439 posts
446 upvotes

Keepsolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime [5 Devices] - $15 usd

Deal Link:
Price:
$15 USD
Retailer:
StackSocial
KeepSolid VPN Unlimited is currently on sale for $15 USD. This deal pops up about once per 6 months.

This works for US Netflix and has Wireguard (including a Wireguard Config Generator for non-VPNU clients). I've personally been able to reach 300-450mbps on WireGuard.

Can be used up to 5 devices (one major downside is that there is a delay between removing devices from your limit and adding new ones). There is a 900GB/month bandwidth limit for lifetime users.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlim ... bscription

Coupon Code: VPNUSAVE15 (must be logged in to use)

Original thread: keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscr ... 5-2348143/

===FAQ===

How does this compare to Windscribe:

Windscribe is more expensive, but is more flexible with device usage (there's no formal limit), has a considerably higher bound for bandwidth usage (people only start getting banned around 10TB/month), and offers IKEv2. Windscribe offers more Netflix libraries (i.e. Japan, UK).

How does this compare to NordVPN:

NordVPN is more expensive, but has a considerably higher bound for bandwidth usage (people only start getting banned around 100TB+/month). It's Wireguard configuration (NordLynx) is modified and can only be used within the client. NordVPN works for several other Netflix Libraries.
Last edited by Omesuri on Sep 28th, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
147 replies
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
dontelother wrote: What about the quality right now?
It's fine. For $15 USD/a few years and casual use, it's a good deal. If you were to pay full price for it, you could find much better products.

This is more of a casual "I just want to watch US Netflix" VPN than something you'd use for hardcore downloading.
May 14, 2018
250 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Omesuri wrote: It's fine. For $15 USD/a few years and casual use, it's a good deal. If you were to pay full price for it, you could find much better products.

This is more of a casual "I just want to watch US Netflix" VPN than something you'd use for hardcore downloading.
Does it also blocks the ads?
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
dontelother wrote: Does it also blocks the ads?
I don't believe the firewall is included in the base product. You'll want either NordVPN non-Play client or Windscribe.

Alternatively you could just setup a Pi-Hole at home.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1600 posts
1165 upvotes
I have this and am happy. Occasionally use it for region-blocked stuff, etc. - and it works more than fine. Great deal at the discounted price, definitely woudn't consider it at full price.

If your goal is to torrent 24/7 I would look elsewhere.
Aug 16, 2020
117 posts
17 upvotes
Omesuri wrote: I don't believe the firewall is included in the base product. You'll want either NordVPN non-Play client or Windscribe.

Alternatively you could just setup a Pi-Hole at home.
dontelother wrote: Does it also blocks the ads?
How about FASTESTVPN... It seems to have firewall and ad blocker also... Its also lifetime and $20 for 5devices....just saw it on same stacksocial while adding this one in cart..
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: How about FASTESTVPN... It seems to have firewall and ad blocker also... Its also lifetime and $20 for 5devices....just saw it on same stacksocial while adding this one in cart..
FastestVPN is legit trash. I have the 1-device subscription from when they were doing $6 lifetime deals. I believe it works for streaming but the speeds are trash, the OVPN files don't work half the time, etc. There's no Wireguard and the client is sketchy as hell. I believe they resell IPVanish or Ivacy.
Nov 13, 2007
9 posts
5 upvotes
Have had this for a couple years now. Have had zero issues streaming Hulu/US netflix but haven't used it for anything serious. Definitely worthwhile if those simple use cases are what you need.
May 14, 2018
250 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Omesuri wrote: It's fine. For $15 USD/a few years and casual use, it's a good deal. If you were to pay full price for it, you could find much better products.

I'm using adguard for blocking ad. Windscribe does block ads I have 50GB per month but server is limited. I am not hardcore user. Sometimes it might need that's why...
Jan 10, 2009
155 posts
170 upvotes
toronto
I have this but find that my work internet does not allow me to browse when this is on. Is there another service that could bypass this?
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
jacobspeeds wrote: If you plan to torrent, don't get this... They don't say anything in their terms about "no activity logs".
It is mentioned in their privacy policy:

https://www.keepsolid.com/privacy-policy
As explained in this Section 2(D), KeepSolid does NOT monitor, store, or log your internet activities (including the internet sites that you visit) while using any of our VPN Services, except the total amount of internet traffic for each session and session dates (this data is collected only if you use personal servers or personal IP address). KeepSolid also stores the number of connected devices for each account – this data is monitored to enforce the maximum device limits. This data can be assessed in the User Office, where you may remove devices from your account.

Certain personal data collected by us automatically (i.e. IP address, connection type, browser type and operating system) is stored only for the duration of your session in the VPN Services. This means that KeepSolid never stores or logs these categories of personal data after the end of your session in our VPN Services – we delete such personal data after your session ends. This also means that your personal data, including your email address, first and last name, username, and IP address, is never connected to any of your internet activities during your VPN Services sessions.
If you doubt this, you're well within your rights. VPN Unlimited has never been audited for its no-logging policy so you are trusting their word.
Aug 15, 2015
77 posts
75 upvotes
Windsor
Omesuri wrote: It is mentioned in their privacy policy:

https://www.keepsolid.com/privacy-policy

If you doubt this, you're well within your rights. VPN Unlimited has never been audited for its no-logging policy so you are trusting their word.
Guess the sources were wrong... I saw it somewhere and didn't bother to do my own research. Deleting my comment.
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
446 upvotes
jacobspeeds wrote: Guess the sources were wrong... I saw it somewhere and didn't bother to do my own research. Deleting my comment.
I think it's good that you bring it up. I wouldn't use a VPN to avoid dragnet surveillance, it won't do you much good, but of all the VPNs out there, you should expect zero privacy from an unaudited VPN provider.
Jul 1, 2006
12 posts
9 upvotes
I have had this for about half a year, using it for Slingtv with no issues. It is good for the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)