• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 6:30 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2011
103 posts
10 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

Staffing Company for CIBC

Does anyone know any staffing companies that hire contract for CIBC?
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5732 posts
5213 upvotes
surfer007 wrote: Does anyone know any staffing companies that hire contract for CIBC?
Don't most banks have their own HR/hiring departments? I think some will use an agency for temps/interns, but most do their own hiring.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2011
103 posts
10 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I believe so, but I've noticed some agencies work with specific banks. Procom, infobase, Unisys,
Trying to figure out which one CIBC uses mostly or they probably use multiple
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5030 posts
2193 upvotes
Why do you only want to work for CIBC?

If you have friends or families already there, they should be able to help you get in more than some random agency/staffing company.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5030 posts
2193 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Don't most banks have their own HR/hiring departments? I think some will use an agency for temps/interns, but most do their own hiring.
A lot of the time, they hire agency staff to test the worth of an employee. If they are good perhaps they bring on full time.

Given how hard it is for a federally regulated industry to dehire someone, this is probably and quickest way to see if a candidate is actually what a team needs.
Dec 22, 2006
593 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Second that--As far as I know.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6255 posts
1466 upvotes
Richmond Hill
renoldman wrote: A lot of the time, they hire agency staff to test the worth of an employee. If they are good perhaps they bring on full time.

Given how hard it is for a federally regulated industry to dehire someone, this is probably and quickest way to see if a candidate is actually what a team needs.
isnt that what probation is about?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8894 posts
687 upvotes
I think OP is asking a valid question. Without knowing the right agencies or know someone inside the banks, it is very hard (not impossible) to get a position there. Imagine they will have hundreds (if not thousands) of resumes sent in for each posting.

And those hiring managers probably got lot of referrals from people around every time when his/her team has an opening.

I don't know how likely people will get a job or even an interview by applying directly through those banks' career websites. Personally, I think those career websites are just created there for formality and for the sake of showing "Equal Employment Opportunity".
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8894 posts
687 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Given how hard it is for a federally regulated industry to dehire someone, this is probably and quickest way to see if a candidate is actually what a team needs.
Really ? I didn't know banks can't fire staff as they want. I think those office staff have no union , right ? Why is it hard to lay them go ? I do notice banks tend to use the agencies to hire contractors though.
Apr 9, 2012
192 posts
113 upvotes
rdx wrote: I think OP is asking a valid question. Without knowing the right agencies or know someone inside the banks, it is very hard (not impossible) to get a position there. Imagine they will have hundreds (if not thousands) of resumes sent in for each posting.

And those hiring managers probably got lot of referrals from people around every time when his/her team has an opening.

I don't know how likely people will get a job or even an interview by applying directly through those banks' career websites. Personally, I think those career websites are just created there for formality and for the sake of showing "Equal Employment Opportunity".
I work for one of the Big 5 and got my job by applying online through the bank's career portal. I have also interviewed at TD and RBC by applying through their respective career portals.

I think it all boils down to having the right skills and qualifications for the job you are applying for and of course a tiny bit of luck since lots of people apply to bank job postings.
Jan 16, 2009
201 posts
86 upvotes
From my experience, agencies handle most of the contracts, and the banks handle the permanent roles. Competition for contracts is usual less, and permanent roles are often filled internally. But if you have some niche experience, then that will be a huge advantage.

OP, just go to one of the big job portals and you'll see agency postings for bank contracts. They usually use bank specific terminology, so that can give you some hints as to which bank the agency is hiring for. Also, some banks have multiple agencies try to fill for them, so it's not always specific agencies for specific banks.
Feb 15, 2013
816 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
rdx wrote: I think OP is asking a valid question. Without knowing the right agencies or know someone inside the banks, it is very hard (not impossible) to get a position there. Imagine they will have hundreds (if not thousands) of resumes sent in for each posting.

I got full time job in one of top 5 banks by applying thru their career portal. Heck I was on bridging open work permit then (My PR application was in process).
Mar 24, 2016
347 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
gskn4u wrote: I got full time job in one of top 5 banks by applying thru their career portal. Heck I was on bridging open work permit then (My PR application was in process).
for which position?
[OP]
Nov 30, 2011
103 posts
10 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Thanks All,
I saw manpower
Also, looked on efinancialcareers
Procom, Randstand
Jan 4, 2014
377 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
Individual areas hire from specific HR Partners for their required skillsets. One company may be good at fulfilling IT hires. Another for help-desk. Another for office staff. Another for accounting...They have a few companies in each field their HR work with. Those hiring companties (contract or fulltime requirements) are approached to do the initial legwork. The portals are to fullfill a legal requirement.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8894 posts
687 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote: Individual areas hire from specific HR Partners for their required skillsets. One company may be good at fulfilling IT hires. Another for help-desk. Another for office staff. Another for accounting...They have a few companies in each field their HR work with. Those hiring companties (contract or fulltime requirements) are approached to do the initial legwork. The portals are to fullfill a legal requirement.
I also heard that they use agencies to standard the pay rates for the same contract position .
Jan 4, 2014
377 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
That's possible. The agencies take a cut so you are actually employed by the agency. The majority of contracts are done through agencies.