Jun 1, 2008
26 posts
30 upvotes
Waterloo

PUBG free on Stadia

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Stadia
PUBG has been added to Stadia today and is free with Stadia Pro. New Stadia users get the Pro tier free for 2 months.

PUBG on Stadia has cross play with consoles, but not PC. It supports both controller and mouse and keyboard.

Nothing to install. Works great for me in a Chrome on a laptop. It was laggy on WiFi for me, but smooth like butter over network cable.
12 replies
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Might have to buy stadia...
Mar 14, 2011
288 posts
104 upvotes
GTA
This is a 2 month extension of their usual 3 month trial because of pandemic, pro games don't have to be claimed each month you claim them all when you have a sub (that could change if contracts expire but I'd imagine all claimed titles are for keeps) and can play those titles as long as you stay subscribed. All games you purchase are accessable regardless of stadia pro only downgrade is 1080p 2 channel audio on free tier. It's honestly the most stable of the cloud gaming platforms right now but it does have a content problem.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4403 posts
2493 upvotes
Dimebag wrote: Might have to buy stadia...
The only thing you could buy but don't have to, is a Chromecast Ultra with Stadia controller for 4K HDR gaming. Otherwise, you sign up (free for 2 months), and THAT'S IT. Games instantly load, no downloading of anything, all games work with keyboard/mouse or USB/bluetooth controllers all through the browser.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12238 posts
19911 upvotes
Totally forgot i signed up for this Lol
Oct 27, 2015
41 posts
138 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Might just be my internet speeds, but can't say I'm having a good experience with PUBG on Stadia. The graphics quality is just too low, along with the occasional stuttering. This isn't a huge issue for most games, but for these kind of shooters where you're often looking for other players that might only be 20 pixels wide on the screen while requiring accurate shooting, it's just not quite there yet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5203 posts
4328 upvotes
Toronto
What happens to my claimed free games if I’m no longer a Stadia Pro subscriber?

If your subscription to Stadia Pro expires, you will lose access to your claimed free games. When you reactivate your subscription, you will regain access to your claimed free games with your save data intact.
Need an active subscription to be able to play the free games claimed under stadia pro trial.