Credit Cards

Stack MC : No ATM Fees, No FTF! NO REFERRALS IN THREAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2021 2:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23829 posts
19612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cadave wrote: Does Stack automatically send you a new card if your expiry is coming up? My current physical card expires at the end of the month.
Probably too soon to tell since this is probably the first time it's come up for them. My card also expires 09/21 as I imagine is the case for many other early adopters.

Note that 09/21 really means 30Sep21. There's almost two months left for them to wake up.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2378 posts
1307 upvotes
Waterloo
bylo wrote: Probably too soon to tell since this is probably the first time it's come up for them. My card also expires 09/21 as I imagine is the case for many other early adopters.

Note that 09/21 really means 30Sep21. There's almost two months left for them to wake up.
Yep I know it’s good to the end of the month. Mine is 08/21 which mean they only have 25 days to get me a new card. I wonder if I should call in and ask.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1604 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote: $5 off $50 at the liquor store is back, for the second time this summer!
Damn, don't have liquor expense. Gotta see if LCBO sells other gift cards.
Penalty Box
Jul 8, 2019
186 posts
247 upvotes
cadave wrote: Yep I know it’s good to the end of the month. Mine is 08/21 which mean they only have 25 days to get me a new card. I wonder if I should call in and ask.
Yeah, I would. Usually replacement cards arrive about a month in advance of the expiry.

Use the on-line chat instead. Faster for them to answer than the phone.
Penalty Box
Jul 8, 2019
186 posts
247 upvotes
cadave wrote: Yep I know it’s good to the end of the month. Mine is 08/21 which mean they only have 25 days to get me a new card. I wonder if I should call in and ask.
Did you contact them to ask? What did they say?

(I have an expiry coming up in next couple of months also)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2378 posts
1307 upvotes
Waterloo
dubbers wrote: Did you contact them to ask? What did they say?

(I have an expiry coming up in next couple of months also)
“You will be receiving an email asking to confirm your address is up to date as we will issue a new card to you automatically.”
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2471 posts
3911 upvotes
BC
Kiraly wrote: New $5 off $50 "back to school" offer today, good at

Dollar Tree
Dollarama
Pharmaprix
Rexall
Shoppers Drug Mart
Staples
Walmart

Keep these $5 off $50 offers coming!
At least this one can be done from the couch. Staples sells all sorts of gift cards online, free shipping. Esso gift cards can be added to Speedpass app.

Still, a hassle for net $3 or something like that. IMHO.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1604 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
rhw123 wrote: At least this one can be done from the couch. Staples sells all sorts of gift cards online, free shipping. Esso gift cards can be added to Speedpass app.

Still, a hassle for net $3 or something like that. IMHO.
Can you please elaborate ?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2471 posts
3911 upvotes
BC
JaiKor wrote: Can you please elaborate ?
Opportunity cost of not using a credit card that earns rewards.
Member
Sep 26, 2011
337 posts
74 upvotes
Good timing last month xbl ran out they sent out the reminder email too early (just as my gold tenure would've rolled over) so I went with the month. Guess if I get it on walmart.ca I could save the tax as well
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2378 posts
1307 upvotes
Waterloo
cadave wrote: “You will be receiving an email asking to confirm your address is up to date as we will issue a new card to you automatically.”
More data to share. I got an email today that my new card was shipped out to replace my expiring card and I would receive it in 1-2 weeks.

I didn’t think anything of it and thought I could continue using my existing unexpired card (expires 08/21). Apparently this is not true. My physical card is gone from my Stack app and says “delivering to [address]”. Hope that helps to save people some embarrassment from your card being declined in person.

Just added my virtual card to my Apple wallet to save me the trouble and embarrassment next time. Also missed out on an offer because of the card decline. Loudly Crying Face
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1220 posts
2323 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Kiraly wrote: New $5 off $50 "back to school" offer today, good at

Dollar Tree
Dollarama
Pharmaprix
Rexall
Shoppers Drug Mart
Staples
Walmart

Keep these $5 off $50 offers coming!
Anybody have DP on shopping at Walmart, if you have both the "Back to School" as well as the "Groceries" (Spend $10+, get $1, including at Walmart) offers activated? Contrary to the name of the card, I am guessing the two offers don't stack! Face With Tears Of Joy I'd hate to spend $50+ at Walmart and only get $1 CB. Unfortunately, once activated, it looks like it's not possible to de-activate an offer, or I'd de-activate the "Groceries".
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1075 posts
795 upvotes
Victoria, BC
cadave wrote: More data to share. I got an email today that my new card was shipped out to replace my expiring card and I would receive it in 1-2 weeks.

I didn’t think anything of it and thought I could continue using my existing unexpired card (expires 08/21). Apparently this is not true. My physical card is gone from my Stack app and says “delivering to [address]”. Hope that helps to save people some embarrassment from your card being declined in person.

Just added my virtual card to my Apple wallet to save me the trouble and embarrassment next time. Also missed out on an offer because of the card decline. Loudly Crying Face

This just happened to me, I lost my hulu deal because Stack cancelled my card before the replacement has even arrived. I tried putting in the virtual card but it doesn't work.

That's not how expiring cards is supposed to work, Stack! Pouting Face
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1076 posts
1387 upvotes
cadave wrote:
More data to share. I got an email today that my new card was shipped out to replace my expiring card and I would receive it in 1-2 weeks.

I didn’t think anything of it and thought I could continue using my existing unexpired card (expires 08/21). Apparently this is not true. My physical card is gone from my Stack app and says “delivering to [address]”. Hope that helps to save people some embarrassment from your card being declined in person.

Just added my virtual card to my Apple wallet to save me the trouble and embarrassment next time. Also missed out on an offer because of the card decline. Loudly Crying Face
1_blue_pixel wrote: This just happened to me, I lost my hulu deal because Stack cancelled my card before the replacement has even arrived. I tried putting in the virtual card but it doesn't work.

That's not how expiring cards is supposed to work, Stack! Pouting Face
Yeah, that really reflects poorly on Stack. Industry practice is to send out the renewal card and wait for it to be activated prior to deactivating or disabling the expiring card. Adding the absurd inactivity policy in to the mix gives the impression they are operating like a bunch of clowns and amateurs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5977 posts
4023 upvotes
My card expiry was 8/21 and they didn't even send me a new one yet.

I chatted them. I think maybe they were just going to close my account if I didn't chat them?

I have 2 cards and neither got a new one without me chatting them
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1075 posts
795 upvotes
Victoria, BC
mech9t5 wrote: My card expiry was 8/21 and they didn't even send me a new one yet.

I chatted them. I think maybe they were just going to close my account if I didn't chat them?

I have 2 cards and neither got a new one without me chatting them
Me too, I chatted with Stack to confirm they were sending out a replacement before the expiry. I had a Koho card and that expired last year and they never sent a physical replacement. I never really used it much so I forgot about it. It's really bizarre though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8947 posts
2620 upvotes
multi city dweller
mech9t5 wrote: My card expiry was 8/21 and they didn't even send me a new one yet.

I chatted them. I think maybe they were just going to close my account if I didn't chat them?

I have 2 cards and neither got a new one without me chatting them
in the same name ..?

just curios
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23829 posts
19612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
1_blue_pixel wrote: That's not how expiring cards is supposed to work, Stack! Pouting Face
True. This probably the first batch of renewals. Not an excuse, but maybe an explanation.
veni, vidi, Visa

Top