Sep 5, 2015
176 posts
527 upvotes
Calgary, AB

$14.99: FastestVPN: Lifetime Subscription

Deal Link:
Retailer:
StackSocial
$14.99: FastestVPN: Lifetime Subscription (2 Devices)
$19.99: FastestVPN: Lifetime Subscription (5 Devices)
$34.99: FastestVPN: Lifetime Subscription (10 Devices)
104 replies
Mar 5, 2018
62 posts
73 upvotes
Gets popcorn, takes seat.
Let the VPN (with name I've not heard of with review from website X) discussion/war begin
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1342 posts
1162 upvotes
They're located in Caman Islands, no tracking.

Reviews say they aren't the fastest but passable.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11712 posts
2833 upvotes
in before someone mentions, "my lifetime or their lifetime"
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3516 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Next week a deal at BestVPN...
Dec 17, 2014
236 posts
122 upvotes
Been using the 2 device lifetime deal for 6 months now. I setup a dd-wrt router and get 1 Mb/s with fastestvpn. Same as I got with Windscribe. I haven't used either of their clients.

I say good deal!
Oct 31, 2006
588 posts
224 upvotes
Is it suitable for IPTV ?
Public Mobile user
Dec 23, 2006
224 posts
195 upvotes
shabby wrote: Next week a deal at BestVPN...
It sucks badly compared to BestestVPN
Jun 10, 2017
492 posts
681 upvotes
With all the clowning aside, I got the 5 device deal about 6 months ago for $15 (not much to lose).
Not the fastest, but definitely passable.. I was getting about 6~8MB/s or 48~64mbps downloading torrents.
Given the going price for a decent vpn these days, I'd say I already got my moneys worth.. It's all winning from here.
I jumped on it after reading all the reviews I could find and the big problem they had was packet leaking.. Which is a serious issue with any vpn.. But I read they had since fixed it, so hence I got it to compare with windscribe.
Jun 9, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I am using it from 6 months. Recently used it for torrents.. pretty decent speeds. 8-10MBps (64-80mbps). And some servers show 170mbps on speedtest.net

Took 2 Devices subscription for 13.50. basically same deal as this + a 10% new user coupon on stacksocial.

Happy with it so far. Actually feeling bad that I should have taken the 5 devices plan.
Mar 5, 2017
80 posts
52 upvotes
vancouver
I took the 5 device plan in Jun from Stack Social for $15. after some research.
I use it on my Firestick for Kodi and for Qbittorrent.
On my laptop I use the Openvpn client that is easy to set up.
It has a killswitch.
There is an update I just downloaded for Windows which is a nicer GUI.
Jan 6, 2008
362 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
My 2 cents on FastestVPN: I have been using it on Mac, mobile devices and Synology.

Things I like:
- For me, using US and CAN servers, results in high speed - 9/10MBps (yes - upper case B! I have only 100Mbps internet connection). So speed is great for those servers
- That's pretty much it with things I like Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Things I don't like:
- On Synology (setup as per their instructions) connection drops after a while and does not reconnect, even though it is set up to reconnect automatically
- On Synology - the TCP connection is snail-slow; have to use UDP but, again, it disconnects after a while. Bottom line, I cannot use FastestVPN on Synology
- Any other server non-US and non-CAN speed is awful - like 1 - 2 Mbps
- On Mac, if you enable VPN from the menu bar, it disconnects randomly - so you have to keep an eye to make sure you are still connected - awful
- Also on Mac, if you enable VPN from the actual desktop app, you cannot disconnect from the menu bar - WTH??? If you try to do it, it disconnects and reconnects automatically
In comparison, I have VPN with usenetserver which is rock-solid. No buts, no coconuts

If I would have the option, I would not go with FastestVPN, myself.