Expired Hot Deals

[SSENSE] SSENSE Sale Starts Morning of May 22, 2018 EST! (Up to 50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2018 12:33 am
Tags:
Apr 16, 2015
95 posts
292 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not that it's relevant but I'm Chinese, time to get mom and dad to wire some extra chump change for this. Great sale, thumbs up, thanks OP!
Jan 28, 2013
285 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
Certain items/brands will go out of stock even with a small discount. Some brands might have more trouble selling - so definitely worth to wait a few weeks until the Final Reductions occur. Add products to your wish list and check it every so often to see when the stock level is low.

(Not everyone cares but) if you read the item description, most items will say where it's made. If it says "Imported", there's a high chance it's from non-European countries. Brands like Prada and Burberry has certain products made in China/Vietnam (mostly shoes) and still retail for $600-700+. (ie. https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/produc ... rs/2435228)

Lastly, everything I've ordered from SSENSE is only charged 5% GST. So depending on how much PST is charged in your province, it could be considered as a little bonus!

Anyway, here's my initial haul this morning:

Neil Barrett: Black & White Thunderbolt Back T-Shirt ($207 = 40% off)
Acne Studios: Black Fairview Face Sweatshirt ($217 = 31% off)
Acne Studios: Black Nash Face T-Shirt ($133.33 = msrp)
Common Projects: Black & White Original Achilles Low Sneakers ($446 = 28%)
Common Projects: Black Retro Slip-On Sneakers ($390 = 39% off)
Balmain: Black Logo T-Shirt ($209 = 29% off)
Express shipping: $15
Total: $1699.95
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4814 posts
1924 upvotes
jqn525 wrote: Certain items/brands will go out of stock even with a small discount. Some brands might have more trouble selling - so definitely worth to wait a few weeks until the Final Reductions occur. Add products to your wish list and check it every so often to see when the stock level is low.

(Not everyone cares but) if you read the item description, most items will say where it's made. If it says "Imported", there's a high chance it's from non-European countries. Brands like Prada and Burberry has certain products made in China/Vietnam (mostly shoes) and still retail for $600-700+. (ie. https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/produc ... rs/2435228)

Lastly, everything I've ordered from SSENSE is only charged 5% GST. So depending on how much PST is charged in your province, it could be considered as a little bonus!

Anyway, here's my initial haul this morning:

Neil Barrett: Black & White Thunderbolt Back T-Shirt ($207 = 40% off)
Acne Studios: Black Fairview Face Sweatshirt ($217 = 31% off)
Acne Studios: Black Nash Face T-Shirt ($133.33 = msrp)
Common Projects: Black & White Original Achilles Low Sneakers ($446 = 28%)
Common Projects: Black Retro Slip-On Sneakers ($390 = 39% off)
Balmain: Black Logo T-Shirt ($209 = 29% off)
Express shipping: $15
Total: $1699.95
You spent $1700 and still had to pay shipping LOL.
Apr 22, 2016
110 posts
117 upvotes
I worked for 6 years in Italy selling fabrics to major Italian, European and world fashion brands (gucci, Burberry, Celine, givenchy ,Chloe ,fendi etc.).
Obviously you pay for the name, the marketing, the status ( " I wear a gucci sweater because I can afford it, not because I like it" that's the main thing behind ), but there is so much work behind that actually make this stuff being so pricey .
My two cents is: avoid items made in china, africa, Asia, avoid jeans and all cotton apparel ( cotton is cheap no matter what not much), stay with silk, silk blend with wool or modal for accessories , if something says made in Italy it means the actual fabric is made in Italy plus the dress or whatever is cut and made up in Italian production factories ( different brands share same factories all located in the north of Italy ).
Lots of quality checks behind, laboratory tests and almost zero chances of imperfections.
High price reflects : stylist idea/ concept, marketing, actual cost of the fabric ( quite high as it is made in Italy) high percentage of shrink due to difected fabric that just get thrown away, Italian manufacturers Labour work , final quality control.
I personally not recommend French brands ( many times dresses / clothing says made in Italy but with Chinese fabrics/textiles).
Gucci group ( Alexander McQueen , balenciaga, Gucci , stella McCartney etc) are very focused on quality checks and products longevity.
Also Fendi and Loro piana have high quality standards.
Just excuse my poor English.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
Most people don't realize increasingly that "Made In Italy" means "made by Chinese hands in Italy" from Chinese immigrant labour. It's like how many don't realize Canada Goose's "made in Canada" can mean made by a bunch of Chinese workers, not Caucasian workers. QC differences aside due to implemented standards, some people would still care if they knew their prized made in Italy item wasn't stitched together by some old (ethnically) Italian artisan with bifocals under a workshop lamp.

It's not only the manufacturing process but also the textiles source being of Chinese origin too.
Apr 5, 2017
37 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
ar2020 wrote: Champion is now considered a designer brand? The same crewneck shirt for $115 that used to sell for $20 at Champs?
The Champion that SSENSE sells is the European line. Champion has different qualities/styles: the ones they sell at Walmart/Amazon, the ones they sell at Urban Outfitters, and the European line are all different. Different materials, different styles, different cuts, french terry vs fleece.
Dec 26, 2005
297 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Did you know that most of the Made In Italy clothings were actually made in China. They have the last process of manufacture made in Italy like stich the lables or buttons then called made in Italy. Even though the piece of pricy Gucci dress 100% made in Italy was probly made by Chinese in the Italian factory. There are some very high standard clothing factories in Dongguan and Dalian in China. They can provide you with high quality of clothings or fabrics if you are willing to pay more. Do not know why you still consider Asian made or Chinese made are worse than European made. Some products must be made by chinese because of their tiny hands which easier to handle the job. Go talk to your boss and ask him if a high end brand dress claimed made in Italy is really 100% made in Italy including the dying sewing, knitting or embroidery.
Jul 4, 2012
179 posts
135 upvotes
Who gives a sh!t. If you like it and can afford it, buy it.

I'm mad at Ssense for sending me worn SLP boots last sale season and doing nothing about it, but I still bought a few items I had my eye on this year.
Jun 30, 2017
65 posts
22 upvotes
Just remember to never ship to a different address than the billing one. Last time I tried from ssense in January, their stupid automated security check went apeshit. I called 6 times, and eventually decided to just ship to the billing address, the order finally went through.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9535 posts
741 upvotes
Mississauga
Sym000 wrote: Who gives a sh!t. If you like it and can afford it, buy it.

I'm mad at Ssense for sending me worn SLP boots last sale season and doing nothing about it, but I still bought a few items I had my eye on this year.
Good to know.. gonna inspect mine when I get em
RFD 41-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Jan 27, 2005
321 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Just remember to never ship to a different address than the billing one. Last time I tried from ssense in January, their stupid automated security check went apeshit. I called 6 times, and eventually decided to just ship to the billing address, the order finally went through.
I've shipped many times to addresses other than my billing address.
May 23, 2009
771 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
bombdiggity wrote: Most people don't realize increasingly that "Made In Italy" means "made by Chinese hands in Italy" from Chinese immigrant labour. It's like how many don't realize Canada Goose's "made in Canada" can mean made by a bunch of Chinese workers, not Caucasian workers. QC differences aside due to implemented standards, some people would still care if they knew their prized made in Italy item wasn't stitched together by some old (ethnically) Italian artisan with bifocals under a workshop lamp.

It's not only the manufacturing process but also the textiles source being of Chinese origin too.
That kinda seems a little racist... It shouldn't matter who makes it, but how they handle training and the QC when producing the products. Even if they bring in immigrant labour, the training should be good enough to keep up the quality to standard. By that logic, apple QC should be the terrible based on the fact that they are made from chinese workers.

At the end of the day, the people buying a $400 Tshirt should be equivalent to that of a middle class person buying a $20 Tshirt. They shouldn't flinch, If one were to tear apart their shirt.
Jul 4, 2012
179 posts
135 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Good to know.. gonna inspect mine when I get em
It was a size 45 black leather SLP Chelsea. I'm also trying to sell a new tan suede SLP Chelsea in 44 for cheaper than Ssense haha.