• Mar 1st, 2021 8:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
mech9t5 wrote: $50 from tangerine showed up in my stack card this morning.
I did $50 dump from PayPal, landed on Stack now. Gonna go sign up for Netflixers.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Feb 17, 2015
967 posts
357 upvotes
Windsor, ON
coolintheshade wrote: Received my card yesterday, activated it no problem, loaded it via Interac instantly, and signed up for my 13 months of free Netflix!
I used etransfer by accident and have to wait 2 days :( doing the same thing however there are some deals on there where you buy something from McDonald's or Starbucks and get $1-2 for free not bad, the no forex fee as well offsets a normal cash back mastercard doing purchases stateside, this beats Koho for sure even though Koho processes etransfer loads within 5 minutes
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
mmikeman wrote: I used etransfer by accident and have to wait 2 days :( doing the same thing however there are some deals on there where you buy something from McDonald's or Starbucks and get $1-2 for free not bad, the no forex fee as well offsets a normal cash back mastercard doing purchases stateside, this beats Koho for sure even though Koho processes etransfer loads within 5 minutes
This. Use every card to its advantage.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5471 posts
3543 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: I did $50 dump from PayPal, landed on Stack now. Gonna go sign up for Netflixers.
Are you finding from credit card?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
mech9t5 wrote: Are you finding from credit card?
I don't get it. I grabbed PAD info once I got the card and activated it, loaded it into PayPal, confirmed micro-deposits, called to remove block, and transferred $50.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5471 posts
3543 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: I don't get it. I grabbed PAD info once I got the card and activated it, loaded it into PayPal, confirmed micro-deposits, called to remove block, and transferred $50.
Meant FUNDING. Auto correct...

Ie. Loading stack via PayPal credit card.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
mech9t5 wrote: Meant FUNDING. Auto correct...

Ie. Loading stack via PayPal credit card.
Auto correct again?

I don't have a PayPal credit card (envying Americans right now). Funding Stack MC with PayPal went smoothly. Looks like it's equally slow to e-transfer with Stack 🤣
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5471 posts
3543 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Auto correct again?

I don't have a PayPal credit card (envying Americans right now). Funding Stack MC with PayPal went smoothly. Looks like it's equally slow to e-transfer with Stack 🤣
Oh. I thought you had PayPal credit card. Otherwise why setup pad with PayPal over bank like tangerine or eq?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
mech9t5 wrote: Oh. I thought you had PayPal credit card. Otherwise why setup pad with PayPal over bank like tangerine or eq?
Had money hanging out in there. Will probably move some to DUCA soon for the 3.25% HISA 3 month promo.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10117 posts
12094 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh. I tried to play non-RFDer and load only $20 using Interac e-transfer, because Stack never mentions any $50 minimum. I got an email from HSBC saying the transfer failed, and to log in to online banking, go to the Pending Transfers section, and cancel the transfer to reclaim the money. But there are no pending transfers listed there, and my account balance is $20 less. Where did the money go?? Now I have to wait on the phone with HSBC trying to get the $20 back. Why isn't Stack forthcoming about the $50 minimum (if indeed that is what went wrong). Not impressed.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3735 posts
998 upvotes
Calgary
Trying to load $50 with Interac Online using RBC and it keeps telling me Unsucessul , something went wrong and it is asking me to call the number. I will wait when they open again. I'd like to be able to load up instantly when I need to
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1677 posts
389 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Ugh. I tried to play non-RFDer and load only $20 using Interac e-transfer, because Stack never mentions any $50 minimum. I got an email from HSBC saying the transfer failed, and to log in to online banking, go to the Pending Transfers section, and cancel the transfer to reclaim the money. But there are no pending transfers listed there, and my account balance is $20 less. Where did the money go?? Now I have to wait on the phone with HSBC trying to get the $20 back. Why isn't Stack forthcoming about the $50 minimum (if indeed that is what went wrong). Not impressed.
$50 minimum can't be right since another poster successfully received micro-deposits to link with Tangerine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7879 posts
8189 upvotes
The Prairies
casperr wrote: Trying to load $50 with Interac Online using RBC and it keeps telling me Unsucessul , something went wrong and it is asking me to call the number. I will wait when they open again. I'd like to be able to load up instantly when I need to
Keep trying it.
Same thing happened to me, soI tried a couple more times and it went through ok.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
Rishi wrote: $50 minimum can't be right since another poster successfully received micro-deposits to link with Tangerine.
My PayPal micro-deposits were accepted as well. I then dumped $50 from PayPal to Stack MC. Don't wanna get shut down.

People's Trust knows ppl will link PAD creds as bank account, and won't flip when they see micro-deposits. Hey, it means you'll fund the card and use it.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10117 posts
12094 upvotes
Vancouver
I am getting annoyed by the app.

• When I open the app I am asked for the app PIN. Fine. But about half the time after entering my PIN, I then have to log in again with my username and password. Why doesn't it remember me after entering my PIN? And then...
  • That super annoying 2-step verification. Is there any way to turn that off? It's hard to believe the hyper-security around the app compared to the poor security of the actual card.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14073 posts
11728 upvotes
Not Leask
Just found out that MBNA (à la TD) have added the 1% / $7.50 min fee to cash advances (plus the lousy 2.5% FTF remains). It's now more than useless, and perhaps only a mag strip to park MBNA CL. I otherwise have zero use for that "low interest" card now. Stack will be my ATM card when travelling overseas.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1677 posts
389 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I am getting annoyed by the app.

• When I open the app I am asked for the app PIN. Fine. But about half the time after entering my PIN, I then have to log in again with my username and password. Why doesn't it remember me after entering my PIN? And then...
  • That super annoying 2-step verification. Is there any way to turn that off? It's hard to believe the hyper-security around the app compared to the poor security of the actual card.
You are lucky, the app just crashes straight away for me (Android 8.1). Works fine on my iPhone though.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7879 posts
8189 upvotes
The Prairies
Kiraly wrote: I am getting annoyed by the app.

Are you trying to use the app on 2 devices?
That’s the same problem I was having using my iPad and iPhone.
This app cannot be used on 2 devices.
Once you login with one device, then try logging into the other minutes, hours or whatever later, you need to go through the whole verification thing again.
Once I discovered this, I deleted the app from the iPad and only use it on the iPhone.
No more issues.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7879 posts
8189 upvotes
The Prairies
Anyone else seeing offers similar to these inside Stack app?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

patelmoh