1338 upvotes

Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows: Lifetime License - $49.99 USD

Deal Link:
Savings:
85%
Retailer:
stacksocial.com
A great deal I would say. Actual price is $349USD. You get:

Lifetime license for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Publisher, & Access

One-time purchase installed on 1 Windows PC for use at home or work.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 17th, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Liondog wrote: Just a repost of same product. previously appeared on RFD. stacksocial-com-49-99-usd-microsoft-off ... e-2520167/

It is not legit, and the seller is not Microsoft. The product is made by Microsoft but this is not sold by Microsoft. The title specifically hide the word "Plus" This is Microsoft Office Pro PLUS. The pro plus is not for retail sale. It is volume licensing. Anyway just read old post, you will have all the info you need.

And if I want a key, I can always get it fraction of this 49.99USD price. It is just the same thing.
---
pooper wrote: I thought StackSocial only put stuff up that was legit?
---
aasoror wrote: Correct, unless someone purchased a key and verified directly with Microsoft it's not legit then there is no point trashing this deal.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and- ... ess-today/

https://www.reddit.com/r/macapps/commen ... social_ms/

stacksocial-com-49-99-usd-microsoft-off ... se-2520167

Quickly skimmed through dozens of posts spanning multiple threads on various platforms, not a single solid illegitimacy confirmation pertaining to this specific deal.

From the reddit thread:

Once redeemed no mention of volume licensing or MSDN in the order line item, and the purchase seems to be linked to the user MS account (not that anyone confirmed but that might mean it's reinstallable despite being a single PC license).
---
Webkikr wrote: Activated without issue. Today I decided to uninstall it and install on my laptop instead. Wouldn't activate.

Called Microsoft and was told I had to go in to my office account and remove the current system from activation and try again. I did, and it activated without issue. I inquired about the license and whether it was a legal license. It is and it's part of an MS program to flood the market with Office 2021 to get as many office users as possible to upgrade from 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016. Supporting the older version is costing them a mint. The license is a VL, but it's MS' own VL. It literally has billions of activations.
518 replies
Jan 17, 2012
312 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Do you know if the license gets associated to your microsoft account or to a specific machine?
(Meaning, if I change my device, can I take it to the next one?)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
9421 posts
4562 upvotes
Toronto
moromhoo wrote: Do you know if the license gets associated to your microsoft account or to a specific machine?
Also curious.
Aug 22, 2019
112 posts
66 upvotes
So if you have it installed all into one laptop and you get a new computer, would you be able to delete the programs on your old laptop and transfer it to your new computer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1342 posts
1338 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Is this legit?
The seller is Microsoft, can’t verify that though but I haven’t had any issues with Stacksocial in the past. Bought 2 or 3 “deals” from there and never had any issues.
Feb 10, 2022
83 posts
43 upvotes
seems too good to be true..... same question..... is this legit?
Dec 10, 2019
126 posts
154 upvotes
thanks for the deal OP, anyone know if this is CAD or USD?
Apr 22, 2017
198 posts
25 upvotes
Same questions as those above - seems almost too good to be true for a lifetime subscription
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1088 posts
750 upvotes
toronto
moromhoo wrote: Do you know if the license gets associated to your microsoft account or to a specific machine?
This is what the term says. One-time purchase installed on 1 Windows PC for use at home or work.
So Will not be linked to your microsoft account.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1342 posts
1338 upvotes
mampo7 wrote: thanks for the deal OP, anyone know if this is CAD or USD?
Title fixed. It’s USD.
Jul 18, 2013
21 posts
44 upvotes
Thornhill
Is it legit? Can someone confirm after purchase?
Apr 11, 2006
790 posts
726 upvotes
Richmond
Good price for MS Office Pro!

FYI: if you only need a basic document, spreadsheet, database, or drawing program, a lot of the times you can get away with using the free, open-source alternative, LibreOffice (https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/). It supports opening and editing MS Office files. The Draw app can even be used to edit PDFs.
Aug 28, 2007
440 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
`One-time purchase installed on 1 Windows PC for use at home or work`

This should answer everyone's question.

Seems like it's only for 1 installation and if you get a new PC you have to pay again.
Apr 10, 2006
781 posts
729 upvotes
I feel from the looks of it this is a one time use license. Meaning, it's tied to the PC you install it on. Same as a Windows license where its tied to the machine itself. Now, you can do a fresh install of the OS on the same machine but you'd need to contact Microsoft to get them to release your previous activation so you can reactivate the license on the same machine. That should be what's in the T&C. I might be wrong, but normally that's how it is.
Nov 10, 2003
757 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase

I can't buy it now and use it later? Still using Windows 7 and may upgrade later this year.
Aug 28, 2007
440 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
kidd604 wrote: Good price for MS Office Pro!

FYI: if you only need a basic document, spreadsheet, database, or drawing program, a lot of the times you can get away with using the free, open-source alternative, LibreOffice (https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/). It supports opening and editing MS Office files. The Draw app can even be used to edit PDFs.
Yeah just use Libreoffice at home. Most work places provide MS office for their own computers anyway.
Apr 10, 2006
781 posts
729 upvotes
davidqvu wrote: Same questions as those above - seems almost too good to be true for a lifetime subscription
always remember, the term "lifetime" is based on who's or what's lifetime. in this case, it's the same pc's lifetime.
Apr 19, 2014
248 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
raven0usvampire wrote: Yeah just use Libreoffice at home. Most work places provide MS office for their own computers anyway.
And you can use the web version of Office for free.
Apr 10, 2006
781 posts
729 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: - Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase

I can't buy it now and use it later? Still using Windows 7 and may upgrade later this year.
you most likely can. they just say you have to "redeem" or in a sense "get" the license from the portal. once you have it, you can use it anytime you want. kinda like old school way of buying software/games in cds. you have the game and license key, it's up to you when you want to install it.

but safer to verify the T&C. that's just based on my understanding.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)