Students

St Clair College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applicants/Students

Feb 23, 2011
34 posts
Congrats to you too!

There are about 45-50 seats I think. And yes I will be accepting it if I don't get into st clair for sonography.

Will you be accepting Fanshawe?
Mar 7, 2011
40 posts
3 upvotes
alanna2332 wrote: Congrats to you too!

There are about 45-50 seats I think. And yes I will be accepting it if I don't get into st clair for sonography.

Will you be accepting Fanshawe?
Yup, I will be accepting it if I don't get a confirmation from Michener for MRT.
If anything, see you this upcoming September. I am already excited.
Jan 24, 2013
114 posts
10 upvotes
Windsor
mapleaf wrote: You guys are genius! I have been dying to know what my HOAE score is, but St. Clair doesn't release them, and no other school I've applied to requires them. I just applied to Georgian solely for the purpose of getting my scores thanks to your brilliant suggestion. Thanks for saving my sanity (partially - waiting to find out if I've been accepted is driving me crazy, too!). I've actually applied to the Med Lab Science program - sorry for hijacking your thread, but I didn't think you'd mind. :) I've been accepted to 3 of the 5 programs I've applied to, but I really am leaning towards wanting to get into St. Clair.
mapleaf, did you end up getting your HOAE results?
Sep 4, 2006
31 posts
Tilbury
I did, thanks. Not super ecstatic over them, but they are what they are. :) I called St. Clair and was told acceptance notices should be going out this week. Still keeping my fingers crossed!
Feb 23, 2011
34 posts
Anyone know how they notify? Through email? Or do we just check ontariocolleges everyday ? Lol
Sep 4, 2006
31 posts
Tilbury
I might resort to calling every five minutes. :P
Jan 24, 2013
114 posts
10 upvotes
Windsor
Oh thats great to hear.
They don't email, we will have to just check ontariocolleges every day lol and then they send a letter in the mail after it goes up online
Feb 23, 2011
34 posts
just spoke to the registrar, still no admission decisions made.. :(
Jan 24, 2013
114 posts
10 upvotes
Windsor
:(
Why are they taking their sweet time? It doesn't seem that complicated to add up scores and send decisions out!!
Feb 23, 2011
34 posts
Not for me.. I was expecting to hear something today because last year students received acceptances on the Wednesday of march break, apparently they're waiting longer to send out acceptances this year?
Jan 24, 2013
114 posts
10 upvotes
Windsor
Well I just find that so rude.. Lol but really, I'm dying over here. At least we will know by the end of the month but I was really hoping to know by this week :( there's still Thursday and Friday I suppose so ill try to stay optimistic
Mar 12, 2013
7 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys! I'm also going to be attending the MRT program at Fanshawe next September! I'm so excited! I hope you all get into your 1st picks in terms of school/program choices, but if you decide to go the Fanshawe route, let me know! Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys soon :)
Cheers, Chantal.
Sep 30, 2007
52 posts
Mississauga
Hi All, I m interested in sonography program but I only know about Michener offering it and prerequisite are quite tough... I have 3 year biotechnology diploma from Seneca but everywhere they seems to be asking degree in science or medical back ground.... So my question is does how well reputable is st Clair college and how fast do you get a job? Is it as competitive as Michener
Feb 23, 2011
34 posts
aman110 wrote: Hi All, I m interested in sonography program but I only know about Michener offering it and prerequisite are quite tough... I have 3 year biotechnology diploma from Seneca but everywhere they seems to be asking degree in science or medical back ground.... So my question is does how well reputable is st Clair college and how fast do you get a job? Is it as competitive as Michener
All sonography programs in Ontario are highly competitive. St. Clair accepts about 28 applicants out of the 700+ that apply, that being said, all of the required courses need to be A's to have a decent chance at being accepted.

This program is new to St. Clair, but the college itself is very reputable.

Here is a link to the program page; it has all the required courses and more info about job opportunities.
http://www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/p ... onography/

Hope that helps!
Jan 24, 2013
114 posts
10 upvotes
Windsor
aman110 wrote: Hi All, I m interested in sonography program but I only know about Michener offering it and prerequisite are quite tough... I have 3 year biotechnology diploma from Seneca but everywhere they seems to be asking degree in science or medical back ground.... So my question is does how well reputable is st Clair college and how fast do you get a job? Is it as competitive as Michener
I'm unsure about how fast you can get a job, but according to Ontariocolleges, you graduate each program with an Advanced Diploma. So I would assume job opportunities are the same for graduates of both programs. As Alanna2332 said, there are about 700 people who apply for the St. Clair program, and perhaps Michener experienced a similarly high number of applicants and decided that to decrease their number of applicants, or to make it easier to decide who gets accepted, they would change the prerequisites and add the requirement of holding a degree or having a medical background. Otherwise, I'm unsure of the differences between Michener and St. Clair