Shopping Discussion

Spotify now requiring users to share location data to prevent abuse of family plan

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 6:49 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1162 posts
685 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Akitakara wrote: I'm curious, what makes you guys prefer paying for Spotify, rather than free version + the occassional ad? - especially since a few people have said they'd rather switch to Apple Music than return to the free version of Spotify
I am not an Apple person...I have zero apple products...so Apple Music is not for me. Hence, Spotify it is. I used to do the pirate move and download my music (like Blackbirdman talks about), but with Spotify and their AI, I have started listening to a lot more music from groups and artists that I never knew about. The Spotify suggestions are pretty good...I may not like everything they suggest, but it's nice to be able to hear something new that I would otherwise never know about.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4640 posts
5840 upvotes
GTA
Deezer also has a family plan , 6 users $15/month
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
23056 posts
11093 upvotes
Toronto
Does Apple music only work on Apple devices?

Do they have new music or places where I can just listen to decades or genres of music?
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
23056 posts
11093 upvotes
Toronto
toram23901 wrote: I am not an Apple person...I have zero apple products...so Apple Music is not for me. Hence, Spotify it is. I used to do the pirate move and download my music (like Blackbirdman talks about), but with Spotify and their AI, I have started listening to a lot more music from groups and artists that I never knew about. The Spotify suggestions are pretty good...I may not like everything they suggest, but it's nice to be able to hear something new that I would otherwise never know about.
Agreed. It's even catching on to nuisances that it shouldn't be (and I love it).
blackston3 wrote: This is why I still have not been able to switch to streaming services. Since 2002, accumulated, organized, and stored a large amount of mp3, m4a, and flac files - specific to my tastes (cutting out the skips, filler tracks, bad tracks), even adding till now. Subscription based? nope. Internet connection? no need. Moving phones? copy n paste music folder. Never had a problem with storage space

All my music files are perfectly organized/categorized and formulate a bunch of playlists - workout, relaxing, energetic - for my moods.

I can't leave all these files, organized and tuned so perfectly and then migrate to GPM/Spotify/Apple - building up an exact profile will require me working for days to fine tune them. Do these websites even have an import files/playlist? Where it scans your music folder to create an identical streaming copy from their service?
It would take time, but I don't think it would take as much time as you think. As long as you have your own playlist up, you can search each song, add it to the playlist and move on. That's a few seconds per song.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
10572 posts
5469 upvotes
Toronto
Countdown to Oct 2nd...
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Mar 30, 2019
14 posts
16 upvotes
Anyone have any issues with location verification when signing up new family members?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)