Hot Deals

[Spotify] Spotify Premium $0.99 for 3 months (New Account)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 7:42 am
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1194 posts
784 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
SamG852 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:00 pm
Anyone have a clue why it would only be offering 9.99 for 3 months if I've never had a premium account or even a trial therein?
Did you do the Google Home thing?
Mar 23, 2017
185 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Nope. I have it paired with my Google home as a free account, but didn't do that promo
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2747 posts
902 upvotes
Scarborough
MobyZz wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:07 pm
Nothing, theoretically speaking but don't they disallow the same credit card to be used on two separate accounts?
Nowadays all debit cards are visa-debit. Walk into your bank and tell them you lost/misplaced your card. They will cancel your card and issue you a new one at the spot, they will ask you if you want to keep the same card number and say NO. 3 minutes later you have yourself a new Credit Card number. Your welcome.
Jul 12, 2011
383 posts
133 upvotes
MARKHAM
OrangeBerry wrote:
May 15th, 2019 6:28 pm
Nowadays all debit cards are visa-debit. Walk into your bank and tell them you lost/misplaced your card. They will cancel your card and issue you a new one at the spot, they will ask you if you want to keep the same card number and say NO. 3 minutes later you have yourself a new Credit Card number. Your welcome.
Yeah... I'd rather not go through all that trouble to save what, $5? Never mind having to make a new account etc etc etc

I'll just keep trying to find a Spotify group on rfd.
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
May 15th, 2019 6:28 pm
That’s not true at all. My guess is that your talking about TD or something, because I know they will issue replacements on the spot but someone else might as well.

The major banks have visa debit or debit MasterCard and those work basically the same way as a credit card online, just that funds are withdrawn from your account immediately. The banks that offer Visa Debit are TD, CIBC, Scotiabank, and RBC (RBC issues separate card for online). The banks that offer debit MasterCard are BMO. That’s probably most of the issuers of debit cards that work on the credit card network.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2747 posts
902 upvotes
Scarborough
MobyZz wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:19 pm

Yeah... I'd rather not go through all that trouble to save what, $5? Never mind having to make a new account etc etc etc

I'll just keep trying to find a Spotify group on rfd.
What trouble? Next time you visit the bank you ask for a new card. With the new card you'll be saving 3 months worth of charges so $30, not $5 like you mentioned. Lastly, making an account takes less time than you walking to your car, are you serious right now? You probably took longer replying to me than creating an account lol.
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:50 pm
That’s not true at all. My guess is that your talking about TD or something, because I know they will issue replacements on the spot but someone else might as well.

The major banks have visa debit or debit MasterCard and those work basically the same way as a credit card online, just that funds are withdrawn from your account immediately. The banks that offer Visa Debit are TD, CIBC, Scotiabank, and RBC (RBC issues separate card for online). The banks that offer debit MasterCard are BMO. That’s probably most of the issuers of debit cards that work on the credit card network.
So which part was not true because you completely agreed with me on everything you said. Maybe proof-read what you write before hitting that post button.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 16th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed inappropriate comment
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6345 posts
1333 upvotes
Does the gmail dot trick work¿? In need spot on my mini. Tia
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:40 pm
What trouble? Next time you visit the bank you ask for a new card. With the new card you'll be saving 3 months worth of charges so $30, not $5 like you mentioned. Lastly, making an account takes less time than you walking to your car, are you serious right now? You probably took longer replying to me than creating an account lol.

So which part was not true because you completely agreed with me on everything you said. Maybe proof-read what you write before hitting that post button.
I was trying to clarify your post and provide more information. You said any bank. Does all banks issue cards that work on a credit network? No.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 16th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoted post was edited
Jul 12, 2011
383 posts
133 upvotes
MARKHAM
OrangeBerry wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:40 pm
What trouble? Next time you visit the bank you ask for a new card. With the new card you'll be saving 3 months worth of charges so $30, not $5 like you mentioned. Lastly, making an account takes less time than you walking to your car, are you serious right now? You probably took longer replying to me than creating an account lol. Do you wipe your ass with a duvet too?

$30? You have no idea how Family Spotify works do you? Like I said, nobody worth a damn would lie to get a new bank card to save $5 or even $30 as a matter of fact.

How stupid must you be to pay $10 a month for Spotify?

Perhaps you should do something better with your time than blatantly lying to the banks to save $5.
Last edited by MobyZz on May 15th, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1289 posts
817 upvotes
Land
Thanks OP
99 cents for 3 months, great.
Aug 22, 2012
41 posts
17 upvotes
Just an FYI for those creating new accounts - You can add +xxxxx before the @ symbol in your regular email to forego creating new email addresses. I still did have to use a different credit card than last time though.

Example: Enforcer@hotmail.com becomes Enforcer+spotify@hotmail.com. You will be able to sign up for most things as a 'new' account using this method and will still receive the emails from the company, so no more remembering passwords etc.

Also a good trick while signing up to sketchy sites which you should use a spam address for anyway. +spammysite@hotmail.com - Then if they happen to sell your email address you know exactly who sold you out because you will see the +spammysite when receiving spam emails
Aug 11, 2018
109 posts
117 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:40 am
Just an FYI for those creating new accounts - You can add +xxxxx before the @ symbol in your regular email to forego creating new email addresses. I still did have to use a different credit card than last time though.

Example: Enforcer@hotmail.com becomes Enforcer+spotify@hotmail.com. You will be able to sign up for most things as a 'new' account using this method and will still receive the emails from the company, so no more remembering passwords etc.

Also a good trick while signing up to sketchy sites which you should use a spam address for anyway. +spammysite@hotmail.com - Then if they happen to sell your email address you know exactly who sold you out because you will see the +spammysite when receiving spam emails
Thanks for the tip. That’s interesting for sure.

I personally have a secondary “spam” email that I give to sketch sites.
Jul 29, 2016
110 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Got my premium for 0.99 with a new email + same Paypal, and not sure if it matters, but I used "InPrivate" mode when browsing to Spotify so the 0.99 deal pops up.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2747 posts
902 upvotes
Scarborough
MobyZz wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:13 pm
$30? You have no idea how Family Spotify works do you? Like I said, nobody worth a damn would lie to get a new bank card to save $5 or even $30 as a matter of fact.

How stupid must you be to pay $10 a month for Spotify?

Perhaps you should do something better with your time than blatantly lying to the banks to save $5.
I'm actually smart enough to pay $0/month for a spotify account and still be able to back up my playlist and transfer them. And I will lie until the cows come home if that means I get a new card every month, who's to say I don't want to get a new card to prevent someone from skimming my number and using it 6 months down the road? A petty lie to a bank is saving me money from a subscription. I even get Youtube premium for free every month. The only stupid one is you for lacking knowledge on how to get stuff for free.