Sprezzabox $8 + $6 Shipping + Free Watch

Deal Link:
Price:
$8
Savings:
$20 off
Retailer:
SprezzaBox
I've had these boxes in the past, they are a good quality with a (semi) reasonable price, but the free watch makes it even better. They just started pushing ads again on Facebook and I figured I'd share it.

Keep in mind this is USD so it's around $19 CAD shipped to your door for the first box - you can cancel easily after it ships - but you generally get a pair of socks, a tie or bowtie, some kind of accessory like a tie clip, bottle opener, toque, glasses, etc. and a face/body/personal item. No import fees, and the first watch I received from them last year was solid.

Get Your First Box For Only $8 + FREE Watch! Use Code: RTT8V5

Quote from the link: "Each month, our style curators will send you over $100-worth of socks, sunglasses, ties, watches and other awesome products. That's over $100 of value for just $8 for your first box!"
Infinus Technology Inc
22 replies
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
98 posts
85 upvotes
Mission, BC
This one was from May I guess. That watch is similar to the one they sent me.
Previous-Boxes-DESKTOP-may-18.jpg
Infinus Technology Inc
Mar 23, 2019
214 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
Can you comment on the actual quality and value of the items that come in the box?

EDIT: just saw this
BrendanC wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 12:53 pm
This one was from May I guess. That watch is similar to the one they sent me.

Previous-Boxes-DESKTOP-may-18.jpg
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
98 posts
85 upvotes
Mission, BC
The socks and ties are very good quality. The personal items can be hit or miss (the tie clips are cool, one looks like a paperclip), but the quality is good regardless of if you like the style or not. The body products like soap and face wash were really good, and you sometimes end up with coupons for those products - but just like other high end premium personal grooming products they're too expensive to justify in some cases.

I just ended up with SO MANY ties that I ended up cancelling and giving some away still in the plastic wrapping. I still wear the socks, my wife prefers them to my normal black-only socks, and the watch is one I wear regularly.
Infinus Technology Inc
Aug 8, 2019
77 posts
55 upvotes
Personally I don't see the value in this subscription, why would I want a new set every month?
Mar 3, 2015
229 posts
244 upvotes
King City
I am a regular subscriber to Sprezzabox. $19 for the first box isn't bad but they occasionally have 2 for 20 and that is a much better deal. Shipping kills it if you don't have an Amerifriend. Keep in mind though that I've seen the "$8 for first box" promo around for the last 1-2 years so it's nothing new.

As for the quality, its never worth the price you pay for them. I buy them not for the quality but for the variety as I wear ties or pocket squares regularly, it gets me a nice assortment of stuff for more casual work days. Their ties are decent for the most part although I've had a couple ties I really didn't like in terms of the feel. Most of them are still holding up after regular wear. Their socks are hit or miss. When they include other brands, usually they're pretty nice. However, Sprezza branded socks are not good. The materials don't feel nice and they wear out much quicker than regular. The accessories are also a hit or miss but for the most part, they're pretty good. Overall though, you won't get your money's worth, even at this discounted price. However, I don't buy these boxes for value but for variety and to have some fun so I enjoy them for the most part and don't mind the markup.

Now for the watch. DO NOT GET FOOLED BY THE "RETAIL PRICE". I once got a Maestro watch which they claim to be "swiss-made" and has a retail price of over $100. I am a bit of a watch enthusiast so I knew that the retail price was grossly inflated and I wasn't expecting too much from this. However, despite my low expectations, I was still severely disappointed. Upon unboxing, you can immediately tell it costs less than $1 to make it. It feels cheap and lightweight. Shaking it slightly changes the time. Leaving it still and it loses time like crazy. It is not a good watch. Opening it up, it has a tiny quartz movement from Malaysia. Honestly, if you are buying this box for the watch, I'd suggest reconsidering. Invest in something better.

Bottom line, this is like any subscription box type service. Its good for the novelty and variety but you are definitely not getting a good deal out of it. If you like to have some fun and unbox some new stuff every month, it's well worth it. Hopefully that offers some insight to people considering this. I don't think this has any place in "Hot Deals" as it is neither "hot" nor is it much of a "deal". However, its a decent price to try it out for people who are interested.
Last edited by TheSheldor on Aug 14th, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
98 posts
85 upvotes
Mission, BC
TheSheldor wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:09 pm
I am a regular subscriber to Sprezzabox. $19 for the first box isn't bad but they occasionally have 2 for 20 and that is a much better deal. Shipping kills it if you don't have an Amerifriend.

As for the quality, its never worth the price you pay for them. I buy them not for the quality but for the variety as I wear ties or pocket squares regularly, it gets me a nice assortment of stuff for more casual work days. Their ties are decent for the most part although I've had a couple ties I really didn't like in terms of the feel. Most of them are still holding up after regular wear. Their socks are hit or miss. When they include other brands, usually they're pretty nice. However, Sprezza branded socks are not good. The materials don't feel nice and they wear out much quicker than regular. The accessories are also a hit or miss but for the most part, they're pretty good. Overall though, you won't get your money's worth, even at this discounted price. However, I don't buy these boxes for value but for variety and to have some fun so I enjoy them for the most part and don't mind the markup.

Now for the watch. DO NOT GET FOOLED BY THE "RETAIL PRICE". I once got a Maestro watch which they claim to be "swiss-made" and has a retail price of over $100. I am a bit of a watch enthusiast so I knew that the retail price was grossly inflated and I wasn't expecting too much from this. However, despite my low expectations, I was still severely disappointed. Upon unboxing, you can immediately tell it costs less than $1 to make it. It feels cheap and lightweight. Shaking it slightly changes the time. Leaving it still and it loses time like crazy. It is not a good watch. Opening it up, it has a tiny quartz movement from Malaysia. Honestly, if you are buying this box for the watch, I'd suggest reconsidering. Invest in something better.
Yikes, I definitely did not get the same watch as you - I would have sent it back if I had run into that. I do remember the 2 for 20 or buy one get one free box from a few years ago, I ended up gifting at least a couple of those.
Infinus Technology Inc
Jun 23, 2016
197 posts
149 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
After adding the code it adjusts the price but no mention of a watch, is that consistent with OP's experience? Do I have any leverage for for getting a watch?
Mar 3, 2015
229 posts
244 upvotes
King City
BrendanC wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:13 pm
Yikes, I definitely did not get the same watch as you - I would have sent it back if I had run into that. I do remember the 2 for 20 or buy one get one free box from a few years ago, I ended up gifting at least a couple of those.
Haha. It was completely dreadful and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. Which watch did you get if I may ask?

It might just be a one off thing. The watch I got was from the very first time they included watches so maybe they were still figuring things out.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2018
98 posts
85 upvotes
Mission, BC
noxlen wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:16 pm
After adding the code it adjusts the price but no mention of a watch, is that consistent with OP's experience? Do I have any leverage for for getting a watch?
Yeah, my checkout experience didn't mention a watch either - I also haven't subscribed with them for over a year so not sure if it did the first time around either.
Infinus Technology Inc
Aug 29, 2018
234 posts
185 upvotes
roleless wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:02 pm
Personally I don't see the value in this subscription, why would I want a new set every month?
Would be good for someone working in an office setting or whoever has to wear a suit for work. Not if your working at McDonalds, then yeah waste of money
Mar 13, 2012
797 posts
567 upvotes
Surrey
roleless wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:02 pm
You would if u r sugar daddy
Mar 3, 2009
987 posts
74 upvotes
I also ordered mine but there wasnt any note stating the watch would be included.
Boom Boom Pow!