Ongoing Deal Discussion

Standing Desk Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 8:42 pm
Aug 21, 2015
14 posts
20 upvotes
I got my desk from motiongrey yesterday evening. I went to Richmond and picked it up as I live local.

My thoughts
1) overall the quality appears pretty good and I like the color of the table top. It has a bit of grey pattern on it rather than being plain.
2) Adjustment panel looks much nicer than the ones in picture
3) It took me about couple of hours as I double checked and triple checked everything but it should only take an hour I think
4) I wish the holes were predrilled but they were not
5) The wire passthrough holder was cheap plastic, I wish it was a metal one
6) The table gets super high and super low which is great
7) I wish there was some cable management tray underneath but there isn't. They gave 3M cable ties for that.
8) I am very picky but I wish the screws were also painted to match the white look
9) There was a bit of adjusting noise of one side while the table was going up and down but it subsided after few movements.

Overall happy with the purchase considering I could get it right away (placed order at 5 PM and picked it at 6 PM)
Images
  • IMG_20200506_080808.jpg
  • IMG_20200506_080759.jpg
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
sreddy767 wrote: (placed order at 5 PM and picked it at 6 PM)
wow flex much.. That table top pattern looks pretty sweet tho! I sorta want the Home Depot white acacia for that reason too, pretty sure it would look way better in person like yours..

MG finally got back to me (thx for mention about support@... askmotion@ doesn't respond). Desk frame and monitor arm still on time for shipping May 8.. Anti fatigue mat will ship May 19.
Dec 27, 2011
10 posts
19 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ramenstew wrote: Have you heard from MG? I almost ordered it then I saw this post... Now I don't know what to do. Autonomous takes too long to get it delivered =/
I haven't heard from them but I was able to fix it myself!

If anyone has the same problem as me do this:

Hold the up and down arrows at the same time for 5 seconds. This will start syncing the motors. My problem was that the desk thought it was lower down than it was. While playing around with the buttons, I got into the factory setting (I saw three digits on the LCD). You can use the arrow keys to set the base height properly. For me, that was "602", meaning 60 inches. I wish I could tell you how to get into the factory settings but I'm too scared to play around with the desk anymore.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1060 posts
177 upvotes
Anyone able to contact MotionGrey? They seem to be MIA. I wish they had a representative reply to our questions here in the forum.
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
congenic wrote: Anyone able to contact MotionGrey? They seem to be MIA. I wish they had a representative reply to our questions here in the forum.
Did you email support@motiongrey.com? They got back to me there. askmotiongrey@gmail.com went unanswered. FB messenger took a few days after I prodded once or twice. Not sure about the phone number.

Hopefully post-COVID support isn't as MIA. When I was trying to contact Autonomous they were just as swamped :( so I can sympathize a little bit.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2220 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
congenic wrote: Anyone able to contact MotionGrey? They seem to be MIA. I wish they had a representative reply to our questions here in the forum.
They haven't responded to any Facebook messages.
Sep 2, 2007
480 posts
181 upvotes
pretty easy to assemble make sure you go over which holes use the M10 metal screws and the M14 because they look the same at first glance. I put a tiny table together with the ikea kullaberg - used the flat side rather than the notched/picnic table side

also using the foam from the box as a temporary fatigue mat. who am i joking this will probably be a few months
Last edited by noplan on May 6th, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
sreddy767 wrote: I got my desk from motiongrey yesterday evening. I went to Richmond and picked it up as I live local.

My thoughts
1) overall the quality appears pretty good and I like the color of the table top. It has a bit of grey pattern on it rather than being plain.
2) Adjustment panel looks much nicer than the ones in picture
3) It took me about couple of hours as I double checked and triple checked everything but it should only take an hour I think
4) I wish the holes were predrilled but they were not
5) The wire passthrough holder was cheap plastic, I wish it was a metal one
6) The table gets super high and super low which is great
7) I wish there was some cable management tray underneath but there isn't. They gave 3M cable ties for that.
8) I am very picky but I wish the screws were also painted to match the white look
9) There was a bit of adjusting noise of one side while the table was going up and down but it subsided after few movements.

Overall happy with the purchase considering I could get it right away (placed order at 5 PM and picked it at 6 PM)
Did they mark where to drill it do you have to measure it yourself?
Aug 21, 2015
14 posts
20 upvotes
No, they do not have the holes marked. U will have to measure and do it yourself though it's not a big deal
Nov 27, 2016
338 posts
256 upvotes
virulent wrote: wow flex much.. That table top pattern looks pretty sweet tho! I sorta want the Home Depot white acacia for that reason too, pretty sure it would look way better in person like yours..

MG finally got back to me (thx for mention about support@... askmotion@ doesn't respond). Desk frame and monitor arm still on time for shipping May 8.. Anti fatigue mat will ship May 19.
man... that's the top I want but it's been out of stock....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 27, 2011
10 posts
19 upvotes
VANCOUVER
virulent wrote: Did you email support@motiongrey.com? They got back to me there. askmotiongrey@gmail.com went unanswered. FB messenger took a few days after I prodded once or twice. Not sure about the phone number.

Hopefully post-COVID support isn't as MIA. When I was trying to contact Autonomous they were just as swamped :( so I can sympathize a little bit.
The phone number is the easiest way to contact them. I've never received a confirmation that they got my emails but I've been able to get through by phone easily.
Jan 13, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
I was also able to talk to them over the phone, so try their number
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1837 posts
2038 upvotes
I ordered the double monitor mount for 64.99 on May 4th and it's coming tomorrow end of day. It seems some stuff ships out of Ontario.

My 2 segment desk frame hasn't shipped yet though even though they billed my CC.
Wallet safe...
May 30, 2016
446 posts
487 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Can someone who has purchased the monitor mounts comment on the height? Is 16.2" the top of the mount that attaches to the monitor or the middle of the mount that attaches to the monitor?
Nov 30, 2009
344 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
I received a call today that they are out of stock of the two segment frame from the OP (https://motiongrey.com/product/motion-s ... ack-frame/). They offered I can upgrade to the three segment for an additional $35. I would have taken it but they also said that the order doesn't come with a tabletop. Wasn't that a big part of this deal?

Can anyone else who received the "Motion Series Two Segment Dual Motor Standing Desk – Black Frame (PRE-ORDER ONLY SHIPS OUT MAY 8)" confirm whether or not this is supposed to come with a tabletop?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1837 posts
2038 upvotes
Yes I just got a call about it being out of stock.. I'm the OP for chirst's sake.

I was deciding and they suddenly hung up on me... I think they said $25 extra for the 3 segment.

And the tabletop was not included with the 2 segment.
Zida wrote: I received a call today that they are out of stock of the two segment frame from the OP (https://motiongrey.com/product/motion-s ... ack-frame/). They offered I can upgrade to the three segment for an additional $35. I would have taken it but they also said that the order doesn't come with a tabletop. Wasn't that a big part of this deal?

Can anyone else who received the "Motion Series Two Segment Dual Motor Standing Desk – Black Frame (PRE-ORDER ONLY SHIPS OUT MAY 8)" confirm whether or not this is supposed to come with a tabletop?

Thanks!
Wallet safe...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1765 posts
832 upvotes
Zida wrote: I received a call today that they are out of stock of the two segment frame from the OP (https://motiongrey.com/product/motion-s ... ack-frame/). They offered I can upgrade to the three segment for an additional $35. I would have taken it but they also said that the order doesn't come with a tabletop. Wasn't that a big part of this deal?

Thanks!

When did you place your order?

I just got the call too, it's an extra $25.
Last edited by Dustler6 on May 7th, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 28, 2012
61 posts
154 upvotes
Montreal
I just got a call from them too saying it was out of stock. I ordered on May 1st and was already charged on May 1st. The table top wasn't part of the original deal.
They also said they would upgrade me to the 3 segment for $25 extra (or maybe $35, wasn't sure from the guy's accent). I asked if they could knock down the price more since this is their fault and I don't want to be upsold based on their error. He said he couldn't but would have to check with a manager. I mean the table is still currently listed in stock on their website for Pete's sake!

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
daewoo19 wrote: I just got a call from them too saying it was out of stock. I ordered on May 1st and was already charged on May 1st. The table top wasn't part of the original deal.
They also said they would upgrade me to the 3 segment for $25 extra (or maybe $35, wasn't sure from the guy's accent). I asked if they could knock down the price more since this is their fault and I don't want to be upsold based on their error. He said he couldn't but would have to check with a manager. I mean the table is still currently listed in stock on their website for Pete's sake!
Ditto. It was 25$ extra to get the upgrade to a 3 segment. I just had to send them the money via paypal to their email address. Desk frame is being shipped out tomorrow.
All I asked was for a text message sent to my phone with the details of what they wanted, my order number and the name of the person I was talking with to ensure I wasn't being scammed.
Overall all happy with the small extra fee.
Nov 30, 2009
344 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe I'll see if they can edit my order to include a discount code to offset the $25 fee. Is the 'motion' for 7.5% off the best code available right now?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)