Home & Garden

Stamped Concrete - Pro Vision Concrete - West End Concrete - GrandeFx Concrete - JP Grande [Alert]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2019 10:12 pm
[OP]
Aug 26, 2006
6 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Stamped Concrete - Pro Vision Concrete - West End Concrete - GrandeFx Concrete - JP Grande [Alert]

I was recently swindled by this Guy named JP Grande for a stamped concrete job.
It was my first dealing with any contractor and apparently mis-judgement and lack of due diligence on my part.
The guy is sweet talker and assures you of his skills and great work. Has named his company "Pro Vision Concrete and Construction" which can easily be confused with "Pro Concrete" or "ProVision Concrete" which are established businesses. This guy has no online presence. I did a search before giving him the job and nothing came up. But after he disappeared, I posted on facebook and in two hours one customer who was scammed in 2015 and one worker who was not paid for the work replied(I posted his picture).
Looks like he uses different business name each year.
He emailed me the contract so I don't really have an other paperwork from him. I did etransfers to him that I've proof of. He started the work in July and kept squeezing money from me everyday he showed up for work. One day at work and then he will disappear for days/weeks. I was in midst of mess and was hoping that he will eventually complete the job. Half way of the job.... his guy messed up the pour by stamping too early. I sent him the pictures next morning after washing the release powder and here you go..... this guy disappeared forever. Won't pick up my phone. Occasionally sends message via facebook with promises to come back to work and complete the job. This is end of October, already 4 months gone. No other contractor is willing to take over the job since it requires a lot of rework. DecoMax quoted me 52K to clean up the mess this guy created. I know I've very few options at this point in time and very little can be done to this guy in absence of a written and signed contract. I am posting this in hoping that if someone else does a search, hopefully this thread will come up to warn potential victim.
I've his picture and obviously the pictures of the mess that he left behind. Concrete in porch is already cracking. Unsealed driveway is full of tire marks and oil/coolent drops from my cars since I ran out of on-street parking exceptions allowed for the year. I am leaving it as-is and planning to have this ripped and redone in spring.

Any advice on to leash this thug will be appreciated.

Here is what I've;
Email copy - Statement of Work and Cost
All conversations via Facebook Messenger
His picture
His truck's number plate
His cell.
All eTransfer Transactions Trails.

Hopefully it will help others to learn from my mistakes and never get any contractor without references and proper paperwork. Specially a very carefully crafted Payment Schedule.

Discovered two more business names this guy has been using [Thanks to Jim16950];
  1. West End Concrete
  2. GrandeFx Concrete
Thanks for reading!

Some Examples of the Mess he left behind...
20191011_171546.jpg
20191011_170812.jpg
20191011_170916.jpg
20191011_171941.jpg
20191011_170926.jpg
20191011_170936.jpg
20191011_172305.jpg
20191011_172307.jpg
20191011_171348 (1).jpg
20191011_172316.jpg
20191011_171348.jpg
20191011_172414.jpg
20191011_171412.jpg
Last edited by saeed on Nov 1st, 2019 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2731 posts
476 upvotes
Ancaster
You might want to make inquiries with the police because this guy sounds like a serial sheister.

Ordinarily the police will deem contractor disputes civil matters, but if the victim count starts climbing they often re-classify the incidents as an organized fraud.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to see what they say....maybe attend your local police division and ask to speak to a detective in the fraud unit. They may already have a file going on this JP Grande guy.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2377 posts
1685 upvotes
Toronto
See now this is a good thread and a real scam unlike that locksmith thread.

You should as others suggested report this to police, you can try to find him and take him to small claims court but I'd look.into the process and do the leg work yourself because paying a paralegal or lawyer will probably just be throwing good money after bad.
Jan 16, 2008
301 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
File a complain with Ontario Ministry of Consumer Service (MCS) for them to open investigation. Search for the company on the beware list while you are there. If you can get more parties to join in the investigation make it easier for the case manager/handler to process.
I did that and got mine deposit back (do take a long time, 2+yrs). Though, mine case (+2 other neighbor case) was about deposit but never work on. The company had to return deposits and got a probation (not allow to take any deposit) for 2 yrs.
Apr 29, 2007
304 posts
81 upvotes
Caledon
Jesus Christ what a loser. One of his excuses for abandoning a project after a terrible Trusted Pros review was that the client was propositioning sex from him. I always wonder how shitheads like this never come across homeowners who decide to "pursue justice" in less-than-legal ways.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13964 posts
8373 upvotes
Toronto
JimE16950 wrote: https://trustedpros.ca/company/west-end-concrete

John is full blown loser

Police in Orangeville and Milton have been called

Screenshot_20191006-105203_Gallery.jpg
This your review? Believe this review would have been good information for the OP.

Jim from OrangevillePosted: Sep 28, 2019
Driveway Front Patio
We to just got scammed by John.

My father is a retired lawyer and will start a case against John at no charge.

Anyone interested in getting involved can contact me directly at 519 939 9512

I will look after the costs to ensure this guys out of business...

Contact me with your pictures and stories.

Jim Ensom

519 939 9512

jcensom98@hotmail.com
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Aug 26, 2006
6 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, talking to police now. Will post the outcome. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by saeed on Nov 1st, 2019 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2006
6 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
MyLastWord wrote: File a complain with Ontario Ministry of Consumer Service (MCS) for them to open investigation. Search for the company on the beware list while you are there. If you can get more parties to join in the investigation make it easier for the case manager/handler to process.
I did that and got mine deposit back (do take a long time, 2+yrs). Though, mine case (+2 other neighbor case) was about deposit but never work on. The company had to return deposits and got a probation (not allow to take any deposit) for 2 yrs.
I've a thread going on facebook marketplace. Have at least dozen people replied to me with same stories. I like your idea. Its worth putting effort in leashing this animal, robbing people of their hard earn money. I am talking to other victims to see how many can join hands.