Expired Hot Deals

[STACK Prepaid Mastercard] Free 1 YR Netflix, Spotify or Tidal, no QC

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 4:44 pm

Poll: Which would you or did you pick?

• Total votes: 1667. You have voted on this poll.
Netflix

78%
Spotify

20%
Tidal

2%
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19734 posts
12857 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
JoshuaJ93748 wrote: According to their amemded terms and conditions (made in July), you had to have spent at least $100 using your stack card outside of the Netflix deal. Otherwise they won't honour the Netflix deal anymore. Such bullshit, who does that?
Gtaphotog wrote: I'm not sure I fully understand.

The Netflix/Spotify deal is over and most users have had their last month paid for already so what's the issue?
Even if true, which as @Gtaphotog suggests is highly doubtful, why would such a condition be "bullshit"? Why would someone sign up for the Stack card and then not spend $100 on it over the course of a year? Of course I'm making the assumption that people signed up for the Stack card in good faith with the intention of actually using the card rather than only to score a free year of Netflix on Stack's dime.

Then again maybe like @Gtaphotog I also don't understand.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5550 posts
4627 upvotes
bylo wrote: Even if true, which as @Gtaphotog suggests is highly doubtful, why would such a condition be "bullshit"? Why would someone sign up for the Stack card and then not spend $100 on it over the course of a year? Of course I'm making the assumption that people signed up for the Stack card in good faith with the intention of actually using the card rather than only to score a free year of Netflix on Stack's dime.

The stack card was actually my first non fx fee card so I put a few hundred through it easily right when I got it and immediately stopped when I got the rogers we card but ya this has me a little confused.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2012 posts
1946 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: I'm not sure I fully understand.

The Netflix/Spotify deal is over and most users have had their last month paid for already so what's the issue?
It's confusing to me too, but apparently @JoshuaJ93748 is correct. Some of the dates of the amended terms don't make sense. The terms were amended to include the you had to spend $100 by August 31, 2019, which has passed.

It also says the offer goes for 12 months or until March 30, 2020, whichever comes first. So late starters like me should still be able to get a full 12 months.

Here's the link, good thing I spent over $100!
https://www.getstack.ca/launchoffertc
Jan 25, 2009
495 posts
119 upvotes
I have a large sum of USD sitting in my US TD account. To avoid FX charges from converting USD to CAD, can I use the payroll deposit option to transfer funds to the account number so that when the funds convert to CAD there won’t be FX charges? Anyone know about this?
Jul 2, 2013
329 posts
107 upvotes
VANCOUVER
raviji wrote: I have a large sum of USD sitting in my US TD account. To avoid FX charges from converting USD to CAD, can I use the payroll deposit option to transfer funds to the account number so that when the funds convert to CAD there won’t be FX charges? Anyone know about this?
I'm not sure if that will work. If you have a really large amount, I would suggest Norbert's Gambit; otherwise you can withdraw CAD with your US TD Bank ATM card as a foreign withdrawal which has no FTF; then deposit into your bank account of choice.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4051 posts
2998 upvotes
Markham
bylo wrote: Even if true, which as @Gtaphotog suggests is highly doubtful, why would such a condition be "bullshit"? Why would someone sign up for the Stack card and then not spend $100 on it over the course of a year? Of course I'm making the assumption that people signed up for the Stack card in good faith with the intention of actually using the card rather than only to score a free year of Netflix on Stack's dime.

There are two issues:

- The condition was added much later, nearly a year later and back dated to apply to the deal from last year.

- The requirement for $100 spend outside Netflix was not communicated to legacy members.

“Good faith” applies to both parties btw not just one.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8294 posts
1967 upvotes
It is absurd to change the tos like that, but ridiculous to do it with no notice at all. Anyone affected send a complaint here
https://itools-ioutils.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/ ... s-eng.aspx

I suspect this is stack running out of money, and a demise is coming. Like the walking app that made changes, then disappeared

bylo doesn't understand, the offer was sign up and get a subscription, plus stacks piles of emails promoting whatever. There was no requirement to spend $x amount (until they secret;y changed it)
Sep 26, 2011
232 posts
53 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: It is absurd to change the tos like that, but ridiculous to do it with no notice at all. Anyone affected send a complaint here
https://itools-ioutils.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/ ... s-eng.aspx

I suspect this is stack running out of money, and a demise is coming. Like the walking app that made changes, then disappeared

bylo doesn't understand, the offer was sign up and get a subscription, plus stacks piles of emails promoting whatever. There was no requirement to spend $x amount (until they secret;y changed it)
& 1 has to wonder how much they had to give apple for that handjob
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1810 posts
141 upvotes
North York
X24Secret wrote: There are two issues:

- The condition was added much later, nearly a year later and back dated to apply to the deal from last year.

- The requirement for $100 spend outside Netflix was not communicated to legacy members.

“Good faith” applies to both parties btw not just one.
I just found out that they add the same condition to the Amazon Prime offer without any communication to members.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4051 posts
2998 upvotes
Markham
allenjilin wrote: I just found out that they add the same condition to the Amazon Prime offer without any communication to members.
Yes. Whatever the issue or motive whether running out of cash or whatever, it could have been done much better. Even if they emailed snd said look, this was too popular and we got a bit ahead of ourselves but we are upfront about it, would have been more acceptable than just exercise their right under TOS to modify/terminate the promo without notice.

Almost no one does business that way except maybe the scumbag lawyers who invented all this none sense to begin with.

This company clearly lacks real leadership and a demise/sale might be coming.
Sep 26, 2011
232 posts
53 upvotes
My guess is their more concerned about STK wallet which is still beta
Sep 26, 2011
232 posts
53 upvotes
& given STACK's occasional track record of either flat out not applying offers to offers requirement terms being unequally relaxed ie online reloads not allow in terms but yet some it slipped thru or transactions after tax amount being allowed im not sure they'd pass these rebates unless we snitch to MC