Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STACK Prepaid Mastercard

Free 1 YR Netflix, Spotify or Tidal, no QC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 5:09 pm

Poll: Which would you or did you pick?

• Total votes: 1683. You have voted on this poll.
Netflix

78%
Spotify

20%
Tidal

2%
Jan 16, 2016
48 posts
17 upvotes
ON
olp79 wrote: May be dumb/repeated questions, but....

How long before $50 appeared in the stack account after email transfer?
Loo
Can you set up stack in netflix account before the $50 is there? Card is activated, just waiting for it to show up.

Thanks
Think somebody had said 1-2 days ....their chat team is pretty responsive.
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ShadowMordor wrote: I have a balance on my Netflix account, can I not use it and use the stack to pay the monthly charges instead?
No I asked. You have to go through all your credit before they start charging a CC. In fact even if you cancelled Netflix they would only terminate your service after you have less than a monthly payment worth of credit left.
Apr 20, 2006
215 posts
165 upvotes
Received the card in the mail 5 days after signing up. Activated successfully and performed a email interac transfer for $15. Note this option does not have a minimum of $50. Saw it on the card balance after only 1 hour. Next I linked to my Netflix account successfully. Saw that they had charged $1.00 to confirm that card is working. Will have my SO get another card to use for Spotify now since this is legit.

Thanks OP for sharing this great deal.
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
So it's been a week and a half ...no CC anyone else waiting for there car?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh we get a car ;)

But no card for me and I’m in Vancouver city and applied at least 5 days ago.

Can’t remember the exact day.

Just checked August 20
Dec 19, 2004
259 posts
66 upvotes
Thornhill
Dude where's my car?... Seriously though some people posted they got their cards.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
ah,so we've been duped! one user interac email only 15$ bucks not 50! so minimum is 15$ if u do etransfers!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: Oh we get a car ;)

Just checked August 20
No card either. Applied Aug 20. Hopefully it's here on Tuesday.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2525 posts
1239 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
cheapjing wrote: This World is no free lunch. They pay you $10.99x12 = $132 and you authorize Stack to use your personal and non-personally identifiable information for ALL PURPOSES.
How so? I didn't notice such a statement in their terms and conditions. And even if it was somewhere in there, Canada privacy law does not allow a blanket opt-in. Each type of usage must be explicitly stated, and explicitly agreed to. No hidden in a long document of terms and conditions... I did find this on there site while trying to verify your claim:

https://support.getstack.ca/hc/en-us/ar ... -at-STACK-

-and-

https://www.getstack.ca/privacy-policy

If you are unfamilair with the act:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_ ... uments_Act

In particular the reason they can't just hide such a usage in terms and conditions is two fold:
  • supply an individual with a product or a service even if they refuse consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information unless that information is essential to the transaction;
Unless a person explicitly opps in for the usage, there is no meaningful way for them to meet this criteria.

- and -
  • have personal information policies that are clear, understandable and readily available.
Which means if they had such a condition, it should be easy for me to find it now. Instead they say quite the opposite in the privacy policy.
Last edited by docbill10 on Aug 31st, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
razrez wrote: No I asked. You have to go through all your credit before they start charging a CC. In fact even if you cancelled Netflix they would only terminate your service after you have less than a monthly payment worth of credit left.
That sucks since I loaded my account with a bunch of gc from the Loblaws promo a month ago. Doh
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10745 posts
7903 upvotes
Global Village
abdlc wrote: Received the card in the mail 5 days after signing up. Activated successfully and performed a email interac transfer for $15. Note this option does not have a minimum of $50. Saw it on the card balance after only 1 hour. Next I linked to my Netflix account successfully. Saw that they had charged $1.00 to confirm that card is working. Will have my SO get another card to use for Spotify now since this is legit.

Thanks OP for sharing this great deal.
Good point, the terms of the offer on their site do not say there is a minimum amount you must load on the card to get the offer, $15 should cover the $10.99 Netflix charge plus pre-authorization charges without issues.

"Right now, STACK is available in Canada excluding Quebec. Offer is good for one STACK account to pay you back for your chosen subscription 12 times to cover you for one year: one Netflix Standard account for $10.99 CAD/month, one Spotify Premium account for $9.99 CAD/month, or one Tidal Premium account for $9.99 CAD/month. STACK is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Netflix, Spotify or Tidal, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.
Any names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of each respective entity. The use in this website and/or in related promotional email, print or video material of trademarked names and images is strictly for editorial and descriptive purposes, and no commercial claim to their use, or suggestion of sponsorship or endorsement, is made by STACK."
Last edited by scoper on Aug 31st, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Feb 5, 2017
465 posts
569 upvotes
Vancouver
1) Applied for card on August 17th. Just received it today - exactly 2 weeks.
2) Loaded $50 via Visa Debit (TD Bank Card). Stack balance updated right away.
3) Activated Netflix using $13.99/month plan. Within a minute of plan activation, Stack refunded $10.99 to my balance

Applied for this card mainly for withdrawing funds in ATMs internationally..need to see how that will work out. The Netflix rebate was a nice bonus. Happy so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1819 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
There sure is a lot of discussion on what the minimum is. Holy crow people.. it's only $50 or $15 or whatever the heck it is. You can't even fork out $50 to get one of the subscription for free for a year?????
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
michiebaby wrote: There sure is a lot of discussion on what the minimum is. Holy crow people.. it's only $50 or $15 or whatever the heck it is. You can't even fork out $50 to get one of the subscription for free for a year?????
baby this is RFD , bunch of cheapmofos here! always looking to minimize OOP costs!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 9, 2014
385 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ShadowMordor wrote: That sucks since I loaded my account with a bunch of gc from the Loblaws promo a month ago. Doh
Same here. I plan to ask a friend to use the card to pay Netflix until my credit are done and then switch the card over to my account.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
michiebaby wrote: There sure is a lot of discussion on what the minimum is. Holy crow people.. it's only $50 or $15 or whatever the heck it is. You can't even fork out $50 to get one of the subscription for free for a year?????
It's also $50 of your own money that you can spend whenever you want, so no one is really losing it. =)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1143 posts
454 upvotes
Windsor, ON
No card yet after 10 days so far...hoping it comes soon I want no FX fees and that free year of Netflix seems to blow the KOHO card out of the water
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: Oh we get a car ;)

Just checked August 20
I got mine today, took two weeks from ordering on August 17th. Once it arrives, safeguard it like cash; its PIN security is a joke.
Mar 11, 2013
811 posts
812 upvotes
Brampton
Not sure if already posted, In order to get your card PIN you need to call 1-877-782-2501 and follow the instructions. But, if you hit # after entering the card number (as instructed by IVR) you would get a reply stating that it is an invalid option. To go through this, hit * instead of # and you would be good for next steps. The instruction in the app (under Card PIN) is correct in this case.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6905 posts
5592 upvotes
I did an etransfer to myself for $20. It was over 8 hours (sent Friday morning). So I contacted support. To their credit someone came on immediately at 9pm on a Friday.

They escalated and I got my funds in about an hour. The message I got back after they did it was that my transfer should be minimum $50

Not sure how that is enforceable...
Hi Mech9t5

Thanks for loading up your STACK card, please remember that your future loads should be $50.00

Rep
Last edited by mech9t5 on Sep 1st, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)