Expired Hot Deals

[St Louis Wings] $19.99 AYCE St Louis Wings. Drink purchase required. May 31-June 30

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2019 1:35 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21759 posts
24915 upvotes
Toronto

$19.99 AYCE St Louis Wings. Drink purchase required. May 31-June 30

Price:
$19.99
Expiry:
June 30, 2019
Retailer:
St Louis Wings
MAY 31st - JUNE 30th, 2019

*Taxes extra. Wingsanity is dine in only. Wingsanity is valid with the purchase of a large beverage. Not valid with half price Tuesdays. Must be legal drinking age to purchase alcohol. Available while quantities last. Valid at participating locations. Some restrictions apply. See store for details.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
43 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6258 posts
1466 upvotes
Richmond Hill
opinion on their wings? and how much is their L drink?
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
743 upvotes
Nice! Ate more than 50 wings last time.

In before people complain about slow refills and 'mandatory' fries.

The trick is to go after lunch and before dinner time (2pm-5:30pm). I've never had an issue with slow service.

Also, fries only come with the first order. You can also push the fries to the side and not eat any. I've never been forced to eat the fries, although I did eat some out of free will because they were not bad.
Jan 16, 2017
471 posts
287 upvotes
what kind of drinks are required? I spent a month in rehab within the past yr.... i don't realy want to relapse again
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1881 posts
1706 upvotes
Toronto, ON
reesefitzmaurice wrote: what kind of drinks are required? I spent a month in rehab within the past yr.... i don't realy want to relapse again
Non alcohol is fine.
Sep 8, 2006
903 posts
546 upvotes
Edmonton
This deal gets down voted every time it's posted. It's not a good deal!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28321 posts
8784 upvotes
You def. don't have to buy alcohol.

What killed me the last time I went to this was the sodium. I got suicide and it was more like sui-SALT :eek: and unless you tell them otherwise they bring like 2lbs or something (or could have been 1.5) on the "first round" so I had all that flavour but I barely made it through thinking I was going to be sick from the salt. So I called it a day after that. If not for the salt I should have been able to eat at least 30 but I really got salt overload. Usually they aren't that salty but they were killer that time--probably should have sent them back. Lesson to take from this is start with 1lb of whatever flavour and then just order more as you go.

Side story:
Also on this^ occasion, somehow a guy literally got in a fist fight with the staff because they wouldn't let him take his leftovers home (which is indeed actually the policy--you can't take home what you don't eat). I think what happened was there was a family of four who did NOT get the AYCE, so they wrapped up their leftovers and went home. So this sketchy-lookin' guy and his pal, they asked about taking the leftovers home before they even ordered and it was explained to them they could not. They ask again when they're leaving and the waiter explained to them politely about three times they couldn't because that's how the promo was. One of the two guys kept antagonising the server about it, talking about how he saw "them" (meaning the family) take theirs home and the server explained they didn't get the AYCE special, etc. So once the waiter went away to get his bill and whatever the guy was still going on about it to his buddy telling him about how he paid for them, they're his, blah blah. So he gets some napkins or whatever and dumps them in there and tries to hide them. Now here's where I think the waiter probably should have just let it go because if someone is going to that much trouble they must be pretty hard up for food later or something, especially when they look like income is not one of their strong points in life, lol. But nope server was a younger dude and I guess had something to prove with his "authority" or whatever, so this continues...

Server comes back and is PO'd that this guy has done this after he explained it (and he did explain it pretty nicely the first few times). So he tells him no he has to leave the leftovers and he can't take them and then a big argument starts with the guy ending up like throwing a drink or a wing (can't remember now) at the server :rolleyes: So then they get to "you wanna take this outside then?!?!" and yep outside they went :lol: The cook also accompanies the server guy. Can't really see anything because it was dark out and bright inside--too much reflection. About 5-10 mins later the two employees come back in, the cook has a bloody nose, not sure what happened to the "customers" but I kinda hope at least the one guy got worse for his antics. I mean the whole thing was just dumb (and like I said the server should have just let it go--NOT worth risking your job and/or getting arrested for a lowlife like this) but the customer was told this many times, I think even before they ordered so dunno what he was all crazy about. Well that's my crazy St. Louis AYCE story...wonder if anyone else had something like this happen? lol
May 13, 2015
887 posts
1213 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Simby wrote: This deal gets down voted every time it's posted. It's not a good deal!
it's a good deal if you want to eat a lot of wings
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5189 posts
1958 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: You def. don't have to buy alcohol.

What killed me the last time I went to this was the sodium. I got suicide and it was more like sui-SALT :eek: and unless you tell them otherwise they bring like 2lbs or something (or could have been 1.5) on the "first round" so I had all that flavour but I barely made it through thinking I was going to be sick from the salt. So I called it a day after that. If not for the salt I should have been able to eat at least 30 but I really got salt overload. Usually they aren't that salty but they were killer that time--probably should have sent them back. Lesson to take from this is start with 1lb of whatever flavour and then just order more as you go.

Side story:
Also on this^ occasion, somehow a guy literally got in a fist fight with the staff because they wouldn't let him take his leftovers home (which is indeed actually the policy--you can't take home what you don't eat). I think what happened was there was a family of four who did NOT get the AYCE, so they wrapped up their leftovers and went home. So this sketchy-lookin' guy and his pal, they asked about taking the leftovers home before they even ordered and it was explained to them they could not. They ask again when they're leaving and the waiter explained to them politely about three times they couldn't because that's how the promo was. One of the two guys kept antagonising the server about it, talking about how he saw "them" (meaning the family) take theirs home and the server explained they didn't get the AYCE special, etc. So once the waiter went away to get his bill and whatever the guy was still going on about it to his buddy telling him about how he paid for them, they're his, blah blah. So he gets some napkins or whatever and dumps them in there and tries to hide them. Now here's where I think the waiter probably should have just let it go because if someone is going to that much trouble they must be pretty hard up for food later or something, especially when they look like income is not one of their strong points in life, lol. But nope server was a younger dude and I guess had something to prove with his "authority" or whatever, so this continues...

Server comes back and is PO'd that this guy has done this after he explained it (and he did explain it pretty nicely the first few times). So he tells him no he has to leave the leftovers and he can't take them and then a big argument starts with the guy ending up like throwing a drink or a wing (can't remember now) at the server :rolleyes: So then they get to "you wanna take this outside then?!?!" and yep outside they went :lol: The cook also accompanies the server guy. Can't really see anything because it was dark out and bright inside--too much reflection. About 5-10 mins later the two employees come back in, the cook has a bloody nose, not sure what happened to the "customers" but I kinda hope at least the one guy got worse for his antics. I mean the whole thing was just dumb (and like I said the server should have just let it go--NOT worth risking your job and/or getting arrested for a lowlife like this) but the customer was told this many times, I think even before they ordered so dunno what he was all crazy about. Well that's my crazy St. Louis AYCE story...wonder if anyone else had something like this happen? lol
I've seen people bring Tupperware in, maybe even from work lunch, to take wings back with them.
Aug 14, 2010
88 posts
26 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Have done Wingsanity and really enjoyed it.

Will be doing it again for sure.
May 13, 2015
887 posts
1213 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
This might be good for a Raptors playoff game. Anywhere in the GTA, you have to show up pretty early to get a good seat anyways... so you could eat wings over like a 5 hour time span.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1881 posts
1706 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Side story:

Where did this take place?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1688 posts
716 upvotes
Are these breaded or non-breaded wings?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
That's probably a legal requirement. It sure is in other provinces so it'd make sense if it was true for you guys too.
Forcing people to drink would be a terrible idea.
Also on this^ occasion, somehow a guy literally got in a fist fight with the staff because they wouldn't let him take his leftovers home

Why doesn't this surprise me at all.
What does surprise me is that the staff actually went for the fight. Someone's not gonna have a job tomorrow...
People are idiots.
BillyBill wrote: it's a good deal if you want to eat a lot of wings
Wing deals aside, if you eat 2lbs you're more than breaking even based on the regular price of wings.
I don't know what wing deals are like in Ontario (or what the wings are like here) but if this were Vancouver break even would be 3-4lbs depending on how the wings are.
Still easily doable for some people.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4134 posts
187 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote: Are these breaded or non-breaded wings?
Don't know about the AYCE event but they do have non-breaded wings usually. I order from them quite often.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28321 posts
8784 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: That's probably a legal requirement. It sure is in other provinces so it'd make sense if it was true for you guys too.
Forcing people to drink would be a terrible idea.
Indeed it's a legal requirement--can't force ppl to buy alcohol in Ontario in order to get a discount on something. Heck, "happy hour" is prohibited in ON as well.
death_hawk wrote:
Why doesn't this surprise me at all.
What does surprise me is that the staff actually went for the fight. Someone's not gonna have a job tomorrow...
People are idiots.
Yep to this too. I almost had the mind to stand up and tell the server, "it's not worth it" when he was going outside but he seemed to be possibly a bit of a hot-head himself so I didn't get involved at all. I mean the server was in the right to begin with and he didn't do anything aggressive at all up until he saw what the guy had done trying to "sneak" the wings out. I say "sneak" in quotes because the guy wasn't really trying to hide it, he was being quite loud about it in fact as if this was his right as he paid and on and on. At that point it seemed like it was more an ego match between lowlife guy that may not have even been employed, probably had a record already, etc. and the "got something to prove" server who was employed and likely did not have a record. I mean maybe it's because I'm a bit older now, but choosing the higher ground here, esp. when it's something like a few chicken wings seems like the much better choice. Not to mention you don't know if the guy or his buddy has a weapon or something like that--could cost you your life over...chicken wings.
RAINMAN0 wrote: Are these breaded or non-breaded wings?
You can choose between either/or. St. Louis many years ago was only non-breaded but you can get dusted wings now if you like.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1005 posts
1573 upvotes
Toronto
I actually like the wings here, and the fries. Not sure why it gets downvoted.

Note that Tuesday is half price wings already, so you can always go at that point even when this offer isn’t on. Note that the two offers don’t stack.
Aug 8, 2007
505 posts
343 upvotes
Went there today for half price wings. You can order 2lbs for $26.50 so at half price the $19.99 price would buy you about 3lbs and you could take leftovers home. Also from 2 to 5 pm my local (Yonge Eglinton) has $5 beers, not sure if this includes weekends but AYCE and $5 beer would be great for a game. Been going to St Louis since Durkee was the hot sauce not Franks (I love both).
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
743 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: Where did this take place?
Was wondering the same. Scarborough? Jane & Finch? Sounds like a really 'methed' up situation that's for sure.
althanis wrote: I actually like the wings here, and the fries. Not sure why it gets downvoted.

Note that Tuesday is half price wings already, so you can always go at that point even when this offer isn’t on. Note that the two offers don’t stack.
Wings are alright. The fries are alright. I won't do their regular priced wings, but I'm there when it's wingsanity. Last year's Ribsanity too.

lol of course it can't stack Tue's deal which is year round and a la carte only. Otherwise $10 AYCE wings? Where do I sign up? I'll go every week and mine the crap out of this deal like I did the $5 baconator deal if that were the case.
Simby wrote: This deal gets down voted every time it's posted. It's not a good deal!
It's a great deal for anyone who are big eaters and want to change up their wings venue.
Dec 29, 2008
328 posts
373 upvotes
Mississauga
correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the AYCE wings the boneless variety only AKA chicken nuggets? They were disgusting last time I went