Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
SSENSE

Fellow Goodeneck Electric Kettle - Black - $183

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2021 10:08 am
Oct 19, 2009
521 posts
529 upvotes
toronto

[SSENSE] Fellow Goodeneck Electric Kettle - Black - $183

This is not the lowest price I saw, which was $161, but still it is not easy to find this legendary gooseneck on sale. Used it one to make pour over coffee and I was determined to get one.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric kettles!
13 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
I don’t drink coffee but I want it!
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5381 posts
5003 upvotes
Toronto
I have one of these in the polished steel. It died after 2 years - base still functions but the kettle doesn't heat.

Fellow sold me a replacement for USD$52 and free shipping, but I hope it lasts for at least 5-10 years like my last kettle.

They are nice kettles for pour-overs and look great on the counter for what that's worth.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
Not sure it's legendary enough to pay $180 vs $20 for something that boils water
Jul 29, 2015
308 posts
290 upvotes
Saskatoon
Be aware that this is one of the slowest pouring gooseneck kettles you can buy. James Hoffmann has a video testing several kettles.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
Looks dope as f^^k & I surely want one even if I already have a elec kettle but dang, I'm not feelin' da 'its a hot deal' vibe. But ofcos it could be cos I'm just cheap but then, this is RFD.

+1 for cool factor but -5 for price. Its a pass for me.
Jun 23, 2020
50 posts
42 upvotes
I can confirm that it's a slow pouring kettle, as it's really designed for control for pourovers.

Other minor things that annoy me about the kettle is that the power cord is very short (for safety reasons) so you may need to plan accordingly and the kettle doesn't beep or anything when it comes to temperature.

Of note, on my first one, the hold switch on the base didn't work out of the box and Fellow replaced it for free (shipped free from the states, even though their website states that the warranty is US only; YMMV).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Nejynoah wrote: Be aware that this is one of the slowest pouring gooseneck kettles you can buy. James Hoffmann has a video testing several kettles.
Isn’t that the point?
Jul 29, 2015
308 posts
290 upvotes
Saskatoon
milhaus wrote: Isn’t that the point?
For me it's fine. But if you live with more people + need to do regular pours there are other gooseneck kettles that pour faster with just as much control.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Tcalp wrote: Not sure it's legendary enough to pay $180 vs $20 for something that boils water
Well you're just not being a proper consumer now. Don't tell anyone but I hear you can even boil water on a stove with a kettle that has no electronics at all and will last a lifetime for $10.
Oct 19, 2009
521 posts
529 upvotes
toronto
Tcalp wrote: Not sure it's legendary enough to pay $180 vs $20 for something that boils water
BinaryJay wrote: Well you're just not being a proper consumer now. Don't tell anyone but I hear you can even boil water on a stove with a kettle that has no electronics at all and will last a lifetime for $10.
Why boil water when you can drink the water right out of the tap here in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Thanks anyways OP, it looks nice!

Just not $183 nice, IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)