None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1404 posts
1348 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon.com] ST:TNG S7 ~ $99.99 at FS

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 7 (1993-94)

$99.99 at Futureshop ("On Order")
Seems to be about $36 cheaper than Amazon and Chapters (though these Star Trek DVD Sets are all way overpriced compared to other TV series to me).

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
12 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
They're all waaaaaaaaaaay overpriced, but $100 is not as bad as the others.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Jun 17, 2004
31 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
I recently bought ST :D S9 season 7 for $99.99 from futureshop.ca. In fact - I went to future shop that day too, and ALL star trek seasons (except the original series) were $99. The season I ordered was oos, but is now on its way. Good price!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11228 posts
1868 upvotes
Guelph
star trek rocks! but i miss the borg! the new ST or old? is not great at all. bring back the borg, the defiant and enterprise and some new weapons and i so go pay to watch that. no plot needed really, juss lots of weapons, more weapons and a big bang at the end. :)
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 68-0-0 and counting.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13925 posts
3088 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
juss lots of weapons, more weapons and a big bang at the end

Unfortunately, this is why the entire Star Trek franchise went downhill (in my opinion). In Voyager, it became that every other episode was borg related or featured Species 8472. It's okay once in awhile but when it's like that for every episode, it loses its appeal.

Those types of stories isn't what Star Trek was about and if Roddenberry was alive, I doubt that would have been the direction Star Trek went. I guess the blame can be pointed at the success of First Contact.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
565 upvotes
that's a good deal... ST TNG was the best of the star trek series and it incorporated a lot of the ideals that roddenberry had envisioned for the future, which made it different from the typical sci-fi shoot outs. But TNG IMO was losing steam after season 4 or so plotwise, season 7 was not that good..but All good Things makes up for any shortcommings during the last season.

I think they should make a ST series revolving around Q..i love that character...and maybe a lil update on Hull would be appreciated too ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1053 posts
173 upvotes
RayzorC wrote:I recently bought ST :D S9 season 7 for $99.99 from futureshop.ca. In fact - I went to future shop that day too, and ALL star trek seasons (except the original series) were $99. The season I ordered was oos, but is now on its way. Good price!
Did you happen to see STTNG season 1?
Jul 3, 2002
84 posts
35 upvotes
If you want star trek dvds just go to ebay and order them from china. I got the entire series on dvd of both The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 for $275 (US). They're the same dvds as what's here, there's just some chinese lettering on the box.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4859 posts
182 upvotes
GTA
sbender wrote:If you want star trek dvds just go to ebay and order them from china. I got the entire series on dvd of both The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 for $275 (US). They're the same dvds as what's here, there's just some chinese lettering on the box.
What are the odds those are bootlegs?
Rock it.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
565 upvotes
chdude3 wrote:What are the odds those are bootlegs?
100% they sell them here too at first markham and pacmall
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1053 posts
173 upvotes
sbender wrote:If you want star trek dvds just go to ebay and order them from china. I got the entire series on dvd of both The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 for $275 (US). They're the same dvds as what's here, there's just some chinese lettering on the box.

Darn, i never even thought of that... i spent so much on season 2-7 already...i might as well complete my collection with authentic stuff.

Although having heard that it's available at pacmall...hmmm...maybe i'll go check it out.

Any idea what the name of the store is gilboman?
Jun 17, 2004
31 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
congenic wrote:Did you happen to see STTNG season 1?

Yes, I did... but like I said, that was a few weeks ago. I notice it's not on the website anymore, so you'll have to check your local stores.
Apr 6, 2003
435 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
You can buy authentic North American ST DVDs for a lot less than what you pay at FS, AMazon etc. on ebay. I bought the Startrek Original series box set for US$70 (including shipping). It sells for more than $100 + tax in stores.

I don't like buying Asian imports.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)