Ongoing Deal Discussion

Standing Desk Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 8:42 pm
Oct 29, 2019
632 posts
456 upvotes
HotDealsRock wrote: I have the same concern too, and wondering how the hardwax oil reacts with a separate stain and polyurethane finish, in case I don't like the finish and want to redo it.

Does anyone have any input and pictures of this product?
But do look into the type of oil that was used to finish your particular model of the countertop. If it was Tung or linseed oil then you may be in luck since those are “drying oils” and given some time, will dry out and you can then put on poly.
May 30, 2016
446 posts
487 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Acacia also dents more easily than I expected. I have a acacia kitchen island counter top as my desktop. Luckily you can minimize/remove dents by steaming them out. Just put a moist towel over the dent and iron it out. The hot water will cause the wood fibers to expand and fill the dent in. I dropped a butter knife on my table this weekend and youtube rescued me. Also managed to minimize a dent that was already on the table when I unwrapped it. This method is more effective for removing new dents than it is old dents. Also be careful not to steam too much as this may cause the wood to warp.
Oct 29, 2019
632 posts
456 upvotes
razorblade2099 wrote: Acacia also dents more easily than I expected. I have a acacia kitchen island counter top as my desktop. Luckily you can minimize/remove dents by steaming them out. Just put a moist towel over the dent and iron it out. The hot water will cause the wood fibers to expand and fill the dent in. I dropped a butter knife on my table this weekend and youtube rescued me. Also managed to minimize a dent that was already on the table when I unwrapped it. This method is more effective for removing new dents than it is old dents. Also be careful not to steam too much as this may cause the wood to warp.
Do you get water ring stains from cups/mugs?
Apr 24, 2007
446 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
yyzthe6 wrote: Do you get water ring stains from cups/mugs?
I believe people use coasters to prevent this.

---

I made a purchase on April 24, shipping eta on May 8 and still haven't received any notification yet. I ordered the full desk (not just the stand) and wonder if that'll add delay :(
Apr 18, 2017
706 posts
350 upvotes
Poland
Is the consensus that this is worth getting vs all the other models discussed (Autonomous, Costco, Prime Cables etc?) Autonomous won't even ship out until June 30...

Was thinking of getting the three segment motor frame ($379.99) + high back office chair.
Sep 2, 2007
480 posts
181 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Is the consensus that this is worth getting vs all the other models discussed (Autonomous, Costco, Prime Cables etc?) Autonomous won't even ship out until June 30...

Was thinking of getting the three segment motor frame ($379.99) + high back office chair.
My original plan was to wait till the primecables anniversary sale in early June but I pulled the trigger on the MG three segment.
Oct 29, 2019
632 posts
456 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Is the consensus that this is worth getting vs all the other models discussed (Autonomous, Costco, Prime Cables etc?) Autonomous won't even ship out until June 30...

The 2 segment and the 3 segment with table top now shows shipping date of June 10. But guess it is till 20 days earlier than Autonomous.
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Few noob questions:

1)whats the difference between 2 segment vs 3 segment?
2) Since you can put any tabletop on the skeleton, do you just screw it in?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
hyperzore wrote: Few noob questions:

1)whats the difference between 2 segment vs 3 segment?
2) Since you can put any tabletop on the skeleton, do you just screw it in?
1) 3 segment has a greater range of motion (lowest vs highest settings)
2) Yes.
Jul 16, 2019
181 posts
126 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Did you upgrade to the 3 segment or are you sticking with the 2 segment?
I ordered a 3 segment with a top.

For other people wondering about shipping notice, I've gotten nothing! It was meant to get sent Friday, nothing. Someone said today (Monday) and nothing!
May 30, 2016
446 posts
487 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
yyzthe6 wrote: Do you get water ring stains from cups/mugs?
I place my sealed water containers down on mats and wipe down any water that may get on my desk as soon as I see it. I ordered some butcher block wax and it's going to arrive next week. After I wax I'll be more willing to put my water containers on the table itself. I chose to oil and wax the table instead of sealing it with poly because I'm actually using my desk as both a workstation and kitchen countertop/dining table.
Sep 30, 2018
229 posts
132 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Did you upgrade to the 3 segment or are you sticking with the 2 segment?
3 segments too. And no work on the shipping notification from manufacturer.
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
Ya :( I can understand COVID bogging stuff down but would still be nice to hear updates after being told in emails It would be Friday, Sat, Monday! #entitled #justwantlessbackpain
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't understand how any of you are still considering giving them money after they've essentially been dicking you around by upselling you hard.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8363 posts
692 upvotes
I think they are just overwhelmed by all the orders. Maybe even shorthanded due to covid-19. I ordered a 3 segment unit without a table top from them beginning of April on a Wednesday morning. UPS dropped it off Thursday noon hour. I was shocked to see it came in so quickly as I thought it was coming from BC. Instead it came from Concord. Been using it for over 30 days now and it has really helped my back pain a lot.
kaiseki wrote: I don't understand how any of you are still considering giving them money after they've essentially been dicking you around by upselling you hard.
Heatware: 36-0-0
Apr 3, 2006
69 posts
12 upvotes
I ordered a 3 segment white May 6th. I received a text last night that 3 segment black was in stock and white would be around 17 days. I switched to black and is scheduled to be delivered today.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
They told me they got Grey on Friday... don't think that is true. As I didn't get any shipping notice. Ordered early April.
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
ironmikel wrote: I ordered a 3 segment white May 6th. I received a text last night that 3 segment black was in stock and white would be around 17 days. I switched to black and is scheduled to be delivered today.
You have a tracking number and everything?

edit: nvm, I think you're in BC, so not shipping from the Ontario warehouse we're in limbo with.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1060 posts
177 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: I don't understand how any of you are still considering giving them money after they've essentially been dicking you around by upselling you hard.
Their customer support is terrible. I mean you can blame it on COVID19, but having an order placed in early April ith a ship date of May 8th and not receiving any updates is really inexcusable. You know what your production level is at, you must know you're unable to meet the orders by a certain date, you should notify your customers right away and give them an option to cancel.

You can't expect people to be able to receive the shipment at all times of the day.

Really bad experience and this is coming from a person who wants to support Canadian businesses as much as possible.

I really hope they monitor these forums because they should communicate with their customers.