for it but what you'll give up in privacy just isn't worth it, in my opinion.
Too late, by having a RFD account and posting on this thread, "they" already know your most dark secrets... and your bank accounts
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jul 20, 2018
395 posts
299 upvotes
wonton1017 wrote: why do people care if google knows i'm having fried chicken for dinner tonight?
Because to some people privacy still means something. So just because I dont have anything to say i shouldnt care about freedom of speech?
Jan 13, 2009
210 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
What's really sad is that I've placed my orders and I'm still following and reading this thread. What other RFD deals am I neglecting ;)
Dec 27, 2007
20672 posts
11934 upvotes
Kitchener
wonton1017 wrote: why do people care if google knows i'm having fried chicken for dinner tonight?
mmm .. your health insurance company would care for obvious reasons ;)
Also, Popeyes would care if you got the chicken from KFC :)
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2119 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
dreamsite wrote: Got this reply from spotify...when google cancelled and told that they cant help... they are just kicking me out to one court to another!!!

Hello,

This is a follow up email regarding the Google Home Mini offer.

Google should have emailed you regarding the cancellation of your order. We don’t have any more information our end, and we’re unable to provide you with a new code.

If you have any questions we recommend contacting Google Store directly.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Take care,

Camille

Spotify Customer Support
I haven't received a response yet surprisingly. My email to them said "I have already called Google since it is a Google issue that I cannot go through the checkout again, but since you're the one running the promotion, I expect you to know that limitation and provide another promo code for me to use." I gave them my Google order number for them to verify with Google as well as I expect a promotion this big would have some dedicated people involved on both sides. I also told them Google also told me you guys have pulled the promotion yet you are still advertising. I also asked them to refund me if you are pulling the promotion as its false advertising.

So we'll wait and see.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12168 posts
3291 upvotes
Scarberia
just checked on of my accounts....last google order was for nexus 5 lol Order placed:
31-Oct-2013
Total:$467.86

good old days...i thought that was kinda xpensive considering the nexus 4 was much cheaper i think
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9095 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
Will Google send the email about the item is shipped? Still waiting for shipment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Jun 18, 2015
505 posts
764 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikka2017 wrote: just checked on of my accounts....last google order was for nexus 5 lol Order placed:
31-Oct-2013
Total:$467.86

good old days...i thought that was kinda xpensive considering the nexus 4 was much cheaper i think
very informative!
thanks for posting!

seriousy tho, wtf does this have to do with ANYTHING?
nobody cares...get a life bud.
Jul 10, 2003
659 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
eaglefei wrote: Hi, thanks for sharing the info.

I went to the site and click on "check availability", the message I got is "We're sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again later."
Does that mean I am not qualified for this promo or my request is pending to be processed?!

Does anyone know what message means? Thanks ahead!
The error means that your Spotify account is not region selected to Canada, your Google account is not region selected to Canada or you're on a VPN showing outside Canada. Once you get everything set up for Canada, it should work.

I got the error on my home network but it worked after I switched to my mobile network and changed my Spotify region to Canada.
Mar 2, 2017
211 posts
20 upvotes
anyone got the google home mini shipped out, and tried to get refund from Spotify for premium and succeeded?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5912 posts
5129 upvotes
GabbyWC wrote: I completely agree. When it comes to hot deals at RFD, it's often a matter of buy first and think later.
Thanks for reminding us again that we all have to think alike and dissenting opinions should be frowned upon. I didn't catch that the first time. /s

I do have spare time today but I won't spend any more of it going around in circles here with you.
Ha I could've bet I'd get that reply.

I didn't say you aren't entitled to your opinion. Just don't waste people's time here by clogging up the thread with your opinions on you not wanting a GHM because of privacy concerns when you typing that message itself has privacy concerns of its own regard.

You are free to do whatever you but don't get pissy when people tell you to fly a kite when you're wasting there time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)