Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STACK Prepaid Mastercard

Free $20 of Twitch Bits - Limited Time Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 10:31 am
Jan 13, 2018
14 posts
25 upvotes
projector wrote: It seems STACK has updated this promo, and it seems it now requires that you spend a minimum of $20 CAD in order to get reimbursed the $20 CAD.
So it looks like it applies to the $19.95 USD price point and up, and you get reimbursed $20.00 CAD.
So unfortunately, no way to get any Twitch Bits completely free. Oh well, guess I'll pass on this promo.
Can anyone else confirm whether this is the case or not? Was just about to checkout...
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bonsai99 wrote: Can anyone else confirm whether this is the case or not? Was just about to checkout...
I spoke with customer service and they confirmed this.

Jan 13, 2018
14 posts
25 upvotes
projector wrote: I spoke with customer service and they confirmed this.

Welp that sucks big time - missed out because I waited too long!
Dec 31, 2006
935 posts
764 upvotes
has anybody tried doing this a second time the offer popped back up on my phone at the beginning of the month
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
daveinsurgent wrote: lolol young people

look its the new version of 'do you know how much money rock stars make? i just need to buy a guitar'

it's ok you watch people play games so they can sell you virtual items and 'gamer' equipment, us old farts will continue owning property, not having debt, etc.

soma has been virtualized
I don't get it either. I've never cared to watch people play games in their bedrooms, I much prefer to just play the games myself when I have time for it. But whatever, this is how the world works... it could be worse, at least it's harmless and only a waste of time.

As tempted as I am to get free stuff, I just don't care.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: I don't get it either. I've never cared to watch people play games in their bedrooms, I much prefer to just play the games myself when I have time for it. But whatever, this is how the world works... it could be worse, at least it's harmless and only a waste of time.

As tempted as I am to get free stuff, I just don't care.
Think of it as live YouTube gaming section. Instead of pre-recorded game play footage you get the person in real time. You can donate money, subscribe, give twitch bits for interaction with the streamer (they give you a shoutout). One thing i don't understand is that people donate ridiculous amounts just for 5 seconds of spotlight, could be fraudulent but could also be people with bad spending habits.

There's big tournaments across various games throughout the year. Many people watch it for entertainment since TV is pretty much dead and these people don't watch sports but esports. Lot of pros stream of course, and so it's a good way of learning how to get better at a game, like watching tape in traditional sports..

I don't know what the guy you quoted is going on about lol. There's only so much "gamer equipment" you can buy and Twitch is a free platform, there's no pay wall for content except for being able to chat freely.. He sure has the old man mentality and it's showing, yikes..
Last edited by Jimboski on Dec 5th, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Almost forgot what stack was

Growing old waiting for my card to arrive
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
May 11, 2018
88 posts
148 upvotes
Bought the 1500 bits, for just under 27 cdn, got back $20 immediately. Only did this cause I have a friend that streams, and this is basically buying $15 for $7 in this case.
Ju Leon...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
I swear people are trolling to act super ignorant here, other threads aren’t full of hey what is x....
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
demzie wrote: what are twitch bits?
It's like buying dollar bills to throw at strippers, except the strippers are playing video games.
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
Just bought 1500 bits for $19.95USD $26.74 CAD so far no $20 credit from Stack how long does it usually take?
Dec 25, 2003
642 posts
768 upvotes
Saskatoon
The deal is still active but it now says $20 minimum purchase.
$19.98 or $28 are the options to purchase. I would prefer the $19.98 option but not if I dont get the refund over the -0.02
If you read this more than once, sorry for that.