• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 10:54 am
Oct 28, 2020
71 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
jaayLO wrote: The two things you noted are pretty big differences :P Price is always important, and a 5-year difference in warranty is huge (eg. If a motor goes wrong or if the frame degrades due to poor build quality, you're covered for an extra FIVE years). If price isn't an issue for you, go with Progressive for the warranty.
Fair point, guess I'll go with progressive with the RFD group buy (: thank you!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1872 posts
462 upvotes
Lyuda wrote: Same "Order Now to ship out in 3-5 Business Days" , good luck to get it.
Mine got shipped out today via FedEx. Arriving Mon Nov 16.
Feb 19, 2018
44 posts
28 upvotes
I ordered a MotionGrey base, applied the -$30 coupon for signing up for their mailing list. Going to pair it with the Oak-stained effect $50 Ikea Linnmon table top (59"x29.5"). All in all, about $420+tax.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1997 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Oh was the white dual motor desk at PC a one day sale?? I missed it, looks like it's $367.
I was mulling over waiting for the autonomous.ai sale but someone in the hot deals forum posted reviews and after doing some googling, I'm kinda iffy about them plus the possible long ship times.

I hope there's another $299 sale coming up!
Dec 14, 2012
63 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
rockthecasbah wrote: Oh was the white dual motor desk at PC a one day sale?? I missed it, looks like it's $367.
I was mulling over waiting for the autonomous.ai sale but someone in the hot deals forum posted reviews and after doing some googling, I'm kinda iffy about them plus the possible long ship times.

I hope there's another $299 sale coming up!
It was only one day. Hopefully it'll go on sale for you again on Black Friday but PC hasn't made any promises on that.

The Autonomous desk frame is overpriced relative to Primecables or MotionGrey, for the same features (dual motor, 3 segments; see below). I'd go with one of those two brands instead if you're trying to spend less than $400.
jaayLO wrote: At the same price point of around $380 (Autonomous AI's sale price and Primecables' original price), Autonomous AI only has 2 leg segments instead of 3, which means it has a more limited height range (both minimum and maximum).

Also, Primecables didn't guarantee that it would be selling their white desk frame at $299 on Black Friday proper so if you really want one, I'd pull the trigger now.
Apr 23, 2011
406 posts
158 upvotes
Montreal
CDNMutant wrote: Prime cables or progressive? Any thoughts? Seems the difference (price aside) is the warranty of 3 years for primecables vs 8 years for progressive.
I'm also trying to decide between the 2.
I'll probably be going for the progressive because it has a wedge for more stability.
See point number 4 at https://www.btod.com/blog/2017/07/14/to ... ks-wobble/
Dec 19, 2015
325 posts
95 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Sarutobi883 wrote: My wife and I got the Primecables dual motor standing desks and added the IKEA’s 74 1/2” Karlby walnut counter top. We’ve been using it for a couple of months now and loving it so far. It’s very sturdy and doesn’t shake even with my 2 27” monitors, monitor mount and a few stuff on my desk. I can even put my arms on it and lean forward a little when I stand and work.
May I ask what chair you've got actually? Haha
Feb 22, 2015
54 posts
7 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Kero_1116 wrote: Anyone know where I can get tabletops that are 85" or more?

I need an extra wide desk to install on a standing desk and seem to have difficulty finding one.
Ikea has 98" ones under their countertop category. Lots of choices.
Jun 16, 2020
24 posts
23 upvotes
birdbird wrote: May I ask what chair you've got actually? Haha
I have this chair https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdx/in ... 83217.html

Wayfair tends to change the names around. It used to be called Aloura and was sold by Latitude Run. I got it for $275 about 2 months ago.

Edit: I found the same seller I bought it from here for $269.99 - https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdx/la ... 97461.html
Dec 19, 2015
325 posts
95 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Sarutobi883 wrote: I have this chair https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdx/in ... 83217.html

Wayfair tends to change the names around. It used to be called Aloura and was sold by Latitude Run. I got it for $275 about 2 months ago.

Edit: I found the same seller I bought it from here for $269.99 - https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdx/la ... 97461.html
Thank you! How do you like it? I need a new chair to go along with the standing desk.
Jun 16, 2020
24 posts
23 upvotes
birdbird wrote: Thank you! How do you like it? I need a new chair to go along with the standing desk.
Loving it! The lumbar and head rest support are comfy.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2984 posts
2905 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thoughts on a good one with a table top? I was about to pull the trigger on the autonomous sit stand desk premium for ~$600 but then started reading reviews about the company. Looking for something all in with table top around +- $600. Is there a clear "best" one? Appreciate any advice.

Autonomous seems the cheapest at ~$560 all in for their premium one... I just hate ordering when the shipment date is a month+ away.
Aug 27, 2010
55 posts
37 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Thoughts on a good one with a table top? I was about to pull the trigger on the autonomous sit stand desk premium for ~$600 but then started reading reviews about the company. Looking for something all in with table top around +- $600. Is there a clear "best" one? Appreciate any advice.

Autonomous seems the cheapest at ~$560 all in for their premium one... I just hate ordering when the shipment date is a month+ away.
There's a group buy happening for the Progressive Electric Standing desk. Supposedly they make all their own parts and have pretty good reviews. Downside is you'll have to wait until January or something.

Read the following thread for more information:
progressive-electric-standing-desk-grou ... 387915/50/
Jul 23, 2009
576 posts
365 upvotes
hunga wrote: There's a group buy happening for the Progressive Electric Standing desk. Supposedly they make all their own parts and have pretty good reviews. Downside is you'll have to wait until January or something.

Read the following thread for more information:
progressive-electric-standing-desk-grou ... 387915/50/
Just to add something. Progressive standing desk is not their inhouse product and a white label product from a Chinese manufacturer called jiecang.
Aug 27, 2010
55 posts
37 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: Just to add something. Progressive standing desk is not their inhouse product and a white label product from a Chinese manufacturer called jiecang.
Oh! This is really good information. Did you get this information from their website? I will have to look into this further.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4812 posts
1340 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: Just to add something. Progressive standing desk is not their inhouse product and a white label product from a Chinese manufacturer called jiecang.
What does this mean? The group buy is a white label desk and not the Ryzer?
Let's hug it out