Expired Hot Deals

[StableHost] 75% off Web Hosting for life - 48H only!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 7:52 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2006
400 posts
182 upvotes

75% off Web Hosting for life - 48H only!

Deal Link:
Savings:
Retailer:
StableHost
DabYS-BX0AArMO0.jpg

Using coupon code 'STOCKHOLM'; and get 75% off for life on all Web Hosting plans in their Stockholm location.

Valid for the next 48 hours only.

Hosting plans: https://www.stablehost.com/web-hosting.php

I've had a hosting plan with them since their black Friday deal in like 2010 or something (hosting in Phoenix), I don't even remember it's been so long now. I've been super happy with it; and it's a great value.
Last edited by sickens on Apr 10th, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2781 upvotes
Another +1 for Stablehost.

I grabbed a Stablehost hosting plan on one of their 75% off lifetime deals several years ago, and it has been great. It costs me US$21.50 per year.

You can find cheaper, but not with the long-term reputation that Stabelhost has.

I don't know how you specify a Stockholm location though.
Last edited by Exp315 on Apr 10th, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2006
400 posts
182 upvotes
riltestuser wrote: how much is cost?
Depends on the hosting package you select, obviously.

If you sign up for their Unlimited Pro hosting package, you can get 3 years of hosting for $70/USD. That's less than $2/month for unlimited storage, bandwidth & sites.

Check out the comparison between their other hosting packages in that link above, but that's pretty solid value.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Pro package for $1.88 @ month looks pretty sweet..
Anyone else with positive experience from these guys??
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Dec 13, 2006
569 posts
240 upvotes
Is it a bad Idea to host something in Stockholm??

Is it bad for speed?

I was thinking about WordPress hosting
May 29, 2009
42 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
sorry, didn't have access to Twitter at office so asked :)
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2006
1229 posts
481 upvotes
Thunder Bay
grisensko wrote: Is it a bad Idea to host something in Stockholm??

Is it bad for speed?

I was thinking about WordPress hosting
:rolleyes:
You need to read up on this new thing that just came out called the Internet
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity. -Al
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
I'm sorry but if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. I am interested but skeptical.

Will WordPress sites optimized with caching run fast on this hosting or is this bottom of the barrel hosting? Shared hosts are generally priced in the same way, so there has to be a catch here. My guess is that performance is terrible or just not consistent.

edit: they have a 45 day refund policy so maybe it's good
[Inappropriate signature]
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
Yeah, this looks like garbage hosting. They are the type of company that will probably change things a few years down to road, whether it be service quality or your plan. I would avoid at all costs.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1648417

The company's representative's responses in the thread lack professionalism and it has turned me off.
[Inappropriate signature]
Feb 22, 2017
378 posts
412 upvotes
Ontario
snipzy wrote: Yeah, this looks like garbage hosting. They are the type of company that will probably change things a few years down to road, whether it be service quality or your plan. I would avoid at all costs.

The company's representative's responses in the thread lack professionalism and it has turned me off.
This is probably fine if you just want to host some amateur stuff but I agree it's not really a deal, it's a you get what you pay for. The 2gbit ddos protection is :lol:
Oct 27, 2016
119 posts
97 upvotes
Winnipeg
snipzy wrote: Yeah, this is garbage hosting. They are the type of company that will change things a few years down to road. I would avoid at all costs.

Just do some simple research and you can see that it definitely is too good to be true.

Also, if you think I am just thread shittying, please read the hosting company's representative's responses in the thread! Zero professionalism.
Did you read the whole thing, though? I feel like other people came in stablehost's defense more than the OP's.
Regarding the Zero professionalism thing, I agree with you it could've been handled better and in private, but I didn't really see anything there that would make me think this is "garbate hosting" or "avoid all costs".
That being said, it does kinda feel like you are thread shittying.
Last edited by Oakbeard on Apr 10th, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2371 posts
1170 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Where are the "honest" web hosting reviews? Whenever I google web hosting reviews. There are so many shills out there.

I'm leaning towards Siteground. Any other recommendations?
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Jan 13, 2015
71 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
snipzy wrote: Yeah, this looks like garbage hosting. They are the type of company that will probably change things a few years down to road, whether it be service quality or your plan. I would avoid at all costs.

While their company's rep may have been borderline rude, the OP was clearly lying and was exposed doing so. In fact, other posters seemed quite happy with the service. I am debating between Stablehost and Greengeeks. The lifetime discount is definitely tempting. Does anyone know if Greengeek offers a discount on renewal after 3 years?