Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StackSocial

Back Again! KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime 5 Devices - USD $13.25

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 10:24 am
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3964 posts
2974 upvotes
B.C.
iebnpp wrote: Sorry for the db question. Will this VPN work if I want to watch Netflix virtually from a region other than US? The description sounds like the Netflix access server is only limited to the US. I am looking for a VPN that allows me to watch content outside of North America. TIA.
I've had it for a few years and use it as a backup to Windscribe. I've used it for TV apps and Web sites in Britain, Australia and New Zealand. It also has a dedicated BBC iPlayer location. With VPN Unlimited, there can be more than one server on one location. Meaning if you turn it on and off again when you're on a location, it will often bring up a different server.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Jul 22, 2013
84 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Got this from last month's deal, but it seems like the Hulu-specific server has now been blocked by Hulu. Other US servers not working for Hulu either.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29374 posts
14883 upvotes
Remember kids. It's their lifetime. Not yours.
$13 doesn't buy you much nowadays and having zero recurring income means that paying for their hard costs (ie servers, bandwidth, employees, etc) requires them to get more customers on board. It's a perpetual thing and as everyone knows, perpetual things can't exist.
Emporium wrote:
You can also use a nice docker for transmission/openvpn which will allow transmission to download only when the vpn connection is up.
Why not just bind the torrent client to the network interface of the VPN?

ClarkZuckerberg wrote: If your goal is as much anonymity as possible online via a VPN, I wouldn't go with these guys. I'd go with someone more reputable.
This is where I would definitely DIY it on a major hosting platform.
VPN means all your traffic goes through it so you definitely want someone as reputable as possible.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jan 10, 2011
481 posts
297 upvotes
Emporium wrote: You can also use a nice docker for transmission/openvpn which will allow transmission to download only when the vpn connection is up.
https://hub.docker.com/r/haugene/transm ... dockerfile
I had this setup on my Synology NAS, and it worked perfectly. Since it is a docker container, it can easily work on many platforms.
I upgraded to a rackmount NAS and to DSM 7 recently, so will be redoing the setup again shortly. This VPN deal is great timing, since I recently changed ISP and pretty sure (unlike my previous ISP that didn't care about torrent complaints), this one will surely forward letters. so time to put mechanism back in place to avoid the hassles.

Thnx OP
I had this setup on my DSM7 NAS, but wasn't able to get it to seed. Do you have any advice on that?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3736 posts
4140 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Chep wrote: I had this setup on my DSM7 NAS, but wasn't able to get it to seed. Do you have any advice on that?
I have not set it up on my DSM7 yet. It's on my to do list.

If I remember correctly, I had used this guide to do my first install. That was on DSM 6.2 however. I have not tried it on DSM 7, but I don't expect it to be much different, considering it is a docker image.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1455 posts
459 upvotes
Halifax
amitabh9 wrote: i only see $39.99
Did you log into StackSocial and use the coupon code from the 1st post?
Jul 25, 2018
45 posts
62 upvotes
I bought this on the last round, but I cannot get it to function on my works WiFi. (hospital that offers free WiFi). Are there any tricks? PIA worked on occasion. But cannot get this one to work.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
19332 posts
6680 upvotes
Toronto
pyrokinesis wrote: Got this from last month's deal, but it seems like the Hulu-specific server has now been blocked by Hulu. Other US servers not working for Hulu either.
Weird because I use Keepsolid on my router and I get Hulu, HBOMax, Vudu, USA Netflix, and Paramount Plus.
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5794 posts
4421 upvotes
tsueme wrote: I bought this on the last round, but I cannot get it to function on my works WiFi. (hospital that offers free WiFi). Are there any tricks? PIA worked on occasion. But cannot get this one to work.
use ikev2 protocol. I too am finding free wifi no longer connects on tcp or udp protocols. Something happened in the last 2 years.
Jan 10, 2011
481 posts
297 upvotes
Emporium wrote: I have not set it up on my DSM7 yet. It's on my to do list.

If I remember correctly, I had used this guide to do my first install. That was on DSM 6.2 however. I have not tried it on DSM 7, but I don't expect it to be much different, considering it is a docker image.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure that's the guide I followed as well. Everything worked except I couldn't seed anything. I'll give it another go though.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1550 posts
420 upvotes
patratcan wrote: Whats the catch folks? Much cheaper than PIA, Express, or Nord....
It doesn't work for Netflix or Prime for me, they detected I was using a VPN and won't let me watch content on multiple countries.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3455 posts
3028 upvotes
GVRD
tsueme wrote: I bought this on the last round, but I cannot get it to function on my works WiFi. (hospital that offers free WiFi). Are there any tricks? PIA worked on occasion. But cannot get this one to work.
Many new security appliance block known VPN domain and IPs, FastestVPN gets blocked by my company right off the bat and Windscribe got around the problem with an "emergency" server for such. I won't be surprised if public wifi blocks it. If you are using a mobile device, try using 1.1.1.1 app and see if you can get around this.
advantage21 wrote: It doesn't work for Netflix or Prime for me, they detected I was using a VPN and won't let me watch content on multiple countries.
Put a ticket in, I has issue with a particular server and they got it fixed in a day.

I also keep a very low expectation streaming will work consistently with VPN, SmartDNS like ControlD work better.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3964 posts
2974 upvotes
B.C.
pyrokinesis wrote: Got this from last month's deal, but it seems like the Hulu-specific server has now been blocked by Hulu. Other US servers not working for Hulu either.
Try different protocols. I find with VPN Unlimited that certain servers come up with (for instance) IKEv2 that don't show up with Wireguard. Also, contact them and tell them what's happening for you. You'll get a reply incredibly fast and it's typically useful. As a comparison, I have Windscribe too. In my experience, when I contact customer service, it takes them days to get back to me and they act like they're doing me a favour. Big difference.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7237 posts
4888 upvotes
SW ON
patratcan wrote: Whats the catch folks? Much cheaper than PIA, Express, or Nord....
You are the product.