Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StackSocial

AdGuard Family Plan Lifetime - USD $16

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2022 9:48 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1384 posts
2121 upvotes
Hammonds
NerdyRFDUser wrote: You can buy a cheap used raspberry pi and run a pi-hole at roughly the same price of the subscription. You also get to choose what to block on a dns level.
Buyapi has 0 raspberry Pi that'll run pihole and the 'market' has 3b's at $150+. Just wondering where you can get a retail price raspberry Pi these days is all..
Nov 1, 2019
93 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Purchased! Thanks for making me spend my money at 4am in the morning OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2454 posts
2746 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: 9 devices at the same time?. just making sure it doesn't get stuck with the first 9.

Does this block YouTube ads?

Update, it does!
https://adguard.com/en/article/how-to-b ... utube.html
I have the family plan and it works pretty well. You can login to their website and remove previous devices to make space for more.

I like looking up recipes on my phone and for some reason, those pages are always crowded with ads. I hate the video ones! This clears it all up. =)
Nov 28, 2019
696 posts
2335 upvotes
What a difference browsing the web ad free. Thanks op, upvoted.
Nov 25, 2010
371 posts
211 upvotes
What's the difference between paid and free versions of AdGuard Ad Blocker for Android?

This is one of the most popular questions we get, especially from new users. And what's a better way to answer it than with a short video?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xNOeHpZgjFo
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23742 posts
8527 upvotes
Got this on the VPN plus Adguard deal from a couple months back. It works good on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A but I had to turn it off as it interfered with the loading screens of many contest websites. Since it won't work on my Samsung TV, it's also pretty useless. Might work for some stuff on my TCL as that's Android. Might buy for friends but because of its many limitations, I don't know who might want it. Oh well, buy first, think later, eh?
Jun 15, 2021
52 posts
97 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Buyapi has 0 raspberry Pi that'll run pihole and the 'market' has 3b's at $150+. Just wondering where you can get a retail price raspberry Pi these days is all..
You can run pihole on a rpi zero, which are selling for $10 or less on the market.

Looks like they didn't resign a contract so they are having supply issues atm.
Last edited by NerdyRFDUser on Oct 2nd, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2010
371 posts
211 upvotes
Also, odd to say but duckduckgo the browser has this same functionality at least on Android. In the browser settings you can turn on an anti tracking feature that posts up a vpn just like adguard does. Also reports on what gets blocked.

And it's free. Don't need to use the browser either. It covers all phone apps.

Edit: it's in beta and there is a wait list.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2380 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
NerdyRFDUser wrote: You can buy a cheap used raspberry pi and run a pi-hole at roughly the same price of the subscription. You also get to choose what to block on a dns level.
The only issue I have is the need to manually update the Blocklists but otherwise works great. I use adguard on the go
I love deals
Apr 2, 2009
916 posts
202 upvotes
Markham
laprade_a wrote: Before you get too excited. From the webpage you linked to:

Disclaimer: currently, no ad blocker is technologically capable of blocking ads in the native YouTube App on mobile devices. This is a consequence of the underlying principles of Android OS and iOS, and not a product of the ad blockers' unwillingness or inability to do so

I use AdGuard and still get ads on the YouTube app.

Edit: they do offer a work around.

A two-step guide on how to do this:

1. Open YouTube app and start the video you want to watch.

2. Tap on the Share button and select AdGuard for Android from the list of apps.

That's it! A new window with the video will open where you'll be able to watch it without being interrupted by ads.
I think you're better off just using Brave browser for Andriod.
Pretty certain they block YouTube ads in the mobile browser along with other ads.
From what I'm reading of the work around, that extra step of sharing the YouTube video simply opens the mobile browser version of YouTube and blocks the ads in the mobile browser.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Apr 2, 2009
916 posts
202 upvotes
Markham
AAAAAAA7 wrote: Also, odd to say but duckduckgo the browser has this same functionality at least on Android. In the browser settings you can turn on an anti tracking feature that posts up a vpn just like adguard does. Also reports on what gets blocked.

And it's free. Don't need to use the browser either. It covers all phone apps.

Edit: it's in beta and there is a wait list.
Use Brave browser.
Free just like DuckDuckGo and has all the tracking/ad blocking already.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3886 posts
996 upvotes
Kingston
So how do we get this to work with Chrome on Mobile for Android?

I have been researching, but I don't see anything that yet
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
2007 posts
2319 upvotes
On my Android phone, I have been using Dnschanger with the Adguard adblocking dns address to block ads for free for years.

You can even use AdGuard free dns on your router to block ads on your entire home network for free.

What's the difference between what I'm using now and what this hot deal is?
Oct 24, 2005
936 posts
202 upvotes
Does this work to block ads on my Nvidia Shield TV when watching Cinema HD? The Cinema HD ads are brutal.
Sep 27, 2003
10896 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
Please keep the political discussion out of here. Discuss the deal please.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2754 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way this could work on iPhone native YouTube app to block ads?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1865 posts
1525 upvotes
Center of the univer…
geotr wrote: The only issue I have is the need to manually update the Blocklists but otherwise works great. I use adguard on the go
What do you mean? Adguard home refreshes the list automatically?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1974 posts
3242 upvotes
Surrey
mchoochoo wrote: Does this work to block ads on my Nvidia Shield TV when watching Cinema HD? The Cinema HD ads are brutal.
there are mod version
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1974 posts
3242 upvotes
Surrey
AAAAAAA7 wrote: What's the difference between paid and free versions of AdGuard Ad Blocker for Android?

This is one of the most popular questions we get, especially from new users. And what's a better way to answer it than with a short video?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xNOeHpZgjFo
wallet is safe, already have VPN unlimited