Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StackSocial

AdGuard Family Plan Lifetime - USD $16

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2022 9:48 pm
Oct 27, 2020
108 posts
74 upvotes
philelmo wrote: Turned on DNS blocking and everything, didn't work for me casting IOS Youtube to Chromecast, ads still keep coming, not sure if I'm doing something wrong?
No DNS blocking will prevent YouTube ads from showing on the official client app. If you have an Android powered TV or a Firestick you can sideload SmartTube Next which not only prevents ads from showing but also has Sponsorblock feature which fast forwards through self promotion and ad segments made by the youtubers themselves, very neat!
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10505 posts
4022 upvotes
Once you AdGuard you can't go back
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Dec 31, 2019
134 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
what do you all think about AdGuard versus Wipr?
Nov 6, 2014
518 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Took the deal hoping to block the earwax ads in the BBC news app and similar apps. Doesn’t work and I prefer Chrome or Firefox over Safari. Wonder if I can claim what I paid as a donation ?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3163 posts
430 upvotes
Durak200 wrote: No DNS blocking will prevent YouTube ads from showing on the official client app. If you have an Android powered TV or a Firestick you can sideload SmartTube Next which not only prevents ads from showing but also has Sponsorblock feature which fast forwards through self promotion and ad segments made by the youtubers themselves, very neat!
darn, was hoping it would block youtube ads
I already have a sideloaded ios youtube app, works great in the app but casting is a different issue. I guess it's like you described, the casting device itself needs to be sideloaded
oh well I might try the PIhole method, thx for your reply
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5369 posts
3062 upvotes
GTA
philelmo wrote: darn, was hoping it would block youtube ads
I already have a sideloaded ios youtube app, works great in the app but casting is a different issue. I guess it's like you described, the casting device itself needs to be sideloaded
pihole would be the exact same result
Oct 29, 2007
636 posts
88 upvotes
got a question, thanks in advance,
License Code needs to be claimed within 30 days, do I need to activate all 9 devices within 30 days?
Jan 12, 2017
112 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver
Website shows US$29.99 for family plan (lifetime license)(meaning you can activate 9 devices), but when you add coupon ADGUARD1 it drops to US$16.99. With taxes and conversion, I got charged CDN$25.99.
Love it! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Just bought the family license.
Once you buy the license, you get an email to 'redeem your purchase'. Open it and you'll see your 10 character license code. Enter this license into 9 devices.

Thanks goes to @everbird for reporting this on another thread.
Update: You can redeem the license on any of your devices at anytime (there's no expiry). Thanks for the correction @alpovs
Update2: Apple locked down their iOS app, so you can't enter this license key directly. It forces you to login with adguard.com account. To fix this, create an email/pass for adguard.com on any browser, login, go to 'my licenses', click 'add a license', select 'adguard license key', enter this 10 digit key. This allows you to see all of your devices that you've already activated (nice to see which devices you're using). Now, to activate on iOS, login with this adguard account, then you can activate this (since your license key is already applied to this account). Another advantage of adding this license key to your adguard.com account is you can remove old/unused devices, and release your license in order to install the license on another device.
Update3: I activated Windows, MacOS, Android simply by entering this license key directly, without the need to login to adguard.com account.
Last edited by sweetchaos on Nov 18th, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7212 posts
4884 upvotes
SW ON
sweetchaos wrote: Website shows US$29.99 for family plan (lifetime license)(meaning you can activate 9 devices), but when you add coupon ADGUARD1 it drops to US$16.99.
Love it! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Just bought the family license.
Once you buy the license, you get an email to 'redeem your purchase'. Open it and you'll see your 10 character license code. Enter this license into 9 devices.
Note: Your codes must be redeemed within 30 days.
Not the license codes. You need to redeem your purchase within 30 days. The license code (one for 9 devices) is forever. I have been adding mine to new computers for the past few years.
Jun 15, 2013
63 posts
43 upvotes
B.C.
philelmo wrote: darn, was hoping it would block youtube ads
Download the Brave Private Web Browser from the apple store. I have been using it on my ipad and phone for the last few years. Removes youtube ads, and you can cast to your smart tv no problem. Make sure you have block cross-site trackers on under settings in the browser.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)