Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Stack Credit/Debit Card Member Level Up Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2019 6:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
They seemed to change the offer for the 3rd leave to $3 off your 3rd purchase instead of $5 (doesn’t mention the spend level)

Greaaaaaaaaasy
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
tjindersingh wrote: It is a prepaid credit card that offers some deals and also has no foreign exchange fees.
There must be fees of some kind? And how does it differ from a Visa Vanilla prepaid
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
canuckcolehead wrote: They seemed to change the offer for the 3rd leave to $3 off your 3rd purchase instead of $5 (doesn’t mention the spend level)

Greaaaaaaaaasy
Same as starbucks, level 3 is now $3 off $5 purchase..
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: There must be fees of some kind? And how does it differ from a Visa Vanilla prepaid
No fees.
Vanilla charges activation fees.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1192 posts
936 upvotes
Victoria, BC
1_blue_pixel wrote: The last time with the Starbucks promo I used it on a Friday and the next day I didn't get the next offer. Luckily I took a screenshot of the offer and reading the details it said the next offer would be available 10:00am EST the next business day. So I'm expecting Monday will be the next time the 2nd promo will be active.
Today (Saturday) and offer #2 is available! Awesome, better then last time when I had to wait for Monday for the 2nd offer to activate.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: No fees.
Vanilla charges activation fees.
There's zero fees whatsoever? So i load $50 and i can spend the full $50 back out? Then how do they make any money? And why would anyone get a Vanilla when they can get a stack?

Also what is the best signup promo right now? And does that stack with the referral bonus?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: There's zero fees whatsoever? So i load $50 and i can spend the full $50 back out? Then how do they make any money? And why would anyone get a Vanilla when they can get a stack?

Also what is the best signup promo right now? And does that stack with the referral bonus?
Stack is a newish Toronto company that 99.9% of people off RFD have not heard of.
When I signed up in Sept, I got Netflix free for 1 year.
Its best not to spend all of the $50 because:

https://www.getstack.ca/cardholder-agreement

"Insufficient or Negative Balance, Inactivity, and Excess Credit:-...If there is no activity on the Card for ninety (90) consecutive days and the Balance on the Card is $0.00 or negative, we will put the Card into a suspended state so that no other transaction can be processed...If the Card has a Balance of $0.00 or negative and there have been no transactions for one hundred and twenty (120) days, we may deactivate the Card without notice."
Last edited by sandeep8g on Mar 2nd, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: Stack is a newish Toronto company that 99.9% of people off RFD have not heard of.
When I signed up in Sept, I got Netflix free for 1 year.
A year? That's insane.. Did that stack with a referral $20?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
fightbriz wrote: A year? That's insane.. Did that stack with a referral $20?
Yes. So don’t sign up yet! I would guess they’ll be a new sign up offer in the next 2-3 months or less.

There was Netflix for a year/or Spotify for a year and then recently Amazon Prime free for a year.

Plus the $20 referral... so hold off for now!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: A year? That's insane.. Did that stack with a referral $20?
The referrals got introduced after I signed up for Netflix, but other people got the referral and Amazon Prime offer.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
canuckcolehead wrote: Yes. So don’t sign up yet! I would guess they’ll be a new sign up offer in the next 2-3 months or less.

There was Netflix for a year/or Spotify for a year and then recently Amazon Prime free for a year.

Plus the $20 referral... so hold off for now!
Did those promos actually Stack with the $20 referral?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Did those promos actually Stack with the $20 referral?
Yes for Amazon Prime.
There is no guarantee there will be any new sign up offers coming out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
fightbriz wrote: Did those promos actually Stack with the $20 referral?
sandeep8g wrote: Yes for Amazon Prime.
There is no guarantee there will be any new sign up offers coming out.
As mentioned, yes the Prime stacked with the $20 referral offer, there was no referral program at the time of the Netflix/Spotify offers.

There is a whole thread on this card in Personal finance.

No guarantees of a new offer, but I would say likely...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks will wait for netflix offer before signing up.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Anyone notice a bait and switch ? The third level up offer was $10 spend $5 back...mine changed to $3 off $5
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Anyone notice a bait and switch ? The third level up offer was $10 spend $5 back...mine changed to $3 off $5
Yes. So brutal. This isn’t the first time stack has done this.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
mrfrugal83 wrote: Anyone notice a bait and switch ? The third level up offer was $10 spend $5 back...mine changed to $3 off $5
That's really not cool to change the terms partway through the multi-step promotion! Shame on Stack!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: That's really not cool to change the terms partway through the multi-step promotion! Shame on Stack!
We are talking about a $2 difference... and the % is better now.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
drunkgoat wrote: We are talking about a $2 difference... and the % is better now.
Sure, a dollar or two, a percent or few - no big deal in this instance.

The point was that Stack has shown on more than one occasion to change its terms and conditions unannounced hours after promoting something. So either people there have not thought things through completely before jumping to action, or they don't care about their users enough to be consistent, or worse, both of the above. In any event, what does it say about the future of this startup company that has your cash and information?
Last edited by AEmgee on Mar 3rd, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)