Aug 5, 2006
8097 posts
5087 upvotes
Global Village

Spotify Free is now available on Alexa devices

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Spotify
Spotify Free music service is now available on Alexa devices. There's ads and you can't ask to play specific songs, only playlists but for anyone unwilling to pay for Alexa music this might be worth a look.

https://spotify-everywhere.com/pages/amazonalexa

Spotify Free works with Alexa in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK and US only.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
9 replies
Sep 22, 2010
732 posts
1043 upvotes
Victoria
I'm not sure this is new? Spotify has always been free as long as you listen to the ads.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1662 posts
1157 upvotes
Vancouver
Gee wrote: No love for google home?
Spotify Free is available for Google Home as well. You just can't ask for it to play specific songs or playlists but it'll play random playlists related to what you ask it to play (ex: play some Bruno Mars songs)
Oct 3, 2015
869 posts
1846 upvotes
Toronto
calvados.boualrd wrote: I'm not sure this is new? Spotify has always been free as long as you listen to the ads.
You couldn't get it on Alexa until now.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1267 posts
816 upvotes
Thanks for the tip but I just tried it and it doesn’t work. I can enable the Alexa Skill and link my Spotify account but Alex won’t play anything when I tell it to play something. Seems like an issue with the Alexa Skill.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8097 posts
5087 upvotes
Global Village
bobohobo2kx wrote: Thanks for the tip but I just tried it and it doesn’t work. I can enable the Alexa Skill and link my Spotify account but Alex won’t play anything when I tell it to play something. Seems like an issue with the Alexa Skill.
It worked for me, instead of using Alexa skills try going to Alexa Settings - Music and linking your Spotify account there.

Also if you don't make Spotify your default music service then you have to specify Spotify in your commands, for ex "Alexa play relaxing piano On Spotify"

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7187 posts
7684 upvotes
Vancouver
TheMadMax wrote: You couldn't get it on Alexa until now.
Apparently this actually happened around November last year, and it has just recently come to people's attention with some new articles mentioning it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8097 posts
5087 upvotes
Global Village
Scote64 wrote: Apparently this actually happened around November last year, and it has just recently come to people's attention with some new articles mentioning it.
It has worked since November in Canada? I only found out now because Spotify sent me an email about it 2 days ago.