Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STACK Prepaid Mastercard

Locked: 1 Free Year of Amazon Prime Monthly

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 4:15 pm
Dec 22, 2005
123 posts
347 upvotes

1 Free Year of Amazon Prime Monthly

Deal Link:
Savings:
Free
Expiry:
December 26, 2018
Retailer:
STACK Prepaid Mastercard
I've been using the Stack prepaid mastercard for some a few months now. They just announced a Black Friday/Holidays promo to cover your Amazon Prime monthly subscription fee for a year if you register for an account. If you're interested, more details can be found at the Deal link.

MOD EDIT: Discussions surrounding referrals is not allowed here. Please don't ask or offer it here.

Thread Summary
  • STACK is available in Canada, excluding Quebec.
  • To qualify, you must open a new STACK account between November 8, 2018 and December 26, 2018 and set STACK as your default payment method on Amazon.ca on or before March 30, 2019.
  • For qualifying customers, STACK will reimburse your STACK account each month within 2-3 business days for one new or existing monthly Amazon Prime subscription for up to $7.99 CAD/month plus any applicable tax for up to 12 months or until March 30, 2020, whichever comes first.
  • Your STACK account balance must be equivalent or higher to the monthly Amazon Prime subscription fee, plus any applicable tax, in order to be eligible to benefit from this offer each month.
  • Offer limited to one monthly Amazon Prime subscription per qualifying customer and email address.
  • This offer may not be combined with other offers or in conjunction with STACK accounts previously created.
  • Offer is available to select qualifying customers who were served an advertisement mentioning the offer.
  • Amazon Prime annual memberships are not eligible for this offer.

NOTE: For those of you with annual memberships - you can create your STACK account now, and you have until the end of March to set it as your default payment method for Prime membership. And you should be able to change to a monthly Prime plan any time.

So - if, e.g., your annual membership doesn't renew until August, you can still create a STACK account now; change your Prime plan to monthly now (you won't be charged monthly until your annual membership is up in August); set STACK as your default Prime payment before March 30; and then, starting in August, you'll have your monthly plan paid for until March 2020.

From the Ts & Cs:
"To qualify, you must open a new STACK account between November 8, 2018 and December 26, 2018 and set STACK as your default payment method on Amazon.ca on or before March 30, 2019.
For qualifying customers, STACK will reimburse your STACK account each month within 2-3 business days for one new or existing monthly Amazon Prime subscription for up to $7.99 CAD/month plus any applicable tax for up to 12 months or until March 30, 2020, whichever comes first."
-----
Offer via email available to all Stack cardholders:
Cyber Monday is almost here. While you hunt down the best deals, STACK’s here to help you get the biggest savings. On November 26, 2018 only, STACK members get $10 CAD off an Amazon purchase of $100 CAD, or more. That’s extra cash off everything from electronics to clothing on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com.
HOW TO REDEEM: Head to the Offers Portal in the STACK app on Monday[26Nov18] and activate this offer. Be sure to use your STACK Prepaid Mastercard® as your payment method when checking out. Happy Shopping.
839 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1785 upvotes
QC, Canada
Nice. No QC, though :(
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
Oops. I had yearly prime membership already.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2007
5051 posts
1276 upvotes
GTA
I'm guessing this won't work for existing users?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1297 posts
2444 upvotes
Damn that's hot! Glad they're keeping with these promos, they saved my ass when I went down to NY lol.

I'm guessing it's not applicable for student prime as that's a one year thing right? I'd rather just keep my student discount stuck on my account than move it out for a year
Aug 20, 2018
88 posts
102 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
This is another incredible and one of a kind offer from STACK. My partner and I jumped on their Netflix and Spotify offer in August and have been enjoying these services for free ever since! It's a great fee-free prepaid MasterCard debit card / mobile bank app.

Going to be buying alot of gifts this month and next from Amazon so wish I could get this offer...will be telling friends and family about it to get the referral $$$$ from STACK. Already made some good Xmas gift money via their referral program!
Mar 18, 2011
278 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sid8tive wrote: Nice. No QC, though :(
"Right now, STACK is available in Canada, excluding Quebec."
Bummer Crying Face
Dec 22, 2005
123 posts
347 upvotes
Yeah. Not available in QC.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1297 posts
2444 upvotes
Kherani wrote: I'm guessing this won't work for existing users?
Yeah looks like for new Stack members, I don't see this on my app. If you're asking for existing amazon account:

"Activate your card and link it as your DEFAULT payment method for your monthly Amazon Prime membership."

This is like the Netflix promo, existing and new accounts work.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10576 posts
15687 upvotes
GT-EH
Their last promo was 1 year of netflix free... this one is kinda weak in comparison to that no?
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Aug 24, 2018
139 posts
80 upvotes
wow pretty good offer with no strings attached. I already jumped on the Free Netflix with STACK which has been awesome. I'd jump on this if not already a member!
Dec 22, 2005
123 posts
347 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Oops. I had yearly prime membership already.
You just add the STACK card to Amazon and your monthly subcription fee will be credited. You'll need to load it with enough funds to cover the Amazon fee.
Aug 20, 2018
88 posts
102 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
It's OK to have an existing Amazon Prime account - if you get the STACK card and link it to your Amazon Prime account as the default payment mechanism your Amazon Prime subscription becomes free for a year!
Jul 8, 2018
170 posts
246 upvotes
MontrealR wrote: You just add the STACK card to Amazon and your monthly subcription fee will be credited. You'll need to load it with enough funds to cover the Amazon fee.
probably wouldn't work if he was billed yearly though, would have to switch to monthly and then payments would only be triggered when his yearly ended

EDIT: if the offer would even apply after the yearly expired that is
Last edited by dimesntreys on Nov 14th, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2018
88 posts
102 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
BlackXstar wrote: Oops. I had yearly prime membership already.
It's OK to have an existing Amazon Prime account - if you get the STACK card and link it to your Amazon Prime account as the default payment mechanism your Amazon Prime subscription becomes free for a year!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1574 posts
1179 upvotes
TheSixthScorpion wrote: It's OK to have an existing Amazon Prime account - if you get the STACK card and link it to your Amazon Prime account as the default payment mechanism your Amazon Prime subscription becomes free for a year!
It won't work with yearly payments, it needs to be monthly.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10731 posts
7891 upvotes
Global Village
Already on their netflix deal, I would have loved to take advantage of this, includes Prime video and music.
"Hey dad, if you want your Xmas gift you need to get Stack.."
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8668 posts
10272 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
So obviously some of you are using STACK already, what are the advantages? Or did you just sign up for this, load it with the necessary $$$, and let it do its thing?
Dec 22, 2005
123 posts
347 upvotes
dimesntreys wrote: probably wouldn't work if he was billed yearly though, would have to switch to monthly and then payments would only be triggered when his yearly ended

EDIT: if the offer would even apply after the yearly expired that is
Correct. It's only on the monthly subscription fee (not annual one).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)