Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Spotify US

Spotify US Free Google Mini

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 7:25 am
[OP]
Dec 31, 2016
473 posts
417 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA

Spotify US Free Google Mini

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
Spotify US
Spotify US is now giving free Google Mini for Individual & Family accounts.

https://www.spotify.com/us/premium/

Anybody know if we can utilize it someway in Canada
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
9 replies
Mar 25, 2005
650 posts
69 upvotes
Bowmanville
I tried - seems to do a location check and tells you not available here.
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal
Even if you were to fool the system/website, there's something you can't fool: The border.

And this is not a muy hoté deal
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1023 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
You'll need to sign up for a US PayPal account, put your Canadian credit card into PayPal, use a fake US address for billing address. Then you need to go on a US VPN, go to Spotify.com, change your country to US, then pay with PayPal. Way too many steps for very little savings.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5201 posts
8569 upvotes
BC
OP you might get more upvotes on Redwhiteblueflagdeals.com
Apr 18, 2019
244 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal
rageguy wrote: You'll need to sign up for a US PayPal account, put your Canadian credit card into PayPal, use a fake US address for billing address. Then you need to go on a US VPN, go to Spotify.com, change your country to US, then pay with PayPal. Way too many steps for very little savings.
You deliberately forgot to mention that you will not get it shipped to Canada?
May 25, 2013
52 posts
40 upvotes
Chilliwack
Tried to sign up over a VPN, using a USD credit card, but it seems to know I'm a canadian through the card. Also I have a US post office box, and I tried my paypal which has my main address as a US post office box. It seems to know. :(

But thanks for the tip
Feb 11, 2019
413 posts
452 upvotes
ON
The geographical lock is based on CC zip code, billing zip needs to match address you enter. Strictly speaking don’t need a VPN, just block redirect or manually select US.

Assuming you have a US address to get to shipped to you can have a Canadian CC with a secondary US address that US billing systems will parse as having a US zip during verification. AMEX (no surprise here) will do it no issues if you call and ask the reps. RBC also on some cards, but YMMV depending on your bank.