Expired Hot Deals

StackSocial

KeepSolid VPN Unlimited Lifetime 5 Devices - USD $13.25

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2021 8:33 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
2288 posts
1641 upvotes
Cornell wrote: Thanks OP. Just signed up. Can't go wrong at this price point.
The only thing that concerns me a bit is that they keep coming out with these lifetime deals year after year, at the same price point. With windscribe they gradually upped the price until they finally said no more lifetime. It seems this VPN is a bit more desperate - it doesnt bode well for their future.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 23, 2004
10081 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Marphyin wrote: I contacted to their support team about streaming Friends series. This is what they reply to me.

Here is a news from 2019:
Unfortunately, at the end of 2019, Friends left Netflix. So, if you live in the United States, you can't watch Friends on Netflix. If you live outside of the US, you can still watch Friends on Netflix. The series is available for those who live in Canada, the United Kingdom, and more countries and territories.
And that's the case since we provide access to the US Netflix content.


I will cancel the service and buy Windscribe.
I am amazed by the effort you're going through just to watch Friends....
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
2354 posts
2613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Coladdict wrote: Could I ask if anyone have created a profile for WireGuard / VPN for your raspberry pi? Just wondering if i still need to find free dns service and etc from the info provided in the profile during the WireGuard install and setup? New to this VPN thing and want to be prepared before start. TIA
Yes, you can ask.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2011
800 posts
173 upvotes
Markham
Dave98 wrote: Not really sure what you're asking. Are you talking about using WireGuard on the Pi to connect to the KeepSolid service or are you talking about setting up WireGuard as a "server" on your own network so that you can access it from the outside?

Because if it's the latter, it has nothing to do with KeepSolid so your question isn't quite clear.
Try to do latter. Assume having a WireGuard config profile created from VPN Unlimited, I thought I could use the dns and key detail to setup the server during the install? Sorry for the confusion.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4959 posts
2380 upvotes
GTA
Coladdict wrote: Try to do latter. Assume having a WireGuard config profile created from VPN Unlimited, I thought I could use the dns and key detail to setup the server during the install? Sorry for the confusion.
No. If you want to create a WireGuard server on your own network, it has nothing to do with Keepsolid or any other similar VPN service. When you create a profile on the keepsolid site, it's creating a profile to connect to Keepsolid servers.

You need to create the profile using whatever method you're using to install WireGuard to the Pi.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2011
800 posts
173 upvotes
Markham
Dave98 wrote: No. If you want to create a WireGuard server on your own network, it has nothing to do with Keepsolid or any other similar VPN service. When you create a profile on the keepsolid site, it's creating a profile to connect to Keepsolid servers.

You need to create the profile using whatever method you're using to install WireGuard to the Pi.
Could I incorporate both WireGuard which installed in pi and the profile I created from VPN unlimited? If so, is there any guide I could use? Thanks for your help.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3747 posts
2347 upvotes
SW ON
Marphyin wrote: I contacted to their support team about streaming Friends series. This is what they reply to me.

Here is a news from 2019:
Unfortunately, at the end of 2019, Friends left Netflix. So, if you live in the United States, you can't watch Friends on Netflix. If you live outside of the US, you can still watch Friends on Netflix. The series is available for those who live in Canada, the United Kingdom, and more countries and territories.
And that's the case since we provide access to the US Netflix content.


I will cancel the service and buy Windscribe.
What's your problem and how is Windscribe going to help? Friends is on Crave in Canada, not on Netflix. It's on Netflix in the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand etc., not on Netflix in the USA. Windscribe is not going to change that.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4959 posts
2380 upvotes
GTA
Coladdict wrote: Could I incorporate both WireGuard which installed in pi and the profile I created from VPN unlimited? If so, is there any guide I could use? Thanks for your help.
Again, you have to figure out what you're trying to accomplish here because it doesn't make sense to incorporate the profile from vpn unlimited unless you're trying to connect to VPN unlimited with the Pi.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 9, 2005
1230 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
boldventure wrote: I've been trying Japan netflix but cannot although I once got Singapore Netflix when the first time I used this and cannot get it again
Subscribed, looks like the deal is still on.
Can't connect to netflix japan, nor singapore eh... (using server connection)
Netflix US is ok, i can watch "Mystic river" the movie, using the netflix streaming feature.
Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
61 posts
66 upvotes
Got it a couple hours ago and still haven't received the license...how long did it take those of you who had the delay?

EDIT: wow, it appeared the minute I submitted an inquiry.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2544 posts
2786 upvotes
Calgary
alpovs wrote: What's your problem and how is Windscribe going to help? Friends is on Crave in Canada, not on Netflix. It's on Netflix in the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand etc., not on Netflix in the USA. Windscribe is not going to change that.
My problem is I am not able to watch Friends on Netflix. With Windscribe, I am able to watch Friends on Netflix. That is my problem. I try with your suggested countries but not success.
Can you please help me out? Thanks.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 19, 2010
3348 posts
947 upvotes
GTA
Just wondering if anybody has tried ITV (UK) streaming with this and how the connection holds up? Stupid auto quality players dont work well with my current vpn.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2011
800 posts
173 upvotes
Markham
Dave98 wrote: Again, you have to figure out what you're trying to accomplish here because it doesn't make sense to incorporate the profile from vpn unlimited unless you're trying to connect to VPN unlimited with the Pi.
The list in WireGuard config profile created via VPN unlimited mostly the same as server and client wg.conf, just wondering if the profile detail could import into wg.conf and then connect to my pi remotely. I assume I could use dns info in profile for wireguard install, without getting free dns server. TIA

If I create 2 profiles via VPN Unlimited, could I use 1 as server and 1 as client? TIA
Last edited by Coladdict on Jul 17th, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
10129 posts
4783 upvotes
Toronto
if i want to watch something from said china or hk, will it work ?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
3747 posts
2347 upvotes
SW ON
Marphyin wrote: My problem is I am not able to watch Friends on Netflix. With Windscribe, I am able to watch Friends on Netflix. That is my problem. I try with your suggested countries but not success.
Can you please help me out? Thanks.
You need to find some service that advertises it can stream Netflix UK. Or those other countries but I think it's rare that anyone offers them. Maybe you are correct and Windscribe promises to stream Netflix UK. Double-check and test it before subscribing for a long plan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4959 posts
2380 upvotes
GTA
Coladdict wrote: The list in WireGuard config profile created via VPN unlimited mostly the same as server and client wg.conf, just wondering if the profile detail could import into wg.conf and then connect to my pi remotely. I assume I could use dns info in profile for wireguard install, without getting free dns server. TIA

If I create 2 profiles via VPN Unlimited, could I use 1 as server and 1 as client? TIA
Honestly, I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to do.

The WireGuard tool on Keepsolid's site is to generate profiles to connect to VPN unlimited servers. Nothing more. Again, if you're trying to create a WireGuard server on your own network then it has nothing to do with Keepsolid. You can not use Keepsolid WireGuard profile details.
Member
Feb 4, 2017
347 posts
417 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: The only thing that concerns me a bit is that they keep coming out with these lifetime deals year after year, at the same price point. With windscribe they gradually upped the price until they finally said no more lifetime. It seems this VPN is a bit more desperate - it doesnt bode well for their future.
If this lasts for one year then I got my money’s worth.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2004
1163 posts
450 upvotes
Markham
For anyone looking to buy for up to 10 devices:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid ... dit-rebate

$39 dollars gives you lifetime x 5 devices plus $30 credit.

As long as you would have spent the $30 anyway, you're only paying $9

edit: also unsure if the coupon would have worked because the coupon is one time use only, and I already used it on the posted deal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 15, 2010
1542 posts
659 upvotes
London
alpovs wrote: You need to find some service that advertises it can stream Netflix UK. Or those other countries but I think it's rare that anyone offers them. Maybe you are correct and Windscribe promises to stream Netflix UK. Double-check and test it before subscribing for a long plan.
Windscribe should work for UK Netflix

Any idea how to enable the killswitch in the Windows 10 app?
Member
Jan 17, 2018
204 posts
131 upvotes
Is there any setting to change so the selected text on the firetv app is more visible?

It might just be my crappy tv but it's almost impossible to see which server your selecting from the list until you click and it goes to the connected screen.

ES File Explorer used to have the same interface problem a few years ago.

Top