Jan 23, 2004
3349 posts
2901 upvotes
GVRD

Back Again! KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime 5 Devices - USD $13.25

Deal Link:
Retailer:
StackSocial
Once and again, KeepSolid for 5 devices are on sale with coupon code, down to USD $13.25 (39.99-26.74)

Link: https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlim ... id=6024862

Coupon code: VPNUAUG21 *must log into StackSocial account to work*

July discussion: stacksocial-keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lif ... 5-2477211/

Features:
  • Reliably protect your data on any public WiFi
  • Surf w/ no speed or bandwidth limits
  • Access 400+ VPN servers w/ 80+ locations globally, including the USA, the UK, Canada & Australia.
  • Surf on a variety of VPN protocols, like IKEv2, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec & KeepSolid Wise
  • Access servers for US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, ESPN+ & HBO Now
  • Enjoy a better browsing experience w/ handy features, like Trusted Networks, Ping Tests & Favorite Servers
  • Easily configure your VPN connection on your router.
  • Convenient management of connected devices
  • Includes torrent (P2P) servers
  • Includes kill switch on iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows platforms
  • Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption
  • Zero log policy
  • Proprietary apps for all platforms
  • Unlimited traffic and connection speed
  • 24/7 customer support
81 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1338 posts
839 upvotes
Waterloo
Been using KeepSolid for a month or so, since the last StackSocial deal for lifetime access. It works well on both my iPhone and MacBook Air, speeds are fine and connections are stable.

It might not last a “lifetime” but for the price it’s worth it for however long they’re around.
Jul 9, 2005
216 posts
266 upvotes
Whats the catch folks? Much cheaper than PIA, Express, or Nord....
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2228 posts
1754 upvotes
patratcan wrote: Whats the catch folks? Much cheaper than PIA, Express, or Nord....
Been using this for a few years. Only downside is theres no kill switch for apps (ie torrents) if theres connection disruption youre screwed
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2228 posts
1754 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: There is a kill switch on the Windows desktop version.
Yes, but for any connection - meaning I have to turn it on/off everytime I use it, since I only use it for torrents. Torguard I can choose to apply for specific apps (ie bittorent) only
Nov 22, 2018
72 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver
eclone wrote: Yes, but for any connection - meaning I have to turn it on/off everytime I use it, since I only use it for torrents. Torguard I can choose to apply for specific apps (ie bittorent) only
In qBittorrent you can configure it to only work with VPN interface.

Follow that https://www.downloadprivacy.com/how-to- ... nonymously
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1168 posts
1683 upvotes
patratcan wrote: Whats the catch folks? Much cheaper than PIA, Express, or Nord....
for me, it's based in USA. :/
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
10948 posts
5875 upvotes
Toronto
it only works for me for US streaming
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3607 posts
3860 upvotes
Montreal, QC
eclone wrote: Yes, but for any connection - meaning I have to turn it on/off everytime I use it, since I only use it for torrents. Torguard I can choose to apply for specific apps (ie bittorent) only
You can also use a nice docker for transmission/openvpn which will allow transmission to download only when the vpn connection is up.
https://hub.docker.com/r/haugene/transm ... dockerfile
I had this setup on my Synology NAS, and it worked perfectly. Since it is a docker container, it can easily work on many platforms.
I upgraded to a rackmount NAS and to DSM 7 recently, so will be redoing the setup again shortly. This VPN deal is great timing, since I recently changed ISP and pretty sure (unlike my previous ISP that didn't care about torrent complaints), this one will surely forward letters. so time to put mechanism back in place to avoid the hassles.

Thnx OP
Last edited by Emporium on Aug 19th, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5710 posts
1418 upvotes
Very happy to have this as a backup/alternative to my Surfshark subscription.

I can stream Hulu more reliably with KeepSolid actually.

formerly
Public Mobile $40 / 15GB

formerly
Fido $45 / 14GB (5 @ 5 months, 5 @ 18 months)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3607 posts
3860 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kazushi wrote: for me, it's based in USA. :/
Unless you are trading state secrets, I don't think it is a HUGE deal honestly.

Most people will use it for geolocation restriction bypassing, and to hide their IP when torrenting (to avoid the ridiculous letters from movie house reps). And for Geolocation bypassing, honestly, I don't think companies like netflix, hulu and others really care much, All the efforts they put into "trying" to stop it, is to satisfy their distribution rights holders. So other that "trying" or "pretending to try hard" to stop vpn users, I don't think they are going to come chasing anyone.

If their records/logs are requested by court order (even though they claim no logs), then I don't think they will be looking for the small fish like us :)

Now, if you are using the VPN for some other shadier stuff, then that is a completely different ball game.

Anyhow, just my $0.02 worth.
Dec 20, 2011
76 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
Sorry for the db question. Will this VPN work if I want to watch Netflix virtually from a region other than US? The description sounds like the Netflix access server is only limited to the US. I am looking for a VPN that allows me to watch content outside of North America. TIA.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1048 posts
1818 upvotes
If your goal is as much anonymity as possible online via a VPN, I wouldn't go with these guys. I'd go with someone more reputable.

If you just want a VPN for other uses, I'd get the lifetime for as cheap as it is. Have had it for a few months and works well. Always handy to have a VPN on-hand IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5273 posts
3953 upvotes
The trust factor is not there for this VPN. They say they dont log, but dig just 1cm lower and it's obvious they do log. They reserve the right to terminate your account for doing things they dont like - copyright infringement as an example, as stated in their website. They can only do this if they are logging and matching you with an IP, and keeping track of how many times it happens.

You best not use your normal email for registering this VPN with, or with stacksocial. Keepsolid already says they delete your ISP's IP associated with their VPN's IP after the session ends, but doesnt say that for your email registered with them.

This VPN isnt for torrenting. It's somewhat fine for geolocation bypassing, although Windscribe is much better at it.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
Last year Stack Social had some sort of price error and they ended up clawing everything back. Fair play, I guess, but it was weird to have working subscriptions to things for a couple days/weeks and then having them all shut down.
Aug 30, 2009
209 posts
215 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
If anyone manages to get their wireguard tunnels working on Linux, please lmk. I've heard other people had problems too and CS was useless.