• Oct 27th, 2021 2:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2395 posts
3790 upvotes
BC
mzmoney wrote: @rhw123 see screenshots below. We have not used any Stack Offers ever, and we received in Ontario.

Guess we're more conditioned to use CCs vs Stack/cash offers. Lol
I really don't have it. I usually don't bother with Stack's offers, only ever did one for a rebate on an Amazon gift card balance reload.

Cold beer is definitely needed with current temperatures here but I have some in the fridge and live right in a new brewery district with at least 5 craft breweries within walking distance, many of which are on the Amex Shop Small map. I'll survive.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
rhw123 wrote: I really don't have it. I usually don't bother with Stack's offers, only ever did one for a rebate on an Amazon gift card balance reload.

Cold beer is definitely needed with current temperatures here but I have some in the fridge and live right in a new brewery district with at least 5 craft breweries within walking distance, many of which are on the Amex Shop Small map. I'll survive.
Nice! Stay inside and drink your beer from your fridge or walk to a craft brewery. And I think you're waiting for a new CC (or am I mixing you up with someone else) so you will be getting much more than 10% back with your MSR and next WB!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2395 posts
3790 upvotes
BC
mzmoney wrote: Nice! Stay inside and drink your beer from your fridge or walk to a craft brewery. And I think you're waiting for a new CC (or am I mixing you up with someone else) so you will be getting much more than 10% back with your MSR and next WB!
Yep, I have a new Aeroplan Amex on the way, hopefully it can still be registered for Shop Small. If not, we have 4 other cards already registered. Should be sufficient to cover our beer and ice cream needs! Also looking forward to at least 4x cappuccino and double baked almond croissant at Thomas Haas Fine Pastries, a Shop Small classic for us.

Sorry for wandering off-topic. Stack remains safely tucked in the drawer, will do my quarterly transaction to keep the card active from the couch again.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12372 posts
15634 upvotes
Vancouver
mzmoney wrote: @rhw123 see screenshots below. We have not used any Stack Offers ever, and we received in Ontario.

Guess we're more conditioned to use CCs vs Stack/cash offers. Lol
I usually ignore the $1 off $10 Stack offers. Not worth the bother. But the $5 off $50 ones I have gone for. There was one for home improvement recently that I used at Home Depot to buy a $50 Esso GC for $45. Beats Stack's own $1 off $10 at Esso.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: I usually ignore the $1 off $10 Stack offers. Not worth the bother. But the $5 off $50 ones I have gone for. There was one for home improvement recently that I used at Home Depot to buy a $50 Esso GC for $45. Beats Stack's own $1 off $10 at Esso.
Ok, maybe I should eTransfer $$ to our accounts as we only have approx $12 on each of our accounts. If the eTransfer process is quick (has the processing time improved?), will add more funds ... and look out for future $5 off offers.

On another note, been using Ampli Offers recently, since just need to link Amex cards and use our cards vs needing to go to a specific portal like with Air Miles/Aeroplan to track purchases/points.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12372 posts
15634 upvotes
Vancouver
mzmoney wrote: Ok, maybe I should eTransfer $$ to our accounts as we only have approx $12 on each of our accounts. If the eTransfer process is quick (has the processing time improved?), will add more funds ... and look out for future $5 off offers.
It usually takes about 30 minutes now.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2395 posts
3790 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote: It usually takes about 30 minutes now.
I tried out the new interac request method two weeks ago and it was practically instant (with TD).
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: It usually takes about 30 minutes now.
rhw123 wrote: I tried out the new interac request method two weeks ago and it was practically instant (with TD).
Ok thanks @Kiraly and @rhw123 will give it a try later! Off topic from Stack again ... going to start Shop Small this week :)

And @rhw123 cappuccinos and double baked almond croissant ... mmm yummy!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1197 posts
2275 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mzmoney wrote: will give it a try later!
I learned not to judge the new eTransfer money request method by the experience on the first attempt... for me that was cumbersome (having to select the bank to send from, then to log into my online bank via password, etc.). It was indeed fast though. The next time, reloads were much more streamlined (properly launched banking app, allowed biometric login, etc.) and again fast.

Granted, I'd never received an eTransfer "funds request" before... I think once you use it and it's set up, Interac seems to remember settings and it works better in future iterations.

But, yeah, Stack's $1 for $10 is usually a hassle. I've been sitting on the $20 I loaded at the beginning of the month, and still haven't spent it on anything...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
CalgaryBen wrote: I learned not to judge the new eTransfer money request method by the experience on the first attempt... for me that was cumbersome (having to select the bank to send from, then to log into my online bank via password, etc.). It was indeed fast though. The next time, reloads were much more streamlined (properly launched banking app, allowed biometric login, etc.) and again fast.

Granted, I'd never received an eTransfer "funds request" before... I think once you use it and it's set up, Interac seems to remember settings and it works better in future iterations.

But, yeah, Stack's $1 for $10 is usually a hassle. I've been sitting on the $20 I loaded at the beginning of the month, and still haven't spent it on anything...

Thanks Ben for the feedback! I decided to accept the Offer on mine and spouse's Stack account and add $$ to both tonight, since we will be passing by LCBO tomorrow. Why not, 10% back into our Stack Account.

Yay, It worked ... and all went smoothly and quick for both Interac eTransfers!!

For TD, I also remember withdrawing $5 from the Stack Card via their ATM for $0 fees awhile ago ... unless fee schedule has changed recently. Is there a min balance for the Stack card?

@rhw123 @Kiraly @CalgaryBen thanks again for convincing me to complete a Stack offer x2 for $10 savings :)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13423 posts
2792 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Kiraly wrote:
It usually takes about 30 minutes now.
rhw123 wrote: I tried out the new interac request method two weeks ago and it was practically instant (with TD).
TD's official word is "...up to 30 min" for any incoming Interac customer request. It wasnt "instant" for me. Opened up coupla accounts at TD as HSBC doesnt offer incoming requests at ALL for any customers (aka the BS security reason). First transfer of $800 from TD to Stack took 25 min (8.30am - 8.55am). In fact vast majority of FI's will say "..up to 30 min" including ebanks like Simplii (first tsf to Stack took 15 min) that a few fonts in this thread were trying to trash as "fake banks". lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1197 posts
2275 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
aznnorth wrote: In fact vast majority of FI's will say "..up to 30 min" including ebanks like Simplii (first tsf to Stack took 15 min) that a few fonts in this thread were trying to trash as "fake banks". lol.
I've had Simplii transfer within a minute, but my most recent test (transfer of $12 earlier today) took 31 minutes. I used to think amount made a difference, but even smallish amounts seem to take 0 or 30 minutes.

Did a test with a credit union account I have (Innovation CU), and it's fairly consistently "instant".

It seems either Interac or banks can impose arbitrary delays.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
aznnorth wrote:

TD's official word is "...up to 30 min" for any incoming Interac customer request. It wasnt "instant" for me. Opened up coupla accounts at TD as HSBC doesnt offer incoming requests at ALL for any customers (aka the BS security reason). First transfer of $800 from TD to Stack took 25 min (8.30am - 8.55am). In fact vast majority of FI's will say "..up to 30 min" including ebanks like Simplii (first tsf to Stack took 15 min) that a few fonts in this thread were trying to trash as "fake banks". lol.
CalgaryBen wrote: I've had Simplii transfer within a minute, but my most recent test (transfer of $12 earlier today) took 31 minutes. I used to think amount made a difference, but even smallish amounts seem to take 0 or 30 minutes.

Did a test with a credit union account I have (Innovation CU), and it's fairly consistently "instant".

It seems either Interac or banks can impose arbitrary delays.
Guess we got lucky with 11:45 pm EST Interac eTransfers Tues night with TD ... 2 eTransfers were instant! However, they were only $50 each, so may be there's a max $ for 'instant'?

Did the LCBO $5 off x2 and surprisingly had a $10.88 purchase at RCSS yesterday, so activated Stack Offer for $1 off.

Hmm, maybe will do a few more $10 supermarket transactions today, last day Jun 30th ... or maybe not :)
Jan 17, 2018
176 posts
81 upvotes
Can you withdraw a paypal balance to this card?

Ex. With koho it works
Paypal withdraw balance to bank account - select koho account (added as bank account).
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1129 posts
1060 upvotes
Lots of deals this month!

Restaurants $3 x 2
Home improvement $5 x 1
Groceries $1 x 4
Coffee $1 x 2
Gas $1 x 3
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4151 posts
4248 upvotes
GTA
CFORD wrote: it seems like the same BP offer all the time
Extra $7 * cash back Boston Pizza for Ampli's 2nd bday $12 * for the month of July vs $5 with $50 Spend recently.

* YMMV check your Ampli App
Sep 26, 2011
328 posts
69 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Extra $7 * cash back Boston Pizza for Ampli's 2nd bday $12 * for the month of July vs $5 with $50 Spend recently.

* YMMV check your Ampli App
to clarify I mean the minimum spend requirements for some of those offers are whats generally available to all while some get lower minimum spend offers for same business

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)