Expired Hot Deals

[StackSocial] KeepSolid Lifetime VPN - 5 Device - $15 USD ($20 CDN)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 8:22 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3369 posts
513 upvotes
Kingston

[StackSocial] KeepSolid Lifetime VPN - 5 Device - $15 USD ($20 CDN)

Deal Link:
Price:
$15 USD
Comes up as $39 USD, but with promo code VPNFEB15 brings it down to $15 USD

It has dedicated connections for US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC, Amazon Prime, etc
84 replies
Apr 6, 2017
612 posts
1027 upvotes
After the previous debacle I am done with Stack Social.
Apr 14, 2019
41 posts
77 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: After the previous debacle I am done with Stack Social.
Iv never used the site, what was the issue
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3369 posts
513 upvotes
Kingston
Seems like the issue was more on the VPN's part than Stack's. I have used Stack a few times in the past and never had an issue with them, but to each their own.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1413 posts
18 upvotes
I never used StackSocial before. Please don't send me any referal codes ;)
Mar 6, 2006
200 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Same here, if you are going to do what they did, at least inform people.
The best part was they sent me a survey asking how I liked my purchase...
I'm saving money by finding more things to spend money on!
Apr 6, 2017
612 posts
1027 upvotes
I am still getting product review emails.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1955 posts
1826 upvotes
Toronto
kcorscadden wrote: Seems like the issue was more on the VPN's part than Stack's. I have used Stack a few times in the past and never had an issue with them, but to each their own.
The debacle was totally on Stack's end. They allowed the use of a coupon on their site and then when they realized their error in allowing it to be applied to VPN and software licenses, they took back all items sold using the coupon code. Whether you think Stack handled it properly or not, it was not the fault of the VPNs and various software companies.

Edited to correct typo.
Last edited by silverele on Feb 22nd, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2009
85 posts
18 upvotes
Not gonna buy from Stack Social, they promise big and then let you down. Scam site.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3369 posts
513 upvotes
Kingston
silverele wrote: The debacle was totally on Stack's end. They allowed the use of a coupon on their site and then when they realized their error in allowing it to be applied on VPN licenses and software, they took back all items sold using the coupon code. Whether you think Stack handled it properly or not, it was not the fault of the VPNs and various software at all.
You do realize that Stack sells at a price that is predetermined by the company that is using their site to sell their product. All Stack is, is a gateway for online services like VPN's to sell their services. FastestVPN authorized whatever promo/price Stack was selling it for. It is FastestVPN that backed out of the deal with Stack and forced Stack to refund everyone cause they wouldn't honor the Lifetime sub. I am not defending here, but from the looks of it, FastestVPN is the issue, not Stack.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1955 posts
1826 upvotes
Toronto
kcorscadden wrote: You do realize that Stack sells at a price that is predetermined by the company that is using their site to sell their product. All Stack is, is a gateway for online services like VPN's to sell their services. FastestVPN authorized whatever promo/price Stack was selling it for. It is FastestVPN that backed out of the deal with Stack and forced Stack to refund everyone cause they wouldn't honor the Lifetime sub. I am not defending here, but from the looks of it, FastestVPN is the issue, not Stack.
FastestVPN wasn't the only company to void licenses it was giving out because of Stack's error, are you familiar with what happened? There were numerous VPNs as well other things like password management services that also voided licenses that were handed out, even Steam games were taken out of libraries.

Stack made the error and cancelled all purchases made with the code on their end. Stack backed out on the deal first and then told the companies to do the same, not the other way around. When I contacted BulletVPN about my voided account, they said Stack told them there was a payment error and asked BulletVPN to reverse the purchase.

I'm not saying Stack is a bad company, I actually thumbed up your post since I like the deal, but they did not handle previous incident well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3369 posts
513 upvotes
Kingston
silverele wrote: FastestVPN wasn't the only company to void licenses it was giving out because of Stack's error, are you familiar with what happened? There were numerous VPNs as well other things like password management services that also voided licenses that were handed out, even Steam games were taken out of libraries.

Stack made the error and cancelled all purchases made with the code on their end. Stack backed out on the deal first and then told the companies to do the same, not the other way around. When I contacted BulletVPN about my voided account, they said Stack told them there was a payment error and asked BulletVPN to reverse the purchase.
Hmmmmm ok then..... Seems stupid that Stack would do that considering they have not only potentially ended a bunch of business relationships (why would those businesses use them again?) with all those companies that have used them to sell their products. They would also have a major PR issue with customers like yourself that got screwed. I have bought Windscribe and KeepSolid Lifetime VPN's from Stack and Windscribe still works, but I'll have to keep an eye on KS. If that gets sacked, then that's enough right there. I just can't think of why Stack would do that as they get a % of all the sales from each company. Makes no sense, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.
Apr 14, 2019
41 posts
77 upvotes
I signed up, works great, better than other vpns i have tried. plan says lifetime.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1456 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
Will this stack if I already have an account with KeepSolid with the same 5 device plan?