Expired Hot Deals

St Louis Wings

National Chicken Wing Day deal - 3lb wings w/ fries and free delivery for $30

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2021 10:03 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1005 posts
2761 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: I don't consider a small business owner small when they have nearly 1 million dollars ($750K-$850K to be exact) to start a new TURN-KEY franchise with the backing of a multi-million dollar corporation. They are all wealthy absentee owners to begin with.

It is a disservice to all your neighborhood independently-owned restaurants, pubs, cafes, etc that had nowhere near that amount of funding to start and operate.
Correct. If you wanna know if the owner is there, just check for the 100k German SUV parked in front.

As someone who has seen the revenue from franchise restaurants and fast foods... I think many would be surprised at the cash that flows through
Member
Sep 10, 2017
408 posts
327 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
It isn't a deal at all. I Make my own wings at home on the grill or air fryer, all you do is buy the wings, which usually cost less than 4$ a pound and season it yourself to your liking, turns out amazing.
I hate reading "just do it at home/make it yourself" on RFD, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have clicked on the link.

That being said, once you start making wings at home in an air fryer, you really can't justify the cost of takeout wings anymore. Not only is it healthier at home, it's much cheaper and they come out crispier. If you can find a decent sauce (I like the ones from M&M), then it's a tastier and better experience all around, at the cost of a 25 min prep time. If you really want restaurant quality, use the grill instead.

I'll probably get this deal tonight just to remind myself how much better my wings at home are.
Member
Mar 28, 2007
240 posts
44 upvotes
Mmmm...I haven't had these in a while. I don't see the deal in the app though.
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
12590 posts
16075 upvotes
Toronto
tase25 wrote: Mmmm...I haven't had these in a while. I don't see the deal in the app though.
It's on the menu under limited time offers
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
12590 posts
16075 upvotes
Toronto
blckmntn wrote: I hate reading "just do it at home/make it yourself" on RFD, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have clicked on the link.

That being said, once you start making wings at home in an air fryer, you really can't justify the cost of takeout wings anymore. Not only is it healthier at home, it's much cheaper and they come out crispier. If you can find a decent sauce (I like the ones from M&M), then it's a tastier and better experience all around, at the cost of a 25 min prep time. If you really want restaurant quality, use the grill instead.

I'll probably get this deal tonight just to remind myself how much better my wings at home are.
You also have to add the value of your time and energy. If you are at work and want lunch you probably aren't going to go through this process and are just looking for a deal to get quick.
Member
Jan 7, 2010
247 posts
217 upvotes
Burlington
ANY OTHER DEALS on National Chicken Wing Day out there??
Member
Feb 26, 2007
493 posts
473 upvotes
hvc wrote: No chicken? Or they just out of chicken?

Why were all the interviewed customers, non-Caucasian?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3700 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
nice deal, too bad all the st louis is closed on the east end Toronto and they aren't delivering toward me :(
Member
Feb 26, 2007
493 posts
473 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: It isn't a deal at all. I Make my own wings at home on the grill or air fryer, all you do is buy the wings, which usually cost less than 4$ a pound and season it yourself to your liking, turns out amazing. You are paying for convienance here and name brand, nothing more. The fries value are pretty much next to nothing. If you are some of those people who love ordering wings for parties or chilling, then this might be the deal for you, but otherwise its not a good price if you know what you're doing or trying to save money.
You must not eat out unless there are $1 or $2 deals....
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15178 posts
6241 upvotes
RFD
chooraymond wrote: You must not eat out unless there are $1 or $2 deals....
This person loves it right now with the free ($1) Whopper deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
3176 posts
4100 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
chooraymond wrote: You must not eat out unless there are $1 or $2 deals....
I used to, but limited now. Depends if there are deals under 5$ and i'm hungry or going out with friends. Trying to save my wallet and health this year.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2004
873 posts
102 upvotes
Had these, thanks OP for the deal.

Wings tasted pretty meh...

My go-to is Buffalo wild wings, I would give them an 8 or a 9 depending on the day.

These were like a 4 or 5 maybe.

Previously frozen and bloody red inside with preservative taste.

Not fresh and crispy like buffalo wild wings ot even wild wings.

Fries were great though.
Member
Jan 7, 2010
247 posts
217 upvotes
Burlington
Does Kelseys still have their Thursday wing deal?
Sr. Member
May 31, 2007
518 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered from Town Centre Ct location, too little sauce but still enjoyable. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1395 posts
444 upvotes
simplypop wrote:
Lol. $20, - 30 wings and fries, free delivery. This is 2021 not 1950. Even Nuggets at McDonalds are $6 for 6 nuggets now. Have you seen the price of electricity/gas, and everything else? Inflation anyone?
blackbirdman wrote:
If this was 1950 this deal would cost around 5 $ or less probably

EDIT: Might actually cost even less, because I think in the past nobody liked wings, it was eaten by poor people and seen as unwanted chicken parts or something. Dunno what year eating wings became popular.
playnicee1 wrote: $30 in 1950 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $319.53 today. https://www.in2013dollars.com/canada/in ... ?amount=30
One thing I learned in RFD, there is no sarcasm or "figure of speech". If you say 1950, you better mean it and be exact.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
12969 posts
1423 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Are they really that big? I used to special order raw wings of this size but I rarely if ever see a restaurant sell them. Unless they're smaller and breaded to look bigger.
They aren’t that big, but they give you that fixed amount 7-8 every time
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1383 posts
697 upvotes
Kingsville
Meridian wrote: One thing I learned in RFD, there is no sarcasm or "figure of speech". If you say 1950, you better mean it and be exact.
Some people want to know the exact date and time so they can fire up their time machine to catch the deal.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24391 posts
33419 upvotes
Toronto
Camtheman4 wrote: ANY OTHER DEALS on National Chicken Wing Day out there??
Ongoing at Hooters

https://www.hooters.to/downtown-toronto


wing ding

TAKEOUT SPECIAL



40 Wings

Coleslaw

Fries & Gravy

only $33.99



Available every day. Takeout & delivery only.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
611 posts
986 upvotes
Ottawa
My location is not available on Skip - they offer this bundle for $39.99 on pick up. Location Ottawa - Clyde
E as in ewe, eye, eight

Top