Sports & Recreation

Recommend a squash racket

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Sep 7, 2021
4 posts

Recommend a squash racket

Can anyone tell me which racket should I choose? My age is 21 and my height is 170cm. Need your suggestions.
3 replies
Nov 8, 2012
818 posts
721 upvotes
London, ON
Depends on many factors - you’re new to the game I assume? I would go for something durable while you figure out the ropes. Buying high end might give you a sour taste if you break it easily. There are 2 frame styles too, one for power and one for control. I’d go for control, the open throat racket.

Best value all around are Xamsa rackets. They look great and offer the best price to performance ratio I’ve found, and I’m a hardcore player and nerd. Play 5-6 times per week

Xamsa.com or via Of Courts to get set up.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2021
4 posts
ok thanks for your suggestion and let me trying these Xamsa rackets then i will share my experiance with you.
Regards.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3697 posts
468 upvotes
Leuven
stilltippin wrote: Depends on many factors - you’re new to the game I assume? I would go for something durable while you figure out the ropes. Buying high end might give you a sour taste if you break it easily. There are 2 frame styles too, one for power and one for control. I’d go for control, the open throat racket.

Best value all around are Xamsa rackets. They look great and offer the best price to performance ratio I’ve found, and I’m a hardcore player and nerd. Play 5-6 times per week

Xamsa.com or via Of Courts to get set up.
Ill say that I would probably suggest closed throat for beginners/amateurs as the power can be nice, but main reason being the bigger sweet spot it has. Really don't think it's all that big a deal though.

Cool to hear about xamsa. Haven't lived in Canada for awhile so never actually heard of them. Hopefully can have some friends/family visit me in the future and bring me one!