Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
StackSocial

Back Again! KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime 5 Devices - USD $13.25

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 10:24 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3736 posts
4140 upvotes
Montreal, QC
AsianXL wrote: Very slow.
They only have 3 BT servers.
Downloading a 40GB well-seeded file right now.
On a 75Mbps connection, I am getting 2.5MBps with Keepsolid enabled. 10MBps without.

I would avoid Keepsolid for exclusively torrenting.
You sure it is only 3 BT servers ?

On their web site (and a few other sites) they say they have 5 of them. Not that it is a huge number more, but just curious. Thnx

EDIT: OK... Forget what I asked.. I just checked and they only have 3 like you said :(
Luxembourg and US are no longer available.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5794 posts
4421 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: Very slow.
They only have 3 BT servers.
Downloading a 40GB well-seeded file right now.
On a 75Mbps connection, I am getting 2.5MBps with Keepsolid enabled. 10MBps without.

I would avoid Keepsolid for exclusively torrenting.
Ont to BC, yes going to be real slow
Aug 24, 2016
976 posts
1117 upvotes
Can you gain devices back if you remove a certain one? How does the 5 lifetime work? Is it based off your MAC address.
Aug 24, 2016
976 posts
1117 upvotes
What would you recommend on the cheaper side ?
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: If your goal is as much anonymity as possible online via a VPN, I wouldn't go with these guys. I'd go with someone more reputable.

If you just want a VPN for other uses, I'd get the lifetime for as cheap as it is. Have had it for a few months and works well. Always handy to have a VPN on-hand IMO.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1072 posts
1905 upvotes
Broskah wrote: What would you recommend on the cheaper side ?
The best VPNs, in terms of privacy, sadly aren't going to come cheap. Mullvad always seems to be one I see recommended in the privacy community. It's always 5 euros a month. That's about $7.50 CAD/month. No promos, no discounts on annual fee. I like this about them, personally. They're not trying any shady promos and you always know what you're going to pay. You can also pay in a variety of ways so that none of it can trace back to you, if that matters as well, in terms of privacy. Though that is obviously not "cheap" compare to this haha.

You can check here for more recommendations. Others will have better info than I since I haven't tried them all, personally.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3736 posts
4140 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Broskah wrote: Can you gain devices back if you remove a certain one? How does the 5 lifetime work? Is it based off your MAC address.
It's based on connected client (ex: when using the windows client, it shows the device by the "PC Name(username"). To remove an unused device, log in to your account, press Manage , and navigate to the Devices section. There you can view the list of all your devices in use and manage them manually. Note: You are allowed to delete 1 device per week to make room for another.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7660 posts
4363 upvotes
Debtario
I dont get how the device system works, does it try to record router MACs? I dont use their client.

I use the open VPN connect client and made a open vpn config file on their site. I have a torrent profile and a non torrent profile I keep on my phone and 2 pics, never had any issues.

Mind you, I dont use the same profile on 2 devices simultaneously.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3736 posts
4140 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M1K3Z0R wrote: I dont get how the device system works, does it try to record router MACs? I dont use their client.

I use the open VPN connect client and made a open vpn config file on their site. I have a torrent profile and a non torrent profile I keep on my phone and 2 pics, never had any issues.

Mind you, I dont use the same profile on 2 devices simultaneously.
You can easily check and see how many devices their system is detecting so far. If you have used each profile at least once on each device, you should be able to see how many have registered, under the Manage section.

With their client (at least on windows) I know for sure it records the PCname(user) combination. At a minimum.
I created one created one torrent ovpn profile, but I have not tried to use it yet, since I need to reconfigure my synology utorrent/ovpn docker image. So I can't comment on the manual profiles.
May 2, 2019
677 posts
1663 upvotes
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: The best VPNs, in terms of privacy, sadly aren't going to come cheap. Mullvad always seems to be one I see recommended in the privacy community. It's always 5 euros a month. That's about $7.50 CAD/month. No promos, no discounts on annual fee. I like this about them, personally. They're not trying any shady promos and you always know what you're going to pay. You can also pay in a variety of ways so that none of it can trace back to you, if that matters as well, in terms of privacy. Though that is obviously not "cheap" compare to this haha.

You can check here for more recommendations. Others will have better info than I since I haven't tried them all, personally.
I agree I have been subbing to mullvad for a couple months now, no complaints and they have a good track record. You can even pay using cash lmao.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1746 posts
845 upvotes
YYC
Hey guys, can someone please help me configure vpn unlimited with qbittorrent or is there a step by step guide somewhere you can link me? Thanks so much
Mar 12, 2006
538 posts
158 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone test this vpn with DAZN germany, and report back if it works ?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3964 posts
2974 upvotes
B.C.
rvd wrote: Can anyone test this vpn with DAZN germany, and report back if it works ?
Nope, DAZN knew and defaulted to that "You're in the wrong country!" global screen. I tried both Germany locations and even Austria and Belgium. FWIW, both Windscribe servers went in properly. But Windscribe costs a bit more than VPN Unlimited. You could contact customer service and ask them about it. You could also get the free trial: https://free.vpnunlimitedapp.com/ It's the full VPN and you could try various servers, since DAZN Germany is accessible to a few different countries, isn't it?
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3371 posts
1661 upvotes
Picked it up.

Thanks OP
Apr 24, 2013
71 posts
65 upvotes
stangri wrote: If anyone manages to get their wireguard tunnels working on Linux, please lmk. I've heard other people had problems too and CS was useless.
I had it working for a couple days. I tried again and it's not. Maybe the server settings changed. Unfortunately, you can only remove one device a week so swapping out my devices will take a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1979 posts
3244 upvotes
Surrey
does work well on MAC with their apps
Jan 9, 2016
180 posts
657 upvotes
GTA
Guys please help - when I connect to 'Netflix' server, the expectation is that I should be able to view Netflix US content. But in my case, I only see Netflix produced content. Non Netflix movies/shows don't come up. Same case when I connect to other US servers. Only Netflix produced content show up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7237 posts
4888 upvotes
SW ON
Googliya wrote: Guys please help - when I connect to 'Netflix' server, the expectation is that I should be able to view Netflix US content. But in my case, I only see Netflix produced content. Non Netflix movies/shows don't come up. Same case when I connect to other US servers. Only Netflix produced content show up.
Just read page 2 of this thread. The answer is there.
Jan 9, 2016
180 posts
657 upvotes
GTA
alpovs wrote: Just read page 2 of this thread. The answer is there.
Sorry I just read through all the posts but I don't find the answer :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7237 posts
4888 upvotes
SW ON
Googliya wrote: Sorry I just read through all the posts but I don't find the answer :(
Second to last post with a screenshot on page 2. I am not able to link it from my phone. Netflix doesn't work through this VPN at the moment.