Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify

Spotify Premium $0.99 or $9.99/3 mos (YMMV/targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2018 2:51 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I find we're fine between Amazon Music included with Prime and Play Music free tier (which for whatever reason my account never gets ads inserted into the stations). I rarely seek out anything specific it's more just atmosphere fill in for me.

Currently still on a 3 month free trial of tidal and I am not impressed, the app seems to have so many bugs related to chromecast and notifications I somehow expected something a lot better considering how ridiculously expensive it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5507 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You guys should check the Group Buy section. There's a thread for the Spotify family plan. Works out much cheaper for the year.
Nov 20, 2007
165 posts
23 upvotes
I’ve had a Spotify account for a few years now and have had several free trials - be it the 3 months/$9.99 or the $0.99 cent per month offer.

I’ve only once paid for a proper subscription when I was desperate for music.... I’ll inevitably suffer through the ads and lack of features until the next trial comes about.

In some cases I’ve been ineligible, but that may have only happened once? Once I’ve paid for the “trial” I always cancel the subscription which remains valid for the duration of the promo... a few days prior to expiry - I’ll get a pop up when I load the app that my subscription will expire in X amount of days and to ‘sign up now’ for uninterrupted/ad-free Spotify.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
delavoie wrote: hate when they do that... as a regular customer at $9.99/month, this promo is not available to me. Smiling Face With Horns
ReeGee wrote: Try unsubscribing with "too expensive" as the reason and it might target you. I'm trying on my wifes account and i'll report back if it works.
Thought I'd give you all an update and let you know this worked. I cancelled my wifes current sub when OP made this thread, it expired earlier this week and she was targeted with the $9.99 for 3 months offer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Signed up for 0.99 / 3months. Will see how I like it and will jump on group deal then.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
ReeGee wrote: Thought I'd give you all an update and let you know this worked. I cancelled my wifes current sub when OP made this thread, it expired earlier this week and she was targeted with the $9.99 for 3 months offer.
what happens to your playlist from your previous account.. is there a way to transfer them over to your new sub?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
delavoie wrote: what happens to your playlist from your previous account.. is there a way to transfer them over to your new sub?
No. Just use the new account for 3 months an then abandon it. Then wait for the next deal. Thats the RFD way.
In your pants!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
delavoie wrote: what happens to your playlist from your previous account.. is there a way to transfer them over to your new sub?
FatWallet wrote: No. Just use the new account for 3 months an then abandon it. Then wait for the next deal. Thats the RFD way.
this isn't what I did. I only cancelled the automatic monthly renewal a few weeks ago, not the entire account. After that existing sub expired it gave the offer and we renewed for 3 months on that same account
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1528 posts
261 upvotes
East Coast!
ReeGee wrote: this isn't what I did. I only cancelled the automatic monthly renewal a few weeks ago, not the entire account. After that existing sub expired it gave the offer and we renewed for 3 months on that same account
Perfect.. .thank you
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
ReeGee wrote: this isn't what I did. I only cancelled the automatic monthly renewal a few weeks ago, not the entire account. After that existing sub expired it gave the offer and we renewed for 3 months on that same account
That doesn't always work. My offer was the same but came from Starbucks US -- 99 cents PLUS 125 points (essentially, I made money since that is enough for anything free at SB). I had to VPN into the US to get it and needed to set up a new account.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Here's what I did,
On notepad, I individually saved the link for each playlist I wanted transfer to new account.
Signed up for new account for $0.99 for 3 months.
Make sure you're now signed into you new account.
Copy and paste the link individually in the address bar and then save the play list.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Feb 11, 2015
217 posts
650 upvotes
Winnipeg
i was not ready to pay $9.99 for 3 months, so here’s what i did. i created a new account with a new email. Used it for 2 days! lo and behold, the $0.99/3months deal popped up, rest is history.
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
For the people wondering if you can cancel right away, you can. Did it just now after signing up for 3 months for 9.99 and this is the message I got after doing so:

You've canceled Premium.
Your subscription will end on 9/9/18. Renew to get right back to ad-free music on demand, even offline.
To help us improve Premium, would you mind telling us more about why you canceled?
This will only take a minute.

I then filled out the survey with lots of "extremely unlikely, etc., etc." in the hopes of getting a better targeted offer in September :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)