Expired Hot Deals

[STACK Prepaid Mastercard] Free 1 YR Netflix, Spotify or Tidal, no QC

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 4:44 pm

Poll: Which would you or did you pick?

• Total votes: 1667. You have voted on this poll.
Netflix

78%
Spotify

20%
Tidal

2%
Apr 25, 2012
959 posts
317 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: You're missing the point that the simple yes is on the very first page. Like, the instructions are the least complicated thing in this thread. I've seen you answer the same questions a million times in the Cineplex BOGO thread, so you know this is a RFD-wide problem and has nothing to do with the complexity of the answer. Simple yes or not, people don't read.
this is rfd where we save every penny. and since time is money....i aint wasting my precious time searching for an answer through 37 pages. although, i should mention that i always read the first post and make sure i don't ask questions that have answers in the first post. lol
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Aug 9, 2014
374 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
demzie wrote: this is rfd where we save every penny. and since time is money....i aint wasting my precious time searching for an answer through 37 pages. although, i should mention that i always read the first post and make sure i don't ask questions that have answers in the first post. lol
So in short: your time is precious and you don't want to waste it
but you're ok with wasting other people's precious time...
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1371 posts
857 upvotes
Land
did anyone try a credit card to load Stack mc?

it was working with ac conversion cibc visa and got reward cash back from cc
Last edited by fonzy35 on Aug 27th, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4844 posts
2421 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote: did anyone try a credit card to load satck mc?

I think you may also risk getting cash advance on the CC
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13115 posts
10241 upvotes
Leask
fonzy35 wrote: did anyone try a credit card to load satck mc?

Well, you could charge your credit card to fund PayPal at a 3% fee, then PAD dump the funds into Stack. Stack MC would love this, but you could get shut down by PayPal, plus AmEx or VISA.

We already have PayPower reloads to hit MSR on Visa or AmEx at the grocery till. Why does every prepaid card on the market have to be part of some recipe for manufactured spend?
💳 AmEx Cobalt, CTFS 🔻 WE, TD Cash VISA 🇺🇸, the rest for BT's, churning and MS plus a bunch of prepaids
International 🏦 in 🇩🇪🇲🇹🇵🇹🇨🇭🇬🇧🇺🇸 and I have Netflix in 🇹🇷
💻Linux 📱Motorola
Come join me on invitation.codes
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3539 posts
3908 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone get this card yet?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11283 posts
2942 upvotes
Scarberia
Nexzen wrote: Did anyone get this card yet?
prolly by end of this week or early next week, 1st RFDer to get card wins free netflix sub!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 19, 2004
206 posts
38 upvotes
Thornhill
fonzy35 wrote: did anyone try a credit card to load Stack mc?

I am pretty sure the CIBC AC conversion card doesn't allow that anymore.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53577 posts
18505 upvotes
For Netflix, I switched my wife's preference to English as I'll be sharing the account with a friend.

Now, there is no longer the option for Traditional Chinese and it seems by switching to English, some programming lose the Chinese dub.

She hasn't logged into Netflix yet and I need your help guys. :)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16123 posts
2690 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: For Netflix, I switched my wife's preference to English as I'll be sharing the account with a friend.

Now, there is no longer the option for Traditional Chinese and it seems by switching to English, some programming lose the Chinese dub.

I watch Netflix on an Apple TV 4k and the default language in my profile is English; however, I can select other languages and subtitles once the program starts playing. For instance, the Netflix series "Dark" was filmed in German and dubbed into different languages. When Dark starts to play, it defaults to the English dub but I change it back to German with English subtitles.

You could also have your friend create his or her own profile/username. I have 6 profiles/usernames on my account.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53577 posts
18505 upvotes
audit13 wrote: I watch Netflix on an Apple TV 4k and the default language in my profile is English; however, I can select other languages and subtitles once the program starts playing. For instance, the Netflix series "Dark" was filmed in German and dubbed into different languages. When Dark starts to play, it defaults to the English dub but I change it back to German with English subtitles.

You could also have your friend create his or her own profile/username. I have 6 profiles/usernames on my account.
For the Boss Baby TV series (Netflix original), the Chinese subtitle is no longer offered when I tried to switch to Simplified Chinese (maybe I should have a look again later). I think with English being the default, there was no option to switch to the Chinese dub.

Good thing I did create a Kids profile that retained the Traditional Chinese as default language. My wife wants toddler to read and speak Chinese, not me, so I can opt for English all the time.

My dad was surprised The Equalizer 2 is already available on Netflix.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2027 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: For the Boss Baby TV series (Netflix original), the Chinese subtitle is no longer offered when I tried to switch to Simplified Chinese (maybe I should have a look again later). I think with English being the default, there was no option to switch to the Chinese dub.

Good thing I did create a Kids profile that retained the Traditional Chinese as default language. My wife wants toddler to read and speak Chinese, not me, so I can opt for English all the time.

If your Netflix user profile is set to Chinese, the Chinese subs will show up again. It's annoying that it disappears when you have it on the English setting. I have 3 profiles in English for various people and one in Chinese for a 4th person just for the subtitles. Each user can set their own individual language preference.

It's kind of dumb, I wish Netflix would change that. Why not show the entire subtitle list to everyone and not change it based on the language preference?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4561 posts
2817 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote: For Netflix, I switched my wife's preference to English as I'll be sharing the account with a friend.

audit13 wrote: I watch Netflix on an Apple TV 4k and the default language in my profile is English; however, I can select other languages and subtitles once the program starts playing. For instance, the Netflix series "Dark" was filmed in German and dubbed into different languages. When Dark starts to play, it defaults to the English dub but I change it back to German with English subtitles.

alanbrenton wrote: For the Boss Baby TV series (Netflix original), the Chinese subtitle is no longer offered when I tried to switch to Simplified Chinese (maybe I should have a look again later). I think with English being the default, there was no option to switch to the Chinese dub.

silverele wrote: If your Netflix user profile is set to Chinese, the Chinese subs will show up again. It's annoying that it disappears when you have it on the English setting. I have 3 profiles in English for various people and one in Chinese for a 4th person just for the subtitles. Each user can set their own individual language preference.

It's kind of dumb, I wish Netflix would change that. Why not show the entire subtitle list to everyone and not change it based on the language preference?
This isn't a Netflix support thread.. please stop Thread Crapping.. thanks! :)

Ron.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53577 posts
18505 upvotes
newfbc wrote: This isn't a Netflix support thread.. please stop Thread Crapping.. thanks! :)

Ron.
Can you point out a better Netflix thread?

Why not sign up to be mod Ron.?

Once you get your stack mc and set your choice up, why would you even come back to this thread?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4561 posts
2817 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote: Can you point out a better Netflix thread?

Why not sign up to be mod Ron.?
I see a new post in the STACK MASTERCARD thread and I expect to see a post related. Not a bunch of posts about how to change the language on Netflix.

Ron.